Part 13: The New Her 🦋

| Source: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=ichi_%28iti562%29&z=1 |

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
___________________________

KOCHOU SHINOBU'S LAB
13:05

"Okay, all set." Claimed Shinobu with a huff, taking a small spoon before turning to Kanao.

"Now open your mouth, Kanao."

Kanao, while fidgeting with her fingers, hesitantly opened her mouth. Shinobu held a calm face when she was examining Kanao's bodily condition so far, she noted how anxious her younger sister could be at the moment.

"Hm, I'm done." Shinobu hummed in pleasant, Kanao clamped her mouth shut in that instant.

The purple eyed woman grabbed a book that was placed on the table, jotting down some necessary notes which involved Kanao's medical treatment. Kanao's sudden awake was truly a blessing, but, at the same time, she can't help but think.

I haven't finish on that last antidote yet, does that mean the 7th one worked well on her body? Shinobu quietly pondered as her expression turned more serious than usual. The sound of uncomfortable creak made by the chair Kanao was sitting, pulled Shinobu back to reality.

"Nn-neechan, is something wrong?" Kanao muttered, staring up with her puppy-like eyes.

Shinobu slowly sighed and put her notebook down, that serious face has ceased into a sweet, gentle one. "Nope, you're as good as new!"

"... You scared me though," Kanao clutched at the cloak wrapped around her shoulders, mumbling some words to express her anxiousness.

"Sorry, Kanao. Seriously, you're all better. I didn't find anything that can be classified as an effect caused by the poison. Your blood pressure is normal too," Shinobu took Kanao's right hand, tracing a line at the frail-looking wrist.

"Still, just to be sure, you're not allowed to go to any mission for now. Take some rest so that you can heal yourself properly."

"I... I understand," Kanao nodded with a small smile. But then, a certain thought had crossed her mind.

"Do you... have any idea what kind of poison Mizumi planted in me?" Came the question that Shinobu has expected from the beginning.

"It's... a new type of poison. A rare one, I would say. Mizumi used some of her blood art to activate the poison which was placed inside your body. At first stage, it would drain you to the point of losing the ability to stay awake. To stop the poison from spreading, wisteria flowers are the best option. The last stage was a bit frightening, since the poison could develop into something close to a lethal venom which instantly kills, if the victim is not provided with any sufficient antidote so far." Shinobu explained, firm and serious. Kanao pursed her lips in a tight line.

"So... does that mean the possibility for me to not survive, is high?" Kanao looked down to her own laps.

"Quite much," Shinobu doesn't really want to point that out. "But that doesn't matter anymore, Kanao. You're here now with us. That means you've survived without having to worry if the poison could place a deadly threat to your life."

"I... believe it was all because of your hardwork. And from the prayers of everyone in the corps," Kanao beamed lightly, with Shinobu returning the smile she has longed to see.

"Uh... so, Nee-chan, how long was I out?"

"..." Shinobu's fingers twitched a little at the question, which didn't go unnotice by the lilac eyed woman. "About 3 months."