Flicker in the Night

Door Violet_Rain95

Hit with an unplanned pregnancy, Valentina finds herself thrust into a life she never saw coming. She struggl... Meer

Authors Note
Prologue
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Rangers
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Stirder
Valentina
Unknown
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Author's Note!
Where I am at.

Valentina

13.4K 508 22
Door Violet_Rain95

I was getting the snacks ready while Elijah was eating a lunch. Bri was coming over and I was very happy about it. I felt like I haven't seen her in a while. Looking to Elijah just to make sure everything was okay. Then I got back to work making finger foods. Like mini corndogs, popcorn, chips, and sandwiches. We were going to have a little picnic with a small BBQ out back. Strider had a big back yard complete with a little playground and I was excited to see a swing set.

Swings are awesome!

"Mama, can we get a dog?" Looking up from putting seasoning on the meat to Elijah.

I thought about it for a bit. A dog would be nice to have around when Strider was out. "Let's ask daddy when he gets home. But maybe we should start with something small," Elijah made a little pout face.

"Like what kind of small?"

"Don't look so sad sweetheart. I was think maybe a hamster or a fish?" I think they are good to start off with a good way to learn responsibility.

"No, they are no fun. I want a dog so I can run around with him outside."

I sighed out looking at the time and realized why he was a little cranky. It was his nap time. Setting the meat down I washed my hands and then went to pick up Elijah "I think it's time for a nap." He started to whine a little more saying he didn't want to go to bed. But I knew we had to keep this routine it was important. Laying him down then pulling the blanket over him.

"Sweetheart, I know you're tired. You didn't get to much sleep last night," I spoke softly running my hands through his hair.

"But what if the scary sounds come back?" It broke my heart that he was scared of thunder but I remember what my mom use to tell me when I was little.

"What to know what my mom use to tell me when I was sacred of the thunder?" He nodded "She said that it was God playing bowling with the devil. That the rain was the angles laughing too hard because God was winning."

"Why does it make a loud sound and the light that goes like this." He made little zig-zags with his hands.

I took his little hands in mine kissing them "The loud sound and light is God getting a strike. Earn points to win the game." he smiled. I was able to see he relaxed a lot.

"So I don't have to be scared?"

"That's right, there is nothing to be sacred of. Always remember daddy and me are here for you." I placed a kiss on his forehead and tucked him in some more "love you honey,"

I closed his door half way and went back to finish making preparing the food. I smiled on how much I loved being a mom never in my life did I think I was going to be a good mom. Yes granted, Elijah is older but it's a good start and he is such a sweetheart. I was glad Strider has allowed me to step into this roll for him. He could have picked anyone, anyone who wasn't pregnant. Yet, here I was in his kitchen making dinner. I was brought out my thoughts when someone knocked on the door. So putting the meat down once again I headed to the door.

I smiled when I saw Bri standing on the other side. Swinging the door opened I pulled her into a hug "Oh my God! I've missed you much." I mumbled into her hair

"Man, I know. I feel like it's been years since we last talked." she placed her hands over my belly "Man look how big you are! You look ready to pop." we both started to giggle like crazy people.

"You know that there is two bikers just sitting outside the house right?" I frowned at her statement.

What bikers?

"What do you mean?" I stepped more outside and sure enough there was two bikers outside. I knew it was Striders doing "go ahead and go inside. I'll be right back." Bri nodded and disappeared inside.

I walked over to the bikers who watched me as I came up to them. I rubbed my hands together from the cold. They raised their eyebrows at me "I was wondering if you guys would like to come inside from cold?" I realized one was Rob and the other Cheddar.

He goes by Cheddar and I have no idea why. I didn't want to know "That's alright. Valentina, we will stay out here." Rob said.

"No, you will come inside right this minute!" I snapped "it is fucking cold and if Strider wants you to be here then you can be inside. Where is it fucking warm!" They held smirks and chuckled lightly.

"Alright, alright we will come inside. Just don't cut our balls off," I smiled in triumph then turned to walk back inside. I stood at the door and had them come in.

"Would you guys like to man the grill?" I suggested. Pointing to the meat we had set up "I was going to do a little thing out back with the fire pit."

Rob nodded looking at all the meat "Do you want us to help set up the pit and start on the meat now?"

I looked at all the meat sitting on the island "If you don't mind? Bri and I can start on the sides,"

Cheddar nodded and walked to the meat taking some of it and Rob soon joined in. Bri was nibbling on some chips watching the guys work out back. "How much do you think it will take to have them do that with their shirts off?" she leaned over the Island a bit to get a better look.

"Bri, it's too cold for that." I shook my head a bit and started put the corn to cook. Then started on the fruit salad "Plus I thought you liked Jorden?" I teased.

Her cheeks heated up a bit "I haven't seen him since the baby shower." she was looking sad "I don't think he likes me the way I like him."

I rubbed her back resting my head on her shoulder "He does like you honey." She didn't looked convinced "The way he looks at you when you're not looking. Or the way he tries to stand next you any chance he gets."

