𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

By pcyp_writes

[ COMPLETED ] "I would never fall for him, ever again." After the last fight between the Demon Slayer Corps a... More

Part 1: Leaving Without Words 🥀
Part 2: My Saviour🌷
Part 3: I Promise🌼
Part 4: Familiar🍃
Part 5: Don't Leave🌊
Part 6: New Hashiras✨
Part 7: Nightmares🖤
Part 8: Flashback💔
Part 9: Respect
Part 10: [ 真実の恋 ]Shinjitsu no Koi💙💚
Part 11: Disguised 💀
Part 12: Faith in You 🎋
Part 13: The New Her 🦋
Part 14: [ 美しい ]Utsukushii no Koi💛💗
Part 15: Lies, for the Truth 🌼
Part 16: Your Presence ᥫ᭡
Part 17: True Bonds ✨
Part 18: Her Words🦋
Part 19: Heartbreaks💔
Part 20: The Return of Evil😈
Part 21: Your Kindness💞
Part 22: You. And Always You.
Part 23: Waves Of Hatred🔥
Part 24: Tsuyuri Kanao VS Douma II
Part 25: Aishiteru, Tanjirou❤
Part 26: Troublesome Partners
Part 27: [ 未来 ] Aishito no Mirai🍃
Part 28: [ 永遠の愛 ]Eien no Ai☀️🌸
Part 29: Hidden Courage🌠
Part 30: Another Threat💥
Part 31: Unwilling Betrayal🌩
Part 32: No Love For 💔
Part 33: Siblings Rampages💢
Part 34: Demons with Sad Scents🍃
Part 35: Beauty and the Beast I💙
Part 36: Beauty and the Beast II💚
Part 37: Beauty and the Beast III💙💚
Part 38: One Lie🖤
Part 39: Realm of Forthright and Deceit
Part 40: Give Yourself.. a Chance🕊
Part 42: Cold❄
Part 43: Devoted📌
Part 44: Blue Flame🌊
Part 45: Reason to Stay🍂
Part 46: My Last Farewell🖤
Part 46.5: Two Tsuguko(s)
Part 47: Forever
Part 48: Regrets
Part 49: Scentless Flower
Epilogue - Between Us
Author-chan Rambles <3
!Sequel's Published!

Part 41: Shattered💧

988 26 26
By pcyp_writes

| Special Credits given to: oyasuminasai___ [Wattpad]
aii.eyh_ [Instagram] |

/ She's my personal graphic designer— in the future, I'll make it certain! <3 Thank you for making me fangirling for Aishito and crushing on Minato more deeply than usual hshshs /

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

A shiver ran through his veins, the chill of sorrow began to beg for mercy. Slow breathing, his lungs might catch up a few weird patterns of heaving in and out but frankly, he felt like he was dying.

"It hurts..." he groans as he crawls forward, tracing lines aimlessly without looking.

He loses the energy to lift his head up, even his eyes refuse to snap open. The world around him spun, shooting arrows of unbearable pain to the back of his body.

He was about to pass out.

"Minato.."

A soft gasp curles out of his mouth, Minato could feel his heart skips a beat. Pounding, thumping, harshly snaps apart.

"Minato, please.."

"Okāsan," Minato quivers his lips, trembling in a distant cold that suddenly appears.

He struggles to lift his head up, almost plopping back down in defeat. He clamped the ground with his nails, pumping. When his hazel eyes snapped open, the only colour he sees now is black.

But then, when Minato blinks twice, thrice, the sight upon him rotates immidiately.

Two figures of someone he truly loves, crouching infront of him. A warm hand rests on his wavery hair, it was his mother. Hamada Amiko.

"Forgive us.." Amiko sadly smiles, her soft expression looks vividly pure than usual. Minato stared at her, wide eyes.

"Kā-!" Minato weakly swings his right hand to reach for Amiko's hand, but felt nothing except cold wind. "-chan.." he gazes at his own hand in disbelief.

Amiko's brown eyes didn't shimmer like it used to be, which Minato couldn't take it for granted.

"Wwh- why.." Minato shots his hand up again, trying to hold Amiko's shoulder. Nothing felt right. He ended up just gripping a puff of thin air.

He curses under his shaky breath, throwing punches on the grassless ground much to his own dismay. "Why can't I touch you? Why?"

"Get a grip of yourself, young man."

Another warm hand settles on his broad shoulder, Minato tenses up at the sudden contact. He whips his head to the right, jaw drops slightly once his eyes met with the same mixtured colour of hazel eyes as him. Belongs to his beloved father, Hamada Juriko.

"Tt- Tou-chan," Minato breaths out. He can't move, he was afraid.

Juriko displays a calm grin at him, eyes shut. "Hm.. I knew it all along that you're actually a scaredy-cat person. Guess you need a lot of effort to get rid of your fear, Minato."

"Tou-chan.. what happened? Why can't I- where am I- why.. why," Minato shrieks out, blabbering some words that he himself couldn't figure out the real meaning.

