Izuku The User of The Breaths

By Shy_deku

This is the rewrite of my first story so I hope you enjoy this. Izuku was a normal kid until his fourth birt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Mini Chapter: Nezuko's fight
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.5
Chapter 18
Not a Chapter
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
I Got Tagged
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Mini Chapter: Festival
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 15

9.8K 187 43
By Shy_deku

Izuku POV

After the first crazy day of the training camp we began a hellish training schedule where we pushed our quirks to the limits. It lasted for several days and since I was always the only one with energy left after training I had to cook all the meals. Kota and Keigo also became great friends. They would run around and play together and often went to the mountain to use there quirks. I would always make sure to have my Observation Haki tracking them so if they needed me I could get there quickly. Anyway today we were being rewarded for all of our hellish training with a mini camp out thing and a test of courage. I found both to be quite dumb but since Nezuko was going I would as well.

"Hey Zuzu you ready to join up with everyone?" Nezuko asks.

"Yeah i'm ready. Now let's hope I don't throw Mineta in the fire pit. After his attempt at the bath wall he's been on my nerves lately." I say as we head out of our room. We walk over to the fire pit that was lit and sit down on one of the logs around it. I looked up and smiled at the sight of the stars shining in the sky.

"Hey Izubro you gonna roast a marshmallow?" Kirishima asks passing me a stick.

"I don't really need to roast one if I can just do this." I say. I use flame breathing and make myself breathe blue fire onto the marshmallow until it's a golden brown.

"Pretty useful." I say making a s'more.

"Is there anything you can't do?" Kaminari asks.

"Who knows." I say taking a bite of my s'more.

"Zuzu why don't you sing a song for us?" Nezuko asks.

"Do I have to?" I ask looking at her.

"Please? For me?" she asks with puppy dog eyes.

"*Sigh* Looking that cute should be illegal. Anyways, you guys mind if I sing something?" I ask.

"I gotta hear this." Mina says pulling her phone out.

"I'll take that as a yes." I say.

"Dark Eagle." I say. The shadow eagle separates from my body and flies off to the cabin. He comes back a few seconds later and drops my guitar into my hands. He then returns to my body and I quickly make sure my guitar is in tune.

(video at top)

There's a moment in your bones when, when the fire takes over
Blood is running, heart is pumping as the battle gets closer
Ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh
They could say what they want now
Ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh
'Cause we'll be screaming out
We can be heroes everywhere we go
We can have all that we ever want
Swinging like Ali, knocking out bodies
Standing on top like a champion
Keep your silver, give me that gold
You remember when I say
We can be heroes everywhere we go
Keeping us down is impossible
'Cause we're unstoppable
Oh woah, we're unstoppable
Every spotlight, every sound bite
Everybody who gave up
Is just a fool for wanting it more than anybody against us
Ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh
They could say what they want now
Ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooh
'Cause we'll be screaming out
We can be heroes everywhere we go
We can have all that we ever want
Swinging like Ali, knocking out bodies
Standing on top like a champion
Keep your silver, give me that gold
You remember when I say
We can be heroes everywhere we go
Keeping us down is impossible
'Cause we're unstoppable
Oh woah, we're unstoppable
They can say what they want now (oh)
'Cause we'll be screaming out
(Ooh ooh)
We can be heroes everywhere we go
We can have all that we ever want
Swinging like Ali, knocking out bodies
Standing on top like a champion
Keep your silver, give me that gold
You remember when I say
We can be heroes everywhere we go
Keeping us down is impossible
'Cause we're unstoppable
Oh woah, we're unstoppable
We're unstoppable

I look up from my guitar to the shocked faces of both the classes and the happy face of Nezuko.

"So? How was it?" I ask.

"That was so manly!" Kirishima says crying manly tears.

"He seriously can do everything!" Kaminari whines.

"That was very impressive Izuku." Tokoyami says.

"Thanks Yami." I say as we fist bump.

"That was so cool! I have to upload this!" Mina says. She goes to tap her phone but a s'mores stick flies by her hand and she stops.

"You can't post anything that can be tracked back here. Your gonna have to wait until the training camp ends to post that." I say.

"O-okay." Mina says lowering her phone.

"Must you always be threatening?" Nezuko asks.

"Threatening works best." I say shrugging.

"Alright everybody it's time for the test of courage! Class 1-B head into the forest and set up your scaring posts. 1-A we will partner you guys up and you'll head in in a few minutes." Mandalay says walking over. 1-B walks off to go set up there positions and Mandalay starts dividing up the groups.

"No. Grape Bitch is on his own." I say as they attempted to partner me with Mineta.

"But your the only two left." Pixiebob says.

"I can go on my own. I can tell you now that this little event won't scare me at all." I say.

