Part 38: One Lie🖤

(Credits: einlee on DeviantArt)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Flashback

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

"Hm.. hm.. hm.."

In morning there is additional joy in the part of me that peeks through the windows of my eyes. I stared down to watch my feet pressing on the dirt path, without my shoes on, soon I realized I was stepping on the grassy land, full with tiny white flowers and mesmerising around me.

In the morning there is more love awaiting a chance to jump into the air in that silent crackle we sense with our soul. That's what my big brother said, though sometimes I didn't get the actual point in his somewhat random speeches, it didn't mean I take his words as a dumb joke.

In the morning there is more deep sweetness that resonates within, I can't stop my lips from raising upwards, flashing a cherish smile to everyone.

"Konnichiwa!"

I turned my head and waved a hand to a certain young girl that appears to be one of my friendly neighbour.

"Yuki-chan, going somewhere?"

I smiled at the question, my green eyes caught the sparks of gratefulness. "Desu ne(that's right)! Someone's waiting for me. I'll see you around, Masako-san!"

"Ne(yeah)! Be careful."

I dashed forward, opening my arms at my both sides to feel the warm breeze more heavenly. Should I mention this? I felt free.

As I can't stop my mouth to open and sing a lovely song. That is.. my best friend's favourite song.

"When tomorrow comes,
I

'll be on my own,
Feeling frightened of,
The things that I don't know,
When tomorrow comes,
Tomorrow comes,
Tomorrow comes~"

As I want to continue, I heard a friendly chuckle behind me. Before I could turn around, a hand already pinched my right cheek.

"Ow!" I groaned, that pinch surely hard.

Out of nowhere, my best friend appeared to run by my side. I didn't stop the pacings, neither did she.

"That's what you get for singing the song without me!" her teasing voice yelped near my ear, I squint my eyes in disbelief.

"Ai-chan! Stop yelling or I tell onii-san that you bullied me," I threatened her in a soft yet demanding warning.

"Nah~ I don't buy it. Shin-kun won't do anything to me," Ai-chan shrugged nonchalantly. Shesh, I should find another way to reply to her teasing later.

I almost out of breath, so I tugged her kimono to make her slow down a little.

"Take.. five," I said between breaths.