And so, his mother and father exchanged a concerned look to each other. Then, they leaned forward, enveloping Minato into a tender hug.

Minato froze, his eyes welled up with tears. He was shivering, between fear and ultimate sadness.

"Sorry for leaving you a little bit too early, Minato."

"We love you."

"Take a good care of yourself, and Aishito."

"You must.. get to your big sister. Yurika needs both of you."

"Kā-chan.. Tou-chan.."

A tear escapes, the others follow until it break to form a few streams on his pale face.

Hamada Minato finally understands.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

BUTTERFLY ESTATE
06:00

*huff. huff. huff.
In that single bed, lays an injured teenage boy with a large white bandage strapped all over his forehead. The bleeding had stopped few minutes ago, causing the once cleaned bandage to be soiled with scarlet fluid.

His breaths are slow and steady, better than an hour ago.

Kiyo sat on the edge of the bed, placing two fingers on his wrist to check on his pulses. It beats in normal pace, no sign of pressure or worser.

She glances at the boy's pale face, huffing out a breath of relief.

*krekk.
The wooden door behind her slowly swings open, revealing a tall blonde man with a pink-eyed woman beside him. Kiyo stares up at them, humming first before bowing awkwardly.

"Zenitsu-sama, Nezuko-sama," Kiyo greets them.

"Kiyo-chan," Kamado Nezuko cringed at the formal call Kiyo gave to her, but paid no mind to it once her pink eyes laid upon the unconcious boy on the bed.

"How's the boy?" Nezuko walks ahead, Zenitsu tails behind her soon after.

Kiyo stands up, allowing Nezuko to take a position close to the boy. Zenitsu paced across the bed, standing at the other side.

Before Kiyo could open her mouth to explain, Zenitsu cuts her off. "Judging by the sound of his heartbeats, he seemed better than before." He said in a cracked tone.

Nezuko blinks at him first, returning to look at Kiyo for further approvement.

Kiyo nods in respect, while her right hand tucks the blanket that had covered half of the boy's body. Another bleeding wound had been exposed, on his waist area.

Nezuko and Zenitsu patiently wait for Kiyo to fumble with her words.

"Yes, Zenitsu-sama is right. Hamada-kun's bleeding has stopped. Besides his forehead, he also got a deep cut on the left side of his waist, nothing serious and we managed to save him from losing too much blood." Kiyo paused to catch a breath. "Now, we just need to wait until he gets up."

"So his name is.. Hamada? Who is he, anyway? Is he a slayer.. or something?" Nezuko asks, full with doubts. But then, she remembers that this boy owns a nichirin sword. Perhaps he knows how to slay a demon, Nezuko can't guess well.

"His first name is Minato. Hamada Minato. He was a slayer before, but something bad happened and others assumed he must've resigned when he suddenly disappears. Shinazugawa-sama had trained Hamada-kun to be his first tsuguko," Kiyo properly explained. She hung his head low.

Nezuko could feel the sudden rise of her own shoulders due to the information she just heard, frozen in her seat. Her eyes bore into the boy's pale features, it look familiar. And yes, she remembers now.

"I've met him before," those words slipped through Nezuko's mouth with ease. No doubts mixed in the tone of her voice.

As if jolted awake Zenitsu and Kiyo abruptly shifted their current attentions to Nezuko, who is now had her gaze low.

"Really?" Zenitsu asks, biting his low lip when Nezuko replied with a single hum.

"On the last day of my first mission," Nezuko states, trying to remember the event more clearly in her tangled mind. "Iwaki Mountain.."

.
.
.
.
.
.

F L A S H B A C K

NEZUKO'S POV

*zhing.
I swings my blade in ultimate speed until it thrusts the throat of the demon. Its body mostly resembled a muscular part of a wild tiger. It growls out loud when I changed my sword's direction to go down, splitting its body in half. Soon, its dead body burnt into ashes, swimming in the air as the wind blows it away.

The disgusting smell finally fades, I drew out a breath of relief. That's when I heard a shaky voice muttered behind me.

"Oo.. Onii-san, what happened?"
"Stay close to me."

I took my time to finally turn around and face them. I stunned to see two pair of brown eyes staring up at me in awe, if I was late to be here.. perhaps the demon might've finished them as its breakfast.

A teenage boy that I assumed to be around 15 years old, was firmly hugging a little girl with two long ponytails. He scoots back two times before realizing that I wasn't a threat to both of them.

Somehow, I don't know how, but I saw the reflections of my big brother and myself in these two.

The silence changed to be so uncomfortable. So I decided to break it slow.

"Are you okay?" I took a step forward, unsheathing my sword in the progress. I raised both hands up, "Don't worry, I'm not a bad person."

The boy looks hesitated to believe me at first, he totally scans me up and down while spreading his hands to guard the little girl behind him. The little girl tucks him by his sleeve, tilting her head to look at me closely.

