Izuku The User of The Breaths

By Shy_deku

This is the rewrite of my first story so I hope you enjoy this. Izuku was a normal kid until his fourth birt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Mini Chapter: Nezuko's fight
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 17.5
Chapter 18
Not a Chapter
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
I Got Tagged
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Mini Chapter: Festival
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 9

14.6K 271 257
By Shy_deku

Izuku POV

We were sitting in class after the three day break waiting for our substitute teacher to walk in. Or so we thought. You would think after getting his arms broken and his head smashed Aizawa would take a day off. So imagine how surprised we were when he walked in as a mummy.

"Sensei?! Shouldn't you be resting?!" Iida asks standing up.

"My well being is none of your concern. Now to get on to more pressing matters your fight isn't over yet." he says putting the class on edge.

'More villains?' was the thoughts of most of the class.

"In 2 weeks time you all will compete in the UA annual sports festival." he says making the class breathe a sigh of relief.

"But sensei? Is it smart to hold the festival so soon after an attack like this?" Jiro asks.

"Yeah. Shouldn't we postpone it or something?" Kaminari asks.

"That's why we're not postponing it. We need to show the world that we won't back down after being challenged, that even after an attack we won't stop fighting. This is your chance to show the world how strong you are and that you won't give up." he says. With the classes nerves gone we continued the day normally. Until it was time for lunch at least. The bell rang and we all stood up ready to leave. Kaminari walked over and opened the door only to see a giant swarm of students.

"Woah what the hell?!" he shouts stepping back.

"What are they all doing here?" Kirishima asks.

"Isn't it obvious shitty hair? There here to scout out the competition. Well get a good look at him extras because this is the future number one!" Katsuki shouts making the crowd riot, throwing insults at him.

"Katsuki." I say. I appear beside him with my hand on his shoulder and my pupils turned to slits.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't rile up the crowd when we have to get through. Understand?" I ask in a deadly cold voice.

"F-fine!" he says shrugging my hand off. He's pretending to be annoyed when truly he's scared shitless. I walk up to the crowd, my pupils still slits, and stop in front of them.

"Could you all move out of the way? We need to get to lunch so we can eat." I say in a bored voice. They don't seem to listen to me though.

"Are all 1-A students assholes?" a kid asks. I look over and see a purple haired student who resembles Aizawa.

"Not all of them. A select few of us yes but that's about it." I say. I feel a tug on my pant leg and look down at Keigo who was off from school today.

"What's up bud?" I ask picking him up.

"Are they going to leave? I'm hungry." he says.

"See what your doing? Your making a kid starve. Now get lost." I say.

"Don't get all cocky just because you fought villains!" one shouts. My entire class goes dead silent already knowing what's about to happen.

"Nezuko? Could you hold Keigo for a minute?" I ask in a 'calm' voice.

"Of course." she says. She takes Keigo from my arms and I slowly walk up to the crowd, cracking my knuckles.

"Could the one who said that step forward please?" I ask. The crowd parts slightly and a kid steps forward. He had a similar build to Shoji and was about the same height too.

"So it was you that said it?" I ask.

"Yeah it was me. What are you going to do about it? Pipsqueak." he says. I reel my arm back and thrust it forward into his jaw, sending him flying out of the room and over the crowd into the wall of the hallway. The crowd goes silent looking from the guy back to me as I stand up fully.

"Do you really think that just because we survived a villain attack we would get cocky?" I ask in a cold voice, my hair shadowing my eyes.

"Well let me tell you something. You assholes are completely wrong! You think we would be cocky because we almost died?! Our lives were at risk the entire time and our teacher almost died! I personally had to help my teacher fight off these villains! And you want to know something?! I almost died several times! One slip up and my head could have been gone! Then I had to fight some creature made to kill the fucking symbol of peace! But you know what?! I killed the creature! Because of me we are alive here today and still able to become hero's while you assholes try to get rich and famous! You are the people that give hero's a bad reputation! And if I seem cocky to you it's because I know that I could kill all of you where you stand and not bat an eye doing it! Now get the fuck out of my way!" I shout at them. They all run off completely terrified and I grab my stuff walking out of the room. The class follows still dead silent and I take a few deep breaths so I don't accidentally blow up on one of them. I feel a tug at my sleeve and look over to Nezuko and Keigo.

"Dad? Are you okay?" he asks.

"I'm just fine buddy. People like that just get on my nerves. Now let's go get some food." I say with a soft smile. No matter how mad I get these two will be able to calm me down.

"Right!" he says with a big smile. I laugh a little and grab Nezuko's hand and place a soft kiss on the back of it.

"What was that for?" she asks.

"Nothing. Just you being here with me." I say. We walk down to the cafeteria and I open the doors and all the students go silent upon seeing me. Guess word spreads fast when you scare the crap out of some students. Now I just have to focus on the sports festival.

Time Skip - 2 Weeks (didn't want to add a bunch of filler and just get straight to it)

I was sitting in the locker room, waiting to be called out to the field with the rest of my classmates. Keigo was chilling with Aizawa and Hizashi in the announcers room. Let's hope his ears don't bleed.

"Will all students start making there way to the field?" Hizashi asks over the mic. I stand up and lead my class out of the locker room and we walk down the tunnel until we reach the field.

"And now introducing the class that survived the villain attack, Hero Courses 1-A!" Hizashi says. The crowd bursts into cheers and most of the class gets nervous.

"How do you still look so bored?" Kaminari asks.

"It's a special skill i've learned. It's called 'Don't give a shit.' Comes in handy." I say as we all line up.

"And now for our referee, the 18+ heroine Midnight!" he shouts as Midnight walks up to the podium in her hero outfit. There were several comments made about this and I just shake my head in annoyance.

"Hello everybody! Now before we begin let's get a speech from our freshman representative! Izuku Kamado please come on up!" she says. I sigh and walk up to the stage and take the mic.

"Yeah i'm no good at speeches so i'm gonna make this quick. Growing up there was one thing I learned. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. Ignore them. If someone tells you to give up on your dream you push through and show them that you can do it. It doesn't matter if you are quirkless or have a villainous quirk. Show the world that there expectations were wrong and that you proved them wrong. So let me hear it! Go beyond...." I start.

"Plus Ultra!" the crowd finishes. The crowd erupts into cheers and I walk back down to my spot.

"That was a good speech. How long did it take to come up with?" Kaminari asks.

"The two seconds I had before I opened my mouth. I had no damn idea I was supposed to give a speech." I say.

"Now let's get onto our first event! It will be an... Obstacle Course! The students will have to race around the outside of the stadium and make it back here. But be warned only the first 42 will make it through to the next round. Now everyone line up!" Midnight says. Everyone goes to line up tying to take the front spot and I just stand at the back stretching.

"Hey Koko should I just blitz through it or take my time?" I ask.

"If you blitz through you have more time to do nothing afterwards." she says.

"Blitzing it is." I say taking a runners stance. Lightning arcs around me but more than normal.

"3...2...1...Go!" Midnight shouts. Everyone tries to push past one another and I release a sharp whistling breath.

"Breath of Thunder First Form - Thunderclap and Flash - Godspeed!" I say. The ground around me breaks and I disappear in a flash