Picture Perfect Night Sky

By MelancholicBastard

Two people struggling with life as they do their best to find who they really are. One who's struggling with... More

Prologue
1 ¦ Margaret Fellice
2 ¦ Jacob Pierce
3 ¦ Margaret Fellice
4 ¦ Jacob Pierce
5 ¦ Margaret Fellice
6 ¦ Jacob Pierce
7 ¦ Margaret Fellice
8 ¦ Jacob Pierce
9 ¦ Margaret Fellice
10 ¦ Jacob Pierce
11 ¦ Margaret Fellice
12 ¦ Jacob Pierce
13 ¦ Margaret Fellice
14 ¦ Jacob Pierce
15 ¦ Margaret Fellice
16 ¦ Jacob Pierce
17 ¦ Margaret Fellice
18 ¦ Jacob Pierce
19 ¦ Margaret Fellice
20 ¦ Jacob Pierce
21 ¦ Margaret Fellice
22 ¦ Jacob Pierce
23 ¦ Margaret Fellice
24 ¦ Jacob Pierce
25 ¦ Margaret Fellice
26 ¦ Jacob Pierce
27 ¦ Margaret Fellice
28 ¦ Jacob Pierce
30 ¦ Jacob Pierce
31 ¦ Margaret Fellice
32 ¦ Jacob Pierce
33 ¦ Margaret Fellice
34 ¦ Jacob Pierce
35 ¦ Margaret Fellice
36 ¦ Jacob Pierce
37 ¦ Margaret Fellice
38 ¦ Jacob Pierce
39 ¦ Margaret Fellice
40 ¦ Jacob Pierce
41 ¦ Margaret Fellice
42 ¦ Jacob Pierce
43 ¦ Margaret Fellice
44 ¦ Jacob Pierce
45 ¦ Margaret Fellice
46 ¦ Jacob Pierce
Epilogue

29 ¦ Margaret Fellice

76 4 0
By MelancholicBastard

God, ever since my brain decided to make me dream about Jacob, I swore to myself that I'll avoid him as much as possible. But this guy's determination is just annoying. How the hell am I supposed to avoid someone who's really dedicated to fulfill his agreement to me and also a person who's my partner?

Deep breaths Margaret, it's only for the whole semester. He'll go away eventually once this semester is over. I just need to be patient, but being patient with this guy is impossible.

What's up with this guy anyway? He's been staring at me throughout the whole class. I bet he isn't paying any attention to what Mr. Winchester said earlier. Well, except the being late part, again. He's always late. Does he even want to go to class?

"So, curiosity is killing me right now." he puffs up his cheeks. No, he's not cute when he does that, stop admiring his cuteness.

I give him a smile filled with dark intent. "Well good, let that curiosity kill you, so I won't get to deal with you anymore."

"I don't why you're so rude to me today, but I'll let it slide for now since I promise you that I'll be a good assistant." He lets out a sigh, as if he's trying to fight off his urge to give me a smart retort. "As I was saying, I was curious about your art materials though."

I roll my eyes, groaning during the process. "Fine, I'll bite off your curiosity." He smiles so innocently. "Well, for starters, I have this multiple paint brush from when I was a child."

"You still have them?" He looks surprised with a hint of amazement in his eyes. "I thought once you get older, you'll throw away your old art materials."

"Well, you thought wrong." The corner of my mouth raises for a bit, making me look smug, "I won't let any art materials be left and get dusty as I was getting older. I keep them for the sake of memories."

"Of course, every quirky girl ever existed." He rolls his eyes. I have an urge to throw a wet paintbrush at him, but my paintbrushes are too precious to be thrown to a jerk like him. Plus, I have quite a strong self-control. "What else are your art materials?" He leans in forward from his seat, trying to get a closer look at my art materials.

"Well, do you see this kit?" I point to a white rectangular box.

"Of course, I can see that. I have a set of eyes, dumdum." He smirks mischievously. He looks so proud from that joke to the point of obnoxiousness.

"Oh, I thought you couldn't see through those eyes of yours. You look like a blind person." Yeah, blind enough to ignore what I am feeling for you. "No offense though." I give him a mischievous smirk back at him. "As I was saying before I got rudely interrupted by Captain Obvious here," I give him a deep gaze. "This is Windsor and Newton watercolor."

"Newton?" He echoes back, his eyes widen. "Ain't he a physicist?"

That offends the shit out of me. I'm really at the edge of the cliff of my patience and I just want to throw a wet paintbrush at him. So, I did, I can't help it. It's his fault that he has a faded splash of royal blue on his hoodie. "Shut up, he's the one who discovered the color theory."