"Are you injured anywhere?" I ask while crouching down. Perhaps they were too shocked to believe the fact that a real human like them had slayed a big wild demon before their eyes.

They look so pure, to my thoughts.

A relief sigh escapes my mouth when the boy slowly shakes his head in respond.

"Thank you for saving us," he mouthed, his voice is well-toned in huge grattitude. His lips form a tiny smile.

"Glad I could make it in time," I said, grinning too. My attention soon drifted to the little girl who was just staring at me with her adorable brown eyes.

I turned my position a little to the left, flashing a soft gaze,"Hello there, what's your name?" I asked the girl, with hopes she wouldn't mind to share her name.

The girl blinks twice, raising her head to look at the boy first. Seconds after, she shoves her innocent gaze back to me.

"Hamada.. Ai- Aishito," she muttered. Glad I could catch her name in my ears.

"Hajimemashite, Aishito-chan! My name is Kamado Nezuko," I introduced myself, trying to sound more cheerful than usual.

"And what's your name?" I shot the boy a quick question, of course I want to know his name too.

His cheeks slightly puffed up, "I'm.. Hamada Minato," was his reply.

When I was about to take my leave, Aishito suddenly stands up from her kneeling position.

"Nn.. Nezuko-san!"

I'm surprised she actually had a pretty loud voice. I turned around with an amused smile.

The look of determination in her face, almost made my smile fall. She was sweating, her lips quivered as if she was struggling to let her voice out again.

"Are we-- gg.. going to meet again?" Aishito asked.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

R E A L - T I M E

NORMAL POV

"So Hamada-kun has a little sister?" Kiyo asked, her feminine face flushed with pure surprised expression. "I.. I thought-"

"I'm not sure if my hunches are right but-" Zenitsu held his chin, observing something in his head. "Kanao desperately asked us to take a good care of this- Minato and I was a bit curious about it."

"What do you mean, Zenitsu-san?" Nezuko tenses up, asking away without thinking.

Zenitsu glances at her, briefly humming for a while. "I was wondering if Kanao has any special relationship with Minato. Sorry to admit this but before we left with Minato on my back, I heard Kanao's rapid heartbeats. I was slightly worried if Kanao had a trouble with her heart or something because it was unusual of her to be that nervous."

Nezuko was a bit taken aback, she too realized the huge tension around Kanao when they have arrived at the scene. Kanao was hugging Minato's head close to her chest, she sheds a few tears while desperately shaking him awake.

"Do you know anything about it, Kiyo-chan?" Zenitsu asks after a moment silence between them.

Kiyo shrieks at the sudden outburst, she shook her head. "Nn- no. But to be honest, I can say that Kanao-san has big concerns towards Hamada-kun since the very first day he adresses himself as a new member of the corps."

"I see," Zenitsu huffs out a long breath. He adjusted his haori to be in a good shape.

"Nezuko-chan, go take a rest with Kiyo-chan. We had a long night and you haven't eaten anything until now," Zenitsu claimed.

"I'll take care of Minato."

Nezuko hesitantly nods at his command, standing up but her eyes still glued to Minato. Kiyo took Nezuko's hand and walked her to the door.

Before Kiyo could reach for the knob, the door suddenly swings open and fortunately, Nezuko manages to pull Kiyo back. Or else the door might smash their heads.

"Kya-!" Kiyo yelps in surprise, clutching to Nezuko's sleeve a little too tight.

"I'm.. so sorry for not knocking first but-!" A kakushi frantically says but he clamped his mouth shut when his eyes settled on the unconscious boy. He stops, barely had enough breath to keep talking anyway.

"Take it easy. What's wrong?" Nezuko asks while giving the frightened Kiyo a comforting pat.

Zenitsu observed the kakushi with a stern face, he often wore that kind of expression these days. Though sometimes Inosuke eventually made fun of him because of it.

Remembering Inosuke, Zenitsu quietly mumbles a pray in hopes that his boarhead friend with Tanjirou and Aoi will be back soon. Alive, that's for sure.

"I received a report from Tomioka-sama's Kasugai crow, he orders me to inform it to the Hashiras in this estate." The kakushi explains, carefully shifting his gaze from Zenitsu, to Nezuko.

"Okay, speak." Zenitsu had a hint of urgency in his voice Nezuko didn't fail to notice.

"But please.. just spill the content using your words."

He had enough thinking through every formal words for today. Give the Agatsuma a break.

The kakushi nervously nods before heaving in and out. He pulls out a scroll from his bag and unties the red string around it. He unfolds the piece of thick paper down, eyes the content in total concentration to make sure he wouldn't miss a single word.

