Epilogue - Between Us

| Source: Twitter
©サユ |

/ Final chapter for the first series! Note that there will be some scenes that I cut short for valid reasons. All questions will be answered, in the upcoming series. /

· I love you all for being the reason of me continuing the story until the end of the first series. I know it's upsetting that I leave a lot of questions unanswered by these nasty plots- I can assure you it will all be settled in the sequel of this story! <3 ·

/ I haven't decide a specific date to publish the sequel. I'll see through my schedule and will do a good comeback with more of 'happy' chapters in the sequel ✓ /

· Happy reading!
I'll be posting an appreciation post after this epilogue. Maybe I'll do a face-reveal? Who knows, lmao ·

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

______________________________

DEMON SLAYER HQ
18:00

Studying the inked kanjis displayed in the white scroll, Ubuyashiki Kiriya held it higher and closer to where his eyes could reach. His shoulders went stiff at every word and explanation registered to his mind. Time seeming to slow down, beating into audible seconds as Kiriya felt himself bathing in cold sweats.

He received an emergency message brought by Chuntaro, the Thunder Hashira's trusted sparrow, and he began to go through the informations given since that noon.

"The demons lurking around Asakusa city has been wiped out..." Muttered Kiriya after a long pause.

"And that happened without any aid from the corps." He highlighted, trying to connect the dots.

For as long as the new leader could recall, he had yet to send away any of his swordsmen for a mission in Asakusa. It could possibly be a mistake on his part, but in the past 2 months, he simply prioritizes a few named locations reported of having higher amount of people killed by the demons. He was about to plan for a group mission in Asakusa when Zenitsu's message abruptly came to him.

Kiriya breathed a long, wondering sigh. His gaze fell to his own arms as he set the scroll down on the small table before him. Firmly, he dragged his gaze back to where the cute, little sparrow was waiting as it tilted its head slightly at him, expecting something to come out of his mouth.

"Chuntaro-kun," calling the sparrow with a light smile, Kiriya held his forearm up for Chuntaro to rest on. He stroked its soft feather with his fingers.

The shoji door at his right was almost soundlessly slid open. Through the lights produced by the fast-melting candles, he could trace two shadows approaching him and faint, shuffled footsteps sounded to his ears.

"Kiriya-sama, we've brought it." Was said in unison.

Without even properly setting his eyes on the true owner of that voices, Kiriya knew it belong to his sisters; Nichika and Hinaki.

Nichika extended her arms to hand him something that caught Chuntaro's attention. It shifted its wings with genuine excitement as Kiriya beamed down at him.

"Thank you," thanked Kiriya as he took the neatly wrapped ukogi rice from Nichika, bringing it closer to Chuntaro.

"Please, have this treat, Chuntaro-kun." He watched in ease when Chuntaro began to peck the food with tiny chirping noises.