"Yeah, sure." He tries to clean the faded splash of paint on his hoodie, but he failed and just spread it even more. But at least it fades even more. "Whatever you say, 'nerd'." he makes air quotes to complete the emphasis on the nerd part.

Rolling my eyes at him, I try to focus back to my self-portrait. I've been working on this for two weeks now, how come that I ain't near to finishing this. The end of the semester is getting closer and closer, and I'm just done finishing my face part, the only thing left is my body. Mr. Santiago specifically said whole body, if that's what he wants, that's what he will get.

God, this is so frustrating, and my assistant is no help at all. To be honest, he's making the situation worse. Instead of me being relaxed and focusing more on what I'm doing, he's here to irritate every patience in my system.

Something is bugging me, he's awfully quiet, and it's weird. I take my focus out from the canvas and glance up at him just to see what's he doing. All I see is him doing the thing he did earlier in class... Just staring. He's such a weirdo. I feel anxious about people staring intensely at me. Is there something from my face? "What are you doing?" I finally have the nerve to ask this weirdo.

"Oh, I'm just admiring art." He smiles, and goes back to staring.

Okay, that's quite suspicious. "You can't even see the canvas from where you are facing." I gesture the sideways canvas from his face up against me.

"I'm not talking about the art on the canvas." He crosses his arms, still have that weird smile printed on his weird face.

"Okay, what is wrong with you today?" I try to pretend to be mad at him, just to hide away my blushing cheeks.

"What do you mean?" He gives me a perplexed look.

"You're acting weird today, I don't like it." I cross my arms over my chest. Whatever his reason, I don't care, I just need time to hide this urge to blush from what he just said.

"Are you sure? Perhaps you're the one who's acting weird by avoiding me earli—" I bash a fist on his leg before he can even finish his sentence. It's not that strong of an impact because I also don't want to hurt him that much, but at the same time, I think he deserves the pain.

"What the fuck was that for?" he groans, putting his hand to where I hit him. He's massaging the pain away.

"Oh, I was just hoping that will make you wake up from whatever trance you were on." Turning the canvas away from my face and washing my paintbrush to the cup of water on the side of my chair. I lift my chair up to face him. "Why are you being weird and staring at me?"

"Staring at you?" He echoes back. He glances away from me for a second then back at me, meeting my gaze. There's something on his mind that I couldn't put it into words. "Why would I stare at you?"

Is he trying to pretend nothing happened? Is he really trying to do that method at me? "Wow, way to be in denial." I cross my arms once more. "I keep seeing your eyes sticking at my direction. Not to mention those thick monobrow of yours are facing me." Fighting the urge to tell him that his monobrow looks cute at him because this is a serious and heated argument we're having right now, and I just can't get soft.

"Hey, I fucking trimmed this monobrow, so it's not that thick." He frowns, gently touching his monobrow.

"Even if you trimmed it, it still looks thick to me." I squint my eyes, taking a closer look at the definition of trim for him. Even though I'm trying to argue with him, it still feels like we're joking. It feels so natural, yet so fucking weird at the same time.

He just rolls his eyes and gaze around the bland art room. "This room is boring."

Just about a second ago we were arguing about his weird actions today, and it seems like he's trying to avoid that topic as soon as possible. Fine, I'll bite in whatever his plans on making me forget what just happened earlier. Besides, I also want to forget about it. "Boring?" I echo back. "Why did you think that this room—the art room to be specific—boring?"

"Well, the art is fine and gorgeous." He gestures around the bland room. "It's the room, not the art. It's quite ironic that the Art Room is looking quite bland."

For the first time in my existence after meeting him, I agree with his opinion. Sure, this room supposed to let your imaginations run wild by means of art, but this room doesn't even have a spark of imagination. It's just bland. "Yeah, this room sure needs to be decorated."

"Why don't you decorate it?" he crosses his arms at me, raising an eyebrow. Still looks weird with that monobrow though.

"I don't think Mr. Santiago lets students decorate this room." I let out a deep long sigh. "Even if he lets students decorate this room, I don't have the time to do it."

"Pfft, just admit that you're just lazy." He mumbles softly under his breath, but I still heard it nonetheless.

I groan softly, holding back the last bit of patience I have. "Okay, what is your problem?" Turning my whole body to face him.

"My problem is—"

He gets interrupted by a knock on the door. "Am I interfering to something?" We both turn our heads towards the voice, to our surprise, it's Amon wandering his way slowly towards us. Oh, thank God, I have back-up.