"Fine you can go on your own. Mineta we'll assign you to another group." Mandalay says. They walk off and people start entering the trails in groups of two. Everyone else went and I was about to walk in as well when my nose suddenly picked up the smell of smoke. My head snaps to the direction of the smell and see the trees covered in a bright red flame.(good Endeavor = No Dabi. As much as I hate it)

As soon as I see the flames only one thought comes to mind.

"Keigo!" I shout looking around. He must be at the mountain with Kota.

"Mandalay! I know where Kota and Keigo are, i'm going to them now!" I shout to her before running off. I jump from tree to tree until I reach the mountain. As the mountain comes into view I see Keigo and Kota standing in front of a tall man in a cloak, and they were clearly scared.

"Get away from them!" I shout jumping at the cloaked man. I kick him in the ribs and he flies back into the mountain. I land in front of Kota and Keigo and summon my swords to my side.

"Dad!/Izuku!" the two kids shout.

"Don't worry guys. I'm here to protect you." I say placing my hand on Yoru.

"That was a nasty kick there brat. If I didn't make enough muscle quick enough I would have been out." the man says climbing out of the wall. His cloak was torn to shreds so now I could get a good look at him. He was tall and incredibly muscular with a missing eye.

"Then you should have just stayed down so I wouldn't have to fight you." I say drawing Yoru.

"A sword? Hahahaha my muscles are too strong to be cut by a mere sword!" he laughs.

"You won't be laughing when this sword brings you down." I say taking a stance.

"Pretty confident brat. Let's see how long that confidence will last!" he shouts jumping at me. His arms and legs get covered in muscle fibers and he becomes faster. He gets in close and throws a punch aimed for my head but I take in a breath and ready my attack.

"Breath of the Moon Seventeenth Form - Moon Palaces Edge!" I shout. I swing Yoru upward and connect with his hand as a large quantity of crescent moons blast off at the man. He flies back but manages to catch himself before slamming into the mountain.

"That hurt. But that won't be enough to stop me!" he shouts increasing the fibers around him. He charges again, faster than before, and I draw Shusui as well and hold the two in an X and block his punch. I slide back slightly due to the power behind the punch before moving forward again.

"I'll admit that you are strong, but never underestimate a swordsmen!" I shout holding my swords to my sides.

"Nitoryu: Iai - Rashomon." I say glaring up at him.

(no cutting)

He gets sent into the air and I ready another attack.

"Nitoryu - Nigiri: Toro Samon." I say.

(again no cutting)

He plummets back to the ground creating a large dust cloud and I land a bit away from him, glaring at the cloud. The cloud parts and he jumps at me again, even more muscle covering him. He swings his arm forward and I raise my blades in an X and block the swing. I slide back almost 10 feet and he jumps at me again, throwing another punch. I lean to the side, dodging the punch and drop to the ground. I land on my hands and spin around, kicking his legs out from under him. I jump up and swing my sword into his ribs, slamming him into the ground. I jump back and hold both my swords ready to attack as he slowly stands up again.

"I commend you on being able to get up after such an attack. But know that you will not get up after my next." I say drawing Hinokami. I place it in my mouth, taking the stance for Three Sword Style.

"Three swords?! Hahahaha! This is great kid! Entertain me further!" he shouts jumping at me.

"Santoryu - Senhachiju Pound Ho!" I say stepping forward.

He flies back and crashes into the mountain, imbedding himself into it. I stand up fully and take Hinokami out of my mouth and sheathe all the blades.

"Are you two alright?" I ask turning to the kids. They both run up to me and I crouch down, wrapping them in a hug. They cry into my shoulders and I just help them calm down until they stop crying. I stand up, now carrying them, and begin towards the end of the mountain.

"I'm going to bring you guys to Aizawa then I have to go and help my classmates." I say. I jump from the mountain and run through the forest until I reach the base where Aizawa is. I see him outside the base and he was fighting some dude with bright orange hair.(replacement for Dabi) Aizawa wraps the guy in his bindings but he just turns into some weird goo. Ignoring this I stop in front of him and place down the kids.

"Sorry Aizawa but I have to go save the rest of the class. Watch them for me." I don't give him the chance to respond and run into the forest, raising my senses as I go. I hear the sound of footsteps approaching and jump out of the way as Shoji runs by. I jump onto a tree branch and look around confused as to why he was running until I see a giant Dark Shadow running after him.

"Tokoyami! What's happening?!" I shout running next to the rampaging bird.

"It's Dark Shadow! He gets stronger in the darkness and he's too strong for me to control! Save yourself and run!" he shouts struggling in the darkness of Dark Shadow.

"No can do Tokoyami! But i think I have a way to help us all!" I shout running ahead of them. I stop in front of them and my body lights up in flames from Sun Breathing. Dark Shadow starts shrinking and tries to run away but I increase the flames and he keeps shrinking until he's small enough for Tokoyami to control.