"Fukuichi Town, 5:30 a.m. This letter was written by Tomioka Giyuu himself as soon as he arrived at the locations where the assigned demon slayers, Kamado Tanjirou, Hashibira Inosuke, Kanzaki Aoi, Ryunnizuko Murata, and Ai Ozaki fight against the uppermoon 3 and 4. The uppermoon 4 was known as Yoshiyuki Shin, and the uppermoon 3 position belongs to his younger sister, Yoshiyuki Nobuyuki. God, what a long name-" the Kakushi mutters the last line just for himself to hear but Zenitsu already cocked one brow at him.

"Sorry, I'll continue." The Kakushi was embarrassed, pretending to clear out his throat before voicing the letter out loud. In his own words.

"It is heavily implied here, the uppermoon 4 was killed by Kamado Tanjirou, the Sun Hashira 10 minutes before sunrise. A Kinoe rank demon slayer named Murata, who eventually came to fight alongside Tanjirou is badly injured and needs a proper treatment at once.

Moving on, the uppermoon 3 had managed to escape before sunrise. Tsuyuri Kanao's tsuguko, Kanzaki Aoi only received minor wounds and a deep cut on her right arm. The Beast Hashira, Hashibira Inosuke had been poisoned by the uppermoon 3 at first, but thankfully was cured by Kanzaki Aoi right on time. Most importantly, Tomioka-sama insisted everyone who's in charge here to give all of the said slayers a required medical attention once they've arrived in this estate."

The Kakushi was about to continue to the next line. He halts his next breath, unable to form words well this time. Few seconds of muting, he finally gathers the courage to speak up once again.

But the tone of his voice cracked a lot, awfully boomed in the area.

"Ai Ozaki, a Kinoe rank demon slayer, died in the battle against the uppermoon 3, Yuki. According to Hashibira Inosuke and Kanzaki Aoi, she was stabbed multiple times in the stomach by Yuki. Too much blood lost, heavy poisons, she died after giving her best for the corps."

On that moment, Zenitsu could feel a blast of invisible flame lightens up his whole body with rage and huge amount of grief. His soul screamed from the bottom of his heart, noting how much pressure he had to bear now upon hearing that unexpected news. Another one of his good comrades is gone, forever. The phrase 'she was stabbed multiple times in the stomach' stole his breath away, then 'by Yuki', that damn uppermoon 3 will had to pay someday.

He leans back on the wall, pinching the bridge of his nose and bowing his head low. A solemn tear slips down his cheek, his body looks calm compared to how tangled his emotions right now.

Kiyo gasps once the Kakushi finished reading the letter, she clenches her nurse uniform carelessly. Failing to put herself together, she let herself fall to her own knees.

"Oo.. Ozaki-chan.." she deserves better than this. Kiyo couldn't express her words any longer, once she voiced it out tears starting to flow. She sobbed with hands pressing hardly on her face.

Nezuko's dainty features apparently soaked with grim and pure sadness soon after. She clutches the sides of her pink haori, "Tell me that's not true.."

Zenitsu in the corner lifts his head up, eyeing Nezuko with wet eyes. That's when he heard a quiet mourning sound came from her. She was on the verge of bursting her tears out.

The Kakushi purses his lips, rooting in the spot because any words refused to slide out of his mouth. He was trembling and secretly praying for his dear life when Nezuko suddenly walks to his direction.

"Tell me-!" The tone of Nezuko's voice rise up unsually. She paces forward to grab the Kakushi by his arm but she jolted back when a strong hand wrapped her limp shoulders from behind.

"Calm down, Nezuko-chan." Zenitsu softly whispered to her ear, pulling her close so that he could place his head on her shoulder. "Ozaki-chan wouldn't want to see you in this state. She was a very good friend, a faithful comrade too. Losing her is one of the saddest part in my life I can't lie. We will cherish our memories with her, as long as we live."

Nezuko brought her hands up, touching Zenitsu's hand as tears starting to fog her clear sight. "She.. she was so kind, and- a demon killed her like that. I don't know how to accept this so easily, in fact I can't- imagine it."

"Neither do I," Zenitsu squeezed Nezuko in a tender hug, completely ignoring the Kakushi who was dumbfounded by his sudden brave action. So the Thunder Hashira had no problems to expose his true relationship with the Water Hashira.

"But we can't keep on mourning to her death. Like I said, she wouldn't want to see any of us like this. Let's just.. move forward, even though it's going to be hard as hell we would always carry our top ambition to end this war as soon as possible." Zenitsu said, finally calming himself down.

It was more painful to see Nezuko in this state, Zenitsu should've offered a shoulder for her to cry much earlier than now. He doesn't have the will power to stop those tears from streaming, though he wipes it in repeat steps it won't slow down. So he did his best option, stay embracing her like this and let the torrent of her tears to soak through his sleeve.

Nezuko clenched Zenitsu's hand with her both palms, not knowing whether to be mad or to burst out all the hint of sadness she had been intended to keep inside. She spun around and burried her head in his broad chest. Later, he could hear her silently screaming, suffocating with each breath she took.

Kiyo looks up at them, without saying a word, she walks out of the room. She too needed a space for herself to cooperate with her own grief. The Kakushi bows for the last time before he could leave and Zenitsu gives him a nod of approvement.