She looked thoughtfully for a bit "he does try to stand next to me a lot when he is around." I didn't miss the small smile she gave. "Maybe I'm over reacting a bit and I came here to have fun not to be a sad sob." we giggled getting back to work.

We started to catch up on the things we missed. The gossip around school and how things were at home. Which she stressed that her mom and dad wanted me to stop by to see how I am. We got on the topic of my dad I haven't heard from him in a while maybe. I should give him a call instead waiting for him? Bri and I were now sitting on the sofa just enjoying our company. When heard Elijah coming down the hall.

"Oh who might this handsome boy be?" Bri asked, putting her hand out for him to shake "My name is Brianna but everyone calls me Bri,"

Elijah smiled taking her hand and gave a big handshake "it's nice to meet you! I'm Elijah," he looked at me and beamed "Mama, can I go outside to play?"

"Yes, but you need to put your coat, gloves, and hat on," with a fast nod he took off back to his room.

I looked to Bri who had this big smile on her face "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're a great mom, you know that." I gave a shyly smile "I know you can handle this for sure now."

I place my hand over my heart "What about before, you thought I wasn't?" her face turned to a horror one.

She put her hands up while shaking them "That's not what I meant! I meant that you are getting good practice with Elijah. So you won't worry so much with Amara."

I started laughing. Because she was frantically trying to explain "Bri honey, I was playing." She looked taking back a bit.

"You know, that's the second time you called me honey?" she started, I brought my eyebrows together "Motherhood fits you perfect." She stood up offering me her hand

Taking it we head out back as Elijah zipped passed us he gave high fives to the guys and took off. I smiled the food making my stomach growl "How is everything going?" I asked, walking next to them and picked on the meat that was done.

"Good, but who are you making all this for?" Rob asked, I gave a shrug I always had a habit of over making food.

"I really don't know." I said, thinking some more "Maybe I'll give Strider a call. Have him asked Aiden and Hayden to come over." They nodded and got back to work. I went to stand next to Bri who was sitting by the pit laughing at the little thinks Elijah was doing.

I pulled my phone out to call Strider. Bri bumped my shoulder and said she was going to get a drink, "Hey beautiful. How's everything?" I smiled when I heard his voice

"Hey yourself and I'm doing great." I gave Elijah a thumbs up. To show I was watching as he went down the slide "I was calling for two reasons though."

"Alright, what's up baby?" the noise died down on his end telling me he was alone.

"First, it was mean of you to make Rob and Cheddar stand in the cold. Second, I prepared too much food do you think Aiden and Hayden would like to come over later?" I pulled my coat tighter to my body man it was getting colder by the minute.

"They didn't mind standing in the cold. They use to be navy seals, they're used to this. In fact they offered to go watch you and second I'll let them know."

I was thrown off by the fact that they use to be Navy Seals. That is kind of cool not that I want to know what they did while in the serves.

"You could have still told me." I stressed "But that's okay I put them to work." I looked over at them as they sipped beer watching the meat.

Strider gave a small laugh "What do you have them doing?"

I giggled "Well first, I was ready to kick ass because they wanted to stay out front. But, I told them to get inside and put them to work manning the grill. Bri and I were too lazy to grill."

He chuckled again "Oh man, I hate to be them right now." I can hear the smile in his voice.

"Babe, I love your back yard,"

"Our yard,"

"What?" I asked a little surprised by his statement.

"I said our yard baby. You're moving in remember." I made a circle shape with my mouth remembering.

"Yeah, I remember I just have to get used to it." Bri sat back down next to me handing a water over. I looked to Elijah and remembered what he asked for today.

"Babe, Elijah said he wants a dog." I heard him sigh making me frown.

"Yeah, I know he's been bugging for a while. I just don't know what to tell him." he sounded stressed out about it

I felt bad that I brought it up "I think we should start with something small. Like a hamster or a fish." even though Elijah didn't agree it would be good for him.

"Yeah, that might be a good start for him." he sighed once again "We can talk about it later when I get home. But I have to go, Aiden is called for church, I love you baby."

"Okay, love you too babe." I turned back to Bri who smiled. We fell into an easy conversation talking. We even played with Elijah and couldn't stop laughing. I was truly happy with a family I love so much.

------------------------------

What do you think should Elijah get a dog? A hamster? A fish? lol let me know what you think...anyways till next time

VOTE, COMMENT

-Violet

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

26.9M 314K 20
**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE. THE FULL BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON...
772K 21K 39
When I stood up and reach for the door. I was forcefully turn around..making my back lean in the back door.. He snatch the purse and shoes in my han...
3.1K 47 53
Alayna moans desperately, gripping my shoulder blades as I slowly guide myself inside of her. We're both gasping into each other's mouths, and my han...
790K 15.4K 50
Violet Balenciaga:•: She just found the courage to leave her toxic, abusive relationship. The one time she gave love a chance after the love of her l...