"I am very sorry Shoji. Because of my ignorance you were injured." Tokoyami says bowing to the octopus man.

"It's alright Tokoyami, it will regrow." he says showing the nub of where his arm was. Suddenly my ears pick up the sound of fighting.

"We can sort the rest of this out later! We need to go!" I shout jumping to the trees. I jump from tree to tree until I reach a clearing. I land on a branch and look down to see Nezuko and Tsuyu fighting against some blonde girl with knives. Tsuyu was pinned to the tree by one of the knives and Nezuko was putting up a decent fight. I jump down at the girl and axe kick her in the shoulder, sending her to the ground. I jump away and land next to Nezuko.

"So what happened here?" I ask drawing Yoru.

"Tsu and I were doing the test of courage when she jumped out at us. We've been fighting for a while now but no serious injuries." she says.

"Good. I'll take care of this." I say as the girl gets to her feet.

"Hey your kinda cute~. But you'd look much cuter covered in blood!" she says crazily. She jumps forward with her knife and attempts to swing at me. I raise Yoru and easily block the swing. I slide my blade down making her lose balance and step forward. I raise Yoru and slam the bottom of the handle into her back. She drops to the ground and I step back, sheathing Yoru.

"I wonder why villains are attacking the training camp." Nezuko says freeing Tsu from the tree.

"I honestly have no idea. The other guy I fought just seemed to want to kill me for fun. But we should probably stick together and keep a look out for the rest of the class." I say. Everyone nods and we run off down a trail until we hear the sound of things being crushed and ripped. I jump forward ahead of everyone and swing up to the trees. I jump high into the air and look down at a clearing to see Cocksuki and Shothoe both fighting against a guy in some kind of full body straight jacket with crazy long teeth. I drop down from the air and unsheathe both Yoru and Shusui.

"Breath of Wind Tenth Form - Conflicting Tornadoes!" I say swinging my swords in an X. The blades make contact with the teeth and giant torrents of wind blow from my sword, shattering the teeth. The guy flies back into a tree and sits up against it. I land in front of the two and glare at the guy as he freaks out.

"My teeth! My teeth! How dare you do that to my teeth?!" he yells as his teeth extend again. They come charging at me and I swing my swords, deflecting each one. A few manage to get through and cut me a few times but it's nothing serious. I block one but another manages to sneak in and plant itself into my shoulder. A barrage more comes flying at me but I take in a breath and glare forward.

"Breath of the Beast Tenth Fang - Whirling Fangs!" I shout.

The teeth get diced and I break off the one in my shoulder before charging at him. I raise my swords to my sides and prepare an attack.

"Breath of Water Twelfth Form - Crashing Waterfalls!" I say as torrents of water come from my blades. I swing them down at him and his teeth shatter once again as my blades crash into him. He crumples to the ground unconscious and I sheathe my swords turning to everyone else.

"We need to keep moving. We have no idea how many villains are attacking. Dark Eagle." I say summoning the black bird.

"Is that smart Izuku? Won't he rampage?" Tokoyami asks.

"Like i've said before, he doesn't have a consciousness so I have complete control. He can't rampage unless I allow him to." I say. Dark Eagle flies up into the air and around the camp site. I look through his eyes to assess the damage the villains caused. He looks around but I don't see anymore villains around. He continues flying until he sees all the villains together in one group. Something is wrong. They shouldn't all be together like this. Dark Eagle gets closer until I see why. They have Keigo. My wings instantly sprout from my back and my pupils turn to slits.

"Izuku?" Nezuko asks. I don't even turn my head before crouching, preparing to take off.

"Nezuko. Don't follow me. I'll take care of this." I say. I blast off into the air before she can respond and fly towards the area Dark Eagle is. I reach the tree Dark Eagle is perched on and crash to the ground in front of it. A mini dust cloud forms and I stand up fully, glaring at the villains.

"Ah if it isn't the hero in training, Hashira." Shigaraki says with a crazy grin behind his hand.

"The fuck are you doing with Keigo?" I ask glaring at him. Keigo was tied up and his mouth was covered by a piece of tape.

"Oh him? We're simply taking in a new recruit that we can mold into a perfect weapon. Doesn't that sound fun?" he asks crazily.

"You lay a finger on his head and you'll die where you stand." I say as Dark Eagle flies beside me. I hold out my hand to Dark Eagle and his body starts morphing.

"Forced Quirk Evolution." I say. Dark Eagle's body suddenly grows several times bigger and his form changes greatly. Once the evolution stops he lands on the ground, his new form towering over me, as he roars at the villains.