Zenitsu ran his fingers through her silky hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the throbbing sensation in her heart and mind.

So much for today's event.

He was exhausted. Truly.

*knock!

Ugh, what now? Zenitsu fights the urge to curse but as soon as he set his eyes up to meet the other pair, he stuns.

Nezuko regains the ability to calm down on the right time. She sobs once more and turns around, absentmindedly gapes her mouth at the new sight infront of her.

An unexpected guest.

"Sanemi-san?!" They all said in unison.

"I'm not coming back here to watch you two snuggling to each other," Sanemi clicks his teeth in annoyance. "Get a room.. and a bath, Agatsuma. You look and smell awful."

"Rr- right. Let's go take a bath, Nezuko-chan." Zenitsu was too ashamed, he mindlessly said that.

"Eeik!?" Nezuko whimpered. She pushes Zenitsu away and rushes to Sanemi. Her face flushed red.

"You have a death wish, Agatsuma? If Tanjirou wasn't here to warn you, I'll do it on behalf of him." Sanemi spares him a deadly glare. Which made Zenitsu wishes there's a hole for him to hide now.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

SOMEWHERE ELSE

Though the sun is already spreads its shining rays to light up the land and sea, there's one place which apparently was out of its reach. A forbidden forest with cursed tall trees that had enormous shape of leaves that almost look like giant umbrellas, holding the sun's rays and reflecting it back. The place only brings up the feeling of horrors and nice goosebumps as it only been lightened up by tiny spots of light from above.

Yuki shrugs away the bad thoughts of her having a nightmare at this hour. She could feel her usual limp shoulders suddenly rose up with no reasons. As much as she tries to soothe herself down, it had gotten more difficult from time to time.

Especially when she got a bad yet disgusting company by her side.

"Mmaaaah~"

Kibutsuji Mizumi stretched her hands up, carelessly tripping on white stones infront of her while she was walking ahead. She had been yawning for the nth time and Yuki was sick to hear it all over again.

It sounded fake afterall.

"Why so glum, Yuki-chan~? Aren't you happy that you've finally succeeded to kill Shin's one and only lover? You said it to me before, you want a revenge for what he had done in your past." Mizumi bumps Yuki's side with her shoulder, a devilish smile on her face.

"Drop the topic, Mizumi. I'm not interested for any conversation right now," Yuki hissed in return, her scowl deepened the next second.

Mizumi jerks to the right side while letting out the most dramatic gasp she could provide. "That scowl of yours is actually scarier than Shin's. Now where is your suspicious grin went off to?"

"For goodness' sake, I fucking hate you." Yuki said with her attention mostly glued to the deserted path infront of her.

"Aw.. but we're buddies now, remember?" Mizumi pouts after seeing Yuki tries to leave her behind. She chuckles before her figure disappears and takes a new place beside Yuki.

"I don't know if I should be sorry for not being able to kill that.. Tsumuri Fanao like you asked me to," Yuki admitted, though she tuned her voice like she paid no mind to the issue.

"Oi, her actual name is Tsuyuri Kanao. But I think you pronounced it in a creative way, Yuki. Great thinking~!" Mizumi clasped her shoulder, but Yuki shooed her hand away.

"I'll take that as an insult," Yuki threw daggers at Mizumi's aqua orbs, damn those beautiful eyes Yuki was envy of her.

Mizumi huffs out a heavy sigh, yet she tries to sound like nothing would go wrong. "I don't know if Mizuki would want to talk to me again after this. I failed to keep my swear again, that's a shame, isn't it?"

"Almost," Yuki replied, she had no intentions to say anything that could burden Mizumi even more.

Mizumi had suffered like her too. Just, Mizumi refused to tell the whole story of her past with Mizuki. And how did she end up being the second daughter of the great Kibutsuji Muzan.

Above all, Yuki has a respect to Mizumi. Even though she could easily get annoyed with her sometimes.

The picture of Ozaki smiling softly at her before she died, flashed through her mind. Yuki quickly snapped her eyes shut, cursing right away.

"Well it doesn't matter," Mizumi's melancholic voice boomed near her ears, Yuki tilts her head.

"Believe it or not, another brutal fight between the demon allies and the Demon Slayer Corps will happened again. Just wait, it won't be long not going to lie. I swear when the right time comes, I'll cut that Flower Hashira's body with my bare hands."

Yuki shifted her head to face the determined Mizumi in slight awe. She clears her throat, giggling to cheer the hot atmosphere around them.

"Keep your chin up. I'm sure you'll get your hands on her head in no time," Yuki said as a sign of wanting to comfort her.

"Yeah, sure." Mizumi replied with soft chuckles escape her red lips. "Thanks, Yuki."

"Don't need your lame thanks," Yuki moves her head to the other direction, blowing her thick bangs up slightly.

