Part 46: My Last Farewell🖤

| Source: ヤナヘエ💦 on Pixiv |

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

🖤 🖤 🖤 🖤 🖤 🖤 🖤 🖤

BUTTERFLY ESTATE
23:00

NEZUKO'S POV

As expected, Onii-chan couldn't accept it. Today's a bad day for me, because I couldn't find the courage to visit Onii-chan again after our uneventful talk this morning. When I started to explain the event that happened that night, and Kanao-san is currently disappeared, he first responded with a dry laugh.

"Nezuko, don't scare me like that. I know Kanao is hiding behind that door, right? She wants to visit me with you, right?"

I never wish to witness that look on Onii-chan's face again, the look of realizing that you just happened to lose someone you love while you're in a state of unable to do anything. Even the slightest chance for me to lie is not there, what kind of lie will fit to cover the wounds in Onii-chan's heart once he finds out the truth by himself?

Would it make any difference if it wasn't me who told him the whole thing? The ending won't change, it would always take the line of;

"Tsuyuri Kanao is gone. She left before anybody could stop her."

Onii-chan asked me to leave him alone for him to think and digest everything in his mind, with that painful fake smile plastered on his face. In addition with his eyes were trembling shut to block the water from streaming. He was shaking, he was nervous, he was scared to know the reality, I know.

Onii-chan has gone through hell so many times and he would never give up. He takes his time to accept, to carve the fact in his mind although it skins him alive. He pours all his hidden feelings behind that smile. Once the shoji door slid close blocking the room from being watched by the entire world, the sound of a person wheezing and sobbing hard were heard; as a proof of how much he had struggled to love, to secure the sacred emotions in his heart for that one and only woman.

"Kanao, why... why did you leave me."
"Why... why... WHYYYY!?"

I ran to my room and cried my heart out, doing the same act as Onii-chan until my eyes felt numb against my face.

And now, it's almost midnight, I decided to check on Onii-chan again in case if he's still crying- which I truly hope he does not.

"Nezuko-chan."

The shake on my shoulder broke me from my deep trance and I turned my head to see the person in yellow haori walking slowly by my side.

"Yes, Zenitsu-san?" I answered with a small smile.

He paused to take my hand in his, while his other one touched the side of my face. Through his mesmerising golden eyes, I can tell he was actually worried about how I handle things from now on. Especially this tight emotion in my chest, it caused me to suffocate most of the time.