"Dark Dragon, let's go." I say drawing Yoru. He roars in agreement and we charge forward. I jump after the orange haired guy and slash at him. He barely dodges and shoots a torrents of bright red flames at me. I jump above the blast and get ready to strike down at him.

"Breath of Flame Third Form - Blazing Universe!" I shout. Bright blue flames burst from my sword and I slam it down on the man. He tries to shoot a blast of fire at me but I simply cut through it and slam the blade into his shoulder, sending him crashing into the ground and creating a mini crater. I land next to him and stomp his head into the ground as he tries to get up. Now that he's unconscious I look back up to see that Dark Dragon took out the weird lizard guy and is fighting the one with the giant bar. That leaves me with magician and Shigaraki. I charge towards the magician since he was the one holding Keigo and swing at him. He pulls out a weird blue marble and tosses it at my sword. It glows before being replaced with a large rock. I slash through the rock and he jumps back to gain some distance. Suddenly a mist portal opens behind them and Shigaraki grins wider.

"It was fun Hashira but we must go now. Nomu! Collect everyone!" Shigaraki shouts. A weird green version of the Nomu from the USJ comes out of the forest and slashes at me with a saw arm. I jump out of the way and he grabs the unconscious villains and jumps through the portal. I sheathe Yoru and take a stance before releasing a sharp whistling breath.

"Breath of Thunder First Form - Thunderclap and Flash - Godspeed!" I shout as red lightning bursts around me. I charge forward, faster than they can react and jump at the magician guy. I slash at him but the Nomu sticks it's arm through the portal and intercepts my strike. His arm falls off but he uses the other to grab the magician and pull him through. The last thing I saw before the portal closed were Keigo's terrified eyes. I fall to my knees and drop Yoru as I stare at the place the portal just was.

"No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No! Dammit!" I say slamming my hands on the ground.

"He was right there! I was so close! I could have reached him! Goddammit! Why?! Why couldn't I reach him?! KEIGO!" I shout in desperation. Dark Dragon walks over and melts back into my body as I sit there on the ground. I hear rustling but don't even bother to look up as I continue to just sit there.

"Izuku? What happened? Where are the villains?" Nezuko asks.

"Gone." I mutter.

"What did you say?" Nezuko asks not hearing me.

"I said there gone dammit! They escaped and they took Keigo! I wasn't able to stop them! I couldn't reach him! He's gone!" I shout looking up at her, tears streaming down my face. She seems to freeze as her eyes start to tear up.

"Y-your n-not serious r-right? H-he's with
A-Aizawa r-right?" she asks, tears streaming down her face. I slowly shake my head no and she crumbles to the ground next to me. I wrap her in a hug and let her cry her eyes out while I did the same.

I don't know how long we were sitting there for but it must have been a long time since I could see the traces of sunrise. I slowly stand up and pick up Nezuko, who fell asleep from all the crying, and make my way back to the camp. I walk the entire way without making a sound, looking down, my hair shadowing my eyes. Too ashamed in myself to dare look up at anyone. I walk back to the cabins and place Nezuko in the bed. I tuck her in and there's a knock on the door. I open it, still not bothering to look up, and am suddenly pulled into a tight hug. I hug back just as tight and just try not to cry.

"Everything is just fine Izuku. You may have lost Keigo but we can get him back. He isn't dead and you know that. So please just get some rest for now and we'll do everything we can to get him back." a dry voice says. His voice might not have shown it but he was truly sad and regretful.

"I know he's not dead. They want him alive so they can lure me in. I can't just sit here while my son is there in the hands of those bastards. I need to get to him so I can save him from them. How can I call myself a hero or his father if I can't even save my own son?" I ask crying lightly. Aizawa only rubs my back as I cry out my frustrations. When I finally calm down enough he releases the hug and places his hands on my shoulders, looking me in the eyes.

"When we get back to UA I promise you that we will hold a meeting about finding them and getting Keigo back. And I will make sure that you are at that meeting. So get some rest, i'll come get you when it's time to go." he says. I nod and he let's go before walking out. I walk over to the bed and climb in, pulling Nezuko close, and just let my consciousness slip away. The last image before I lost consciousness being Keigo's terrified face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 1K 26
When you were younger you and your friends put your faith in heroes, but after seeing a different side of them things change... You were friends with...
11.3K 150 49
TRIGGER WARNING CONTAINS RAPE ABUSE DEPRESSION AND MORE Izuku was deemed quirkless his mom started abusing him he had no friends then one day it all...
116K 4K 25
More than anything in the world, Izuku wanted to be a hero. He didn't really know what sparked this desire; maybe it was because he wanted to prove h...
24.9K 374 11
NOTE: This is the first story of my first-ever: Demon Deku trilogy, each story is different from the other, meaning Izuku's powers are different. EVE...