"So harsh as always. That's why I like you, Yuki~" Mizumi tries to embrace Yuki but Yuki took a step back, frowning at her.

"Fuck off," Yuki warns, no joking.

"Psh.. you're no fun, you know? Fine~ I'll walk ahead first, you can calm yourself down by staring at my lovely ass from behind, alright?" Mizumi winks at Yuki.

"Go now before I smack your ass with a rock, Mizumi. No kidding." Yuki cringed at Mizumi's sudden spoilt act, it creeps her out.

"Okay, okay~" Mizumi chirped as she paced forward, singing some weird songs.

Gosh, she had a terrible voice.

Yuki yanked her hair back, snorting in advance.

Out of nowhere, Yuki could feel a soft touch settled on her limp shoulder. She froze on her spot, not moving even an inch. If she could remember the last time she ever grimaced like this, then it would be 3 years ago. She lowered her head down, staring at the hand on her shoulder that appears to be foggy and not so real.

Mentally, Yuki knew the owner of that warm hand. Though she refuses to believe herself in that case.

"I'm sorry, Yuki."

A husky voice soared to her ears, burning her body with unknown rage and sorrow. Yuki clenches her eyes closed, holding the urge to scream desperately.

As much as she wanted to admit how much she hated her own big brother, why must it so hard for her to be happy when he was now had gone forever? She wouldn't need to talk to him aimlessly anymore, she wouldn't need to curse at him any ruder, she wouldn't need to move her face away whenever she noticed Shin was staring too deeply at her, she wouldn't need to repeat the same phrases all over.

Everyday.

I fucking hate you.

I wish I never had a big brother.

It ended just like that.

"So you're gone for good? That's great news," Yuki cracked a smile that wavers through her sorrowful mindset.

The warm touch lingered on her golden hair, finally stopping at the top of her head. Yuki remained unmoved.

Shin brushes the stray locks of his little sister's hair, in such a gentle manner Yuki felt her heart ache.

"Sorry for not being a good big brother to you," Shin said calmly. Yuki had never thought of him being this calm than ever.

"Go away," Yuki says behind her gritted teeth.

Shin playfully flicks the top of her head, Yuki flinches at his sudden brave action. She would usually snap but this time, her words dried in her own sharp tongue.

"I have so much more to talk with you," Shin admits as he shifts his position to be infront of Yuki.

Yuki trembled even wilder.

"It's been a while since then, I never had a chance to tell how beautiful my little sister is."

"I fucking lost my eyes and now you're talking shit so just shut up," Yuki tried her best to sound even more heartless, but she couldn't.

"It's not your features that make you look beautiful,"

*thump.
Yuki gasped as Shin pressed a palm flatly on her faint beating heart.

"It's your heart, Yuki."

"Go.. away.." Yuki silently pleads, not warn.

This time, Shin gives Yuki's pale cheeks friendly pats with his palms. He used to do that in the past, everytime Yuki caused a problem and refused to admit it was her fault.

"Why should you even be here? You're dead now, coward." Yuki said. She could feel her useless eyes suddenly form warm liquids. She panicked.

"Yuki, listen here.."

"Hell no, you piece of shit." Yuki was too focused to get rid of those damn liquids in her eyes, but to no avail.

"Whatever happens, you'll always be my little sister. And I-"

"Shut the fuck up!" One tear escapes.

"... will always-"

"I fucking hate-" the second tear flows down.

"... love you-"

"Damn it-!" Her both eyes ached.

"... with all my heart could take."

"I wish-"

"I felt so grateful-"

"I never had-"

"... because of you-"

"A big-"

"... being my precious little sister."

And with that, Shin's figure fades away. Yuki stood there rooting in her position. Tears began to stop dripping, her face felt numb for merely seconds.

She grits her teeth once more. The hatred towards her own big brother, is actually no longer there.

Why can't I fucking hate you anymore..

Onii-san?

Her heart shattered at the thought.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

YUSHIRO'S HIDEOUT
07:00

The mesmerising sun casted a rosy hue across the sky. The morning came with a new promise of tomorrow, perhaps someone will take it as a bless for them to appreciate. And others would think if today might be the day they wanted their dreams to be fully granted.

Tsuyuri Kanao has both thoughts in her head. She traces a few circles absentmindedly on the soft surface of the green tea cup. Yushiro had warned her last night for maybe 3 times to take breakfast on the dining table, but she refused without even thinking twice. Instead, she uses Yushiro's stunning porch to be the place where she enjoys her breakfast. Of course with her smol companion, Kaburamaru.

"Want some, old snake?" Kanao offers while holding a dumpling in between her chopsticks. She waves it back and forth, a sly smirk plantened on her face.

*hiss.
Kaburamaru slithers up on Kanao's shoulder, quickly giving the tasty dumpling a small bite and Kanao jerks to the side. Surprised.

Kanao blinked few times, chuckling softly once Kaburamaru shots her a threatened glare. "Phew, fast enough. Didn't make it to make you fight for another bite of dumpling, huh?"