"Oh Amon, what's up?" Just like magic, Jacob stands up from his seat, walking towards Amon as if like he wasn't about to say something to me. He's back to being a normal weirdo.

"Not much really, and you?" Amon is still walking towards us, making me realize how slow he really walks.

"Eh same."

Amon pats Jacob's shoulders as he walks pass him, making his way towards me. "Hi Maggie." He gives me that sweet smile accompanied by a sweet tone that just makes me forget about Jacob's weird behavior earlier.

I smile back at him, giving him the same sweet smile. "Hi Amon."

Amon takes the seat that Jacob was occupying and sits down, still facing me. "How are you?" Damn, those sympathetic eyes are just marvelous. I could just stare at it all day.

I chuckle softly, ignoring the angry Jacob in the distance. Why is he looking angry though? "I'm fine, a bit annoyed," I give the angry Jacob in the distance a quick glance. "But overall I'm fine."

"Fine is still good, even if you're annoyed." He gives me that sweet smile again that makes me want to smile back. So, I did because it just feels so natural smiling at each other, while there's an angry Jacob in the distance. He glances at the canvas. "Is this you?"

"Yeah, it's a self-portrait." I try to shy away my nervousness at him.

"It's beautiful." He mumbles softly, still have that sweet smile on his adorable face. "It portrays your personality elegantly."

"Thank you." I try not to blush that easily from his words, but I failed miserably.

Amon chuckles softly by the sight of me blushing. "You look so adorab—"

"Okay," Jacob's loud voice immediately interrupts Amon's sentence. He walks up between us, and places a hand on Amon's shoulder. Jacob cough loudly, clearing up his throat, "So, Amon, what are you doing here?" I glance at Jacob, still interested as the way he acts differently, immediately.

"Oh, I just came to visit you two and see how you guys have been." Amon faces Jacob, still giving me a quick smile. "So, how's the partnership between you too."

"Oh, it's—"

"It's fun really," Jacob interrupts me. He gives me a quick glance. What the fuck is this guy problem? He's acting pretty weird again. The detective deep inside me wants to break free and see why is he like this. It's not going to be an easy work, every detective needs her partner, and I have a guy for that position.

Amon nods slowly, "How many pictures have you gotten so far?"

"We have only gotten one shot so far." I blurted out before Jacob says more lies.

"Ah, I see." I don't know if I'm the only one, but this feels a bit awkward right now. It's a weird feeling to feel about this situation.

Without any warning whatsoever, Jacob pulls me off the chair. "Actually, we have an idea for our next shot is."

"We do?" I give him a quick confuse look.

He looks back at me, smiling so friendly. "Yeah, in the library. Come one we need to take this picture in broad daylight." He then pulls me away from my canvas and from Amon. What the hell is happening?

"But, the painting—"

"Maggie, that painting can wait." I never heard Jacob's reassuring voice before, so that caught me off-guard.

"Oh, can I come?" Amon stands up from the chair. "I want to see how you guys take pictures."

"Sure, you can come if you wan—"

"Nah, we don't want to risk of you copying our picture idea." Again, with the interruption.

"Oh, okay then." Amon looks sad, and I feel terrible about it. "I'll see you later, I guess." He waves a goodbye as us.

"Yeah, I'll see later." I wave back at him, still being pulled around by this asshole. I suddenly feel bad for the Amon, but this asshole doesn't feel anything at all. Annoyed by his sudden change of attitude, I kick him in his legs just for him to let go of me.

"Ah fuck, what was that now?" He massages the pain away, giving me an irritant look.

"I can walk by myself you know?" I cross my arms. "You don't have me drag me around."

"Oh, I'm sorry I thought you're an old lady who needs help." He teases, and the normal Jacob is back. What a weird day.

"Shut up, I don't look that old." Rolling my eyes in annoyance as I storm away from him.

"Oh yeah, your glasses make you look old." He yells, but his voice fades as I get farther away from him.

I turn back to glance at him over my shoulder. "Fuck you!" This will be a normal day to me now, huh? I really hope this semester will end quickly.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235 34 15
From one party to another was what Chers life constituted of since puberty. She wasn't stupid she did very well in school and she enjoyed it most of...
241 1 16
"Love is like a rocket that crash lands onto your planet of hearts, causing a disruption so unanticipated & catastrophic but yet so enticing" Aww, Hi...
12.8K 357 42
Two girls, two sports, two different worlds, all eyes on them at all times. So what happens when these worlds unexpectedly come crashing together? Wi...
1K 102 8
»« LGBTQ+ Romance »« What is love? Is it that which excites and creates a feeling of addictive euphoria? Or Is it the connection of two souls far bey...