Until My Heartbeat Stops

By couplestok

Dixie Damelio, formerly known as Dixie Johnson but her Ex-husband Griffin wasn't here for her keeping his las... More

Empty Apartment
Winged Emotions
Convos & Coffee
Films and Fevers
Insomnia
Phone calls & Key trouble
Baby Sister?
Reasons and Reservations
Lies like sugar
Explain - Ms. Deadweight
Paper Torn
Bloodloss
Lost and Lust
Scalpel Scar
Vanilla Question
Mr. and Mrs.
Dancing in the rain
DNA is the same for twins
blood doesn't always mean family
Lorelei
trust is earned
my brother in law loves my sister
Scream
11:11
Kisses, cries and ex wives
Dinner with friends
girlfriend
my guts not wrong this time
me or her
Color me confident.
Decipher my expression 
To early to loose you
Hes just a friend
Handshake
Dont force my lust
Why do u think im gonna leave
A funeral and a damaged heart
A talk with my gfs ex something
meet my girlfriend
5 stages of greif
goodbyes & clean nights
adorable boy
rules and therapists
Ice cream
Hurts
friends close ememies closer
an old friend
Babe
Sober phone calls arent good either
you can't
my ex husband came back??
Bad decision
broken bridge
Miserable
I love you
Love relationships
Karmas a bitch
Make love to me
Mine
Pancakes
Theres no "blood" in family
sweet dreams
Cali-fornia
Irreplaceable
We need a puppy siter
Companionship
Controllers and commitment
More than life
I like being on the ground
a wedding and a conversation
Pretty
Pillow fight?
louder than words
deathly
a punch in the stomach
I dont like public speaking
Hurt people hurt people
Know the song by heart
"Forever doesnt exist"
Ill just text you
A new home away from home?
Just an excuse
Forever
Home
Some people never leave
You deserve me
Mother and daughter dismay
Lost home, lost heart, lost loved one.
Speak with words not actions
Forever my mother
coping mechanism
I love her like my wife
like us

"don't answer the phone drunk."

746 14 5
By couplestok

"Camelia Mendoza, 25, she jumped out of an airplane the parachute failed to open, she's got a collapsed lung, three broken ribs a twisted arm, a broken leg and torn cartilage in one knee. She has some internal bleeding and her oxygen levels are failing." Dr. Reeves announced the patient's injuries as she and a couple of other surgeons including Noah and Dixie rolled her hospital bed into the emergency room. 

"Grab an apron you two." Dr. Reeves declared "Your scrubbing in." Noah and Dixie nodded simultaneously each grabbing an apron and a mask from the rack in front of them. 

The O.R. is always busy and for most, it would seem hectic and exermely hard to work let alone concentrate in such an environment but it always brought a scene of tranquility to both Noah and Dixie. It gave them peace as if the rush of the world around them couldn't change what they knew about surgery. 

 "Were doing a Thoracotomy." Dr. Reeves looked at Noah "Noah would you like to start?" Noah nodded taking the scalp in Dr. Reeves's hand. he began by cutting between the ribs to allow access to the lungs or other organs in the chest or thorax. A thoracotomy is usually done on either the right or left side of the chest. In this case, it was the left scene that was the side that her lung was failing. 

When Noah finished he put the scalp down and told Madi to close. She did and Noah walked out. Dixie followed him.

"Great job in there," Dixie stated as they walked out of the O.R. Noah didn't even acknowledge her somewhat pitiful complement and instead went to find Mr. Mendoza to let him know the surgery went well.  Dixie knew he was hurt. It wasn't that she felt weird about kissing him or maybe she did. She had emotions to sort out and she didn't want to drag him into her rollercoaster of a life. Besides that, she still felt guilty about taking his bag out of the trash.

Noah had decided to never speak to Dixie again. They did live in the same building, right across from either for that matter, they did work in the same building with the same people but he would make it work. He didn't want to see her anyway. 

"Mr. Mendoza I just want to let you know that your wife's surgery went very well were gonna keep her for the night just to make sure this  process doesn't have any complications but we expect her to make a full recovery." 

"Oh thank you so much, Dr. Beck." 

"No need to thank me I'm just doing my job."

Dixie got home way later than she had initially anticipated and in a state that's somewhat foreign to her.

she was drunk, really drunk.

She took off her heels unclipped her bra and laid down on her couch. she took a breath a long I-really-need-a-shower breath. Her phone ringed and she nonchalantly picked it up answered it and put it in her ear. 

"Hey." a male voice said on the other line. 

"Griffin?" Dixie asked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.3K 15
dixie doesn't understand her feelings. her mood is completely changed by just simply seeing perfection in a person: addison. but she doesn't know why...
90.4K 1.3K 60
Started: 24th July, 2021 Ended: 14th September, 2021 i update everyday if there is any day that i have nothing to do, there will be 2 updates this is...
63.1K 772 30
Dixie being the person that she is, holds off a lot. The tiniest things get to her, and after being cheated on, she begins to do so even more. Of cou...
81.6K 869 162
( COMPLETED ) Noah and Dixie have been friends since they were 5 years old. But in high school, Noah started getting feelings for Dixie . But the pr...