*hiss..
Kaburamaru makes a sound like deep sigh, it tickles Kanao's heart even more. Funny enough, Kanao would rather spend more time with Kaburamaru if her other friends are away for missions or something. Aoi usually said Kaburamaru was somehow a big trouble for her but from Kanao's opinion, perhaps Kaburamaru just sees Aoi as his another young master(which he could bully sometimes).

Kanao shrugs at the thought. She chews on her last dumpling, slowly while gazing at the captivating view infront of her. Though Yushiro's hideout was greatly hidden from the eyes of any humans and certain demons, Kanao felt grateful that she could still enjoy the nature; greenish ground, blue sky with patches of fluffy clouds, warm breezes that actually taste cold under her skin.

Swallowed. Kanao hums in melodic tone whilst bringing the cup she was holding close to her lips. The aromatic scent of the green tea fluttered her heart in the best way.

As she was about to take a calm sip of it, something hits the back of his head. Hard enough until Kanao jolts to the front and the cup slips down from her hand, fortunately Kaburamaru swings his tail in accurate speed to the falling cup so that the green liquid doesn't spill on Kanao's uniform. The cup flew away from them, rolling on the ground empty.

Kanao couldn't process a word for 3 seconds, she even froze in her place due to her own shock. At last, a deep sigh escaped her mouth.

"Nice receive, Kaburamaru." She gives the snake a friendly pat.

"Ow," groaning, Kanao could feel a twitch of pain at the back of her head. The exact place where that thing, anything hit her. She rubs it repeatedly, wincing everytime she pressed it with slight force.

"That kinda hurt," and why didn't she even notice it coming? Kanao arched a brow in confusion.

"That's what you get for disobeying me," a deep voice boomed from behind, clearly toned with anger.

Kanao expands her eyes, muttering uh-oh playfully. Her pink lips rose to form a cynical smile, she brushes some visible dust away from her skirt before standing up.

Yushiro stares at the Flower Hashira with eyes of burning flames. His brows furrowed in frustation and Kanao is just so lucky she was outside right now. "What did I tell you before? Last night, I've told you for 3 times already. Don't-"

"Eat at anywhere else besides on the dining table, yeah, yeah, you've said it so many times." Kanao mimicked Yushiro's cold voice as her hands doing some frantic signs that Yushiro himself couldn't register in his mind.

"And why didn't you listen?" Yushiro mouthed behind his gritted teeth.

"Because I'm bored?" Kanao adjusts her stance and tilts her head back, finally locking eyes with Yushiro who was clenching and unclenching his fists after she answered like that.

"Not a good reason," Yushiro exclaimed. His forehead painted with blue veins.

"Oh! Because Kaburamaru is bored?" Kanao clasped her hands, acting like a child who has solved a hard puzzle.

"God- damn it," Yushiro pinches the bridge of his nose, heaving in and out with difficulty.

"Okay, perhaps your house is just too creepy inside and such a beauty outside so that's why I chose to eat here. Got a problem with that?" Kanao flashed him a shit-eating grin.

"Of course, you idiot. The problem is you're eventually going to make a mess here and I don't want your stinky ass to sit on my porch that easily," Yushiro continued to bore his lavender eyes into Kanao's grinning face that looks disgusting. It annoys him so much he wanted to bang his head on a wall multiple times.

"But I've taken a bath this morning, Yushiro-kun. Ask Kaburamaru if you don't believe me," Kanao said innocently while pointing to Kaburamaru on her shoulders.

Kaburamaru slowly shook his head, denying. Which only angered Yushiro even more.

"You could've just told me you wanted to eat here. Ask for MY permission next time, you understand?" Yushiro finally wanted to end the quarrel, this time, Kanao is forgiven.

"I was about to do that but I don't want to bother your time alone with Aishito-chan.." Kanao fidgets with her hands, holding back a stiff of laughter behind her mouth.

"The hell-?" Yushiro gaped his lips.

"You stayed up all night just to take care of her, didn't you?" Kanao folded her arms, head facing the sky.

"I didn't-"

"Don't lie~" Kanao waves a finger at him, as if she was his mother in disguise.

"You stalked me?" Yushiro asked in hopes to get rid of the topic.

"Hold it! No questions before giving me a suitable answer, Yushiro-kun." Kanao side-glanced at him, not going to let him win so easily.

"She was badly injured. I can't just sleep soundly on my bed while she was fighting with the pain all by herself," Yushiro averted his eyes from Kanao, cursing at once.

"See, Kaburamaru!?" Kanao's loud voice startled the snake and the demon literally. The demon blinked in confusion, while the snake abruptly nodded in rapid actions.

"Told ya Yushiro-kun is such a softie when Aishito-chan is around~"

Yushiro grabs a broom beside him and throws it to Kanao's direction, Kanao dodges it with ease while continue laughing like a maniac. She was going to roll on the ground if it wasn't Kaburamaru who nuzzles her to stop.

"Say a word about it to Aishito and you'll be sorry," Yushiro warns her in deadly tone. Dark aura began to surround him.

"Fine~ Your secret is safe with me," Kanao made a friendly gesture of her zipping her own mouth to Yushiro.

"Tch."

A moment silence between them. Then a certain someone clicks Kanao's mind.

"Yushiro-kun, about Naomi-san.. is she doing alright now?" Kanao politely asked, hoping for good news about that innocent girl who had being the unlucky victim of Douma.

"About her, there are good news and bad news." Yushiro leans back against the wall, eyes shut like he was bearing a new burden.

"Let me know the good news first," Kanao requested.

Yushiro opens his eyes back, giving Kanao an unamused look. "I've found an antidote for her, but it only cures her paralyzed body. She can walk, sit, run, and any shits like a normal human do right now. But we can't pressure her, she was still learning to adapt with her surroundings. Yesterday, I had to feed her because her hands are still trembling so bad don't have much choice. However, just now I saw her eating her own breakfast calmly. So there's no need to worry much."

"That's a relief, then." Kanao beams, but her face falls when the word bad news echoed in her mind. "And.. the bad news?"

"The bad news is.. Naomi is now- a half demon." Yushiro said, his voice cracked slightly.

Kanao could feel her breath hitched upon hearing the news from Yushiro. She took some time to calm, then properly spoke. "Ll- like.. Nezuko-chan?"

"Can't say that so bluntly. Nezuko's situation in the past is not exactly the same as Naomi right now. And Naomi can't utter even a word, either she lost her voice or maybe she refused to talk to anyone." Yushiro explained.

"I see.." Kanao heaves out a sigh. Kaburamaru just stares at her with concern.

"Don't worry. She doesn't need to consume human's blood to stay alive. Perhaps she has the similarity with Nezuko in certain parts, like she would sleep for 2-3 days to regain her energy. I'll try my best to make another antidote for her to return to be a normal human again." Yushiro who saw the sudden change of Kanao's calm face, decides to ease her down with the information.

That brought her sunny smile back on her face, Yushiro silently regretted it.

"Thank you for your concern, Yushiro-kun! I'm no worried, because I know you can do it~" Kanao smiles with her eyes snapped shut.

"Stop talking with that voice, and that face." Yushiro scoffed, annoyed at the same time.

"I think I better get going now, Yushiro-kun. Sanemi-san has arrived to the estate an hour ago, I think?" Kanao bent down a little, picking up a small bag that she used to fill it with food and water. She grips the straps tightly in her grasp.

"Can I trust you to take a good care of Aishito-chan? I'll be back tomorrow to take her," Kanao looks at him in the eye, searching for any hint of discomfort but none. She faught back a smile.

"I'll take a great care of her," Yushiro muttered with confidence, not stuttering even a word.

"I know I can count on you, Yushiro-kun." Kanao nods at him, turning around to take her leave. Kaburamaru slids into her haori, intending to get back to his slumber.

Two steps ahead, and stopped. Kanao smirked at herself.

"And don't worry too, Yushiro-kun. Someday Aishito-chan will realized that you actually have a tiny crush on her~"

A purple vase flew swiftly in the air, Kanao caught it without looking back.

"I'M TAKING THIS WITH ME IT'S BEAUTIFUL THANK YOU~!"

"You dummy brat!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When Kanao was finally out of his sight, Yushiro huffs out a breath of relief. True relievement. He felt his numb body refreshed.

While cursing under his breath, he made his way back to Aishito's room.

"Weird woman. How can Tanjirou fall in love with her anyway? Tch, who am I kidding? Both of them are idiots so what a perfect couple they could be," Yushiro mumbles all alone until his steps came to a sudden halt.

He heard an intense shuffling sound behind the red door, Aishito is in there.

Without thinking, he pushes the door with extra force. It swings open to reveal a short figure standing with her back facing him.

It was Hamada Aishito. She's awake.

"Oi, what are you-" Yushiro stunned once he spotted a bright object in Aishito's trembling hands.

A knife.

Aishito doesn't bother to look at him as she raises the knife a little higher, almost reaching her neck.

"AISHITO, STOP!"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

A | N :

Kkyaa- I think I got a new ship. Psh, kidding. So uh, I actually have to update yesterday, but I got something to do so yeah. Late update, I'm so so so so so sorry!

Aishito is going to kill herself. Wha-

*winks🕊*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 55 8
/ 2nd Season, Sequel to the Book 'After The Fight' / This final war is going to be the key of resolving the conflicts happening between them. Kanao w...
354K 13K 30
"So tell me, Aoi - tell me, why do you, a person who doesn't even want to lift a sword, can make a strong man like me feel sick and weak without you...
741K 18K 24
♧ (Y/N) is a nice gentle demon, but can be quite sensitive at times. (Y/N) became a demon by almost being killed from Muzan Kibitsuji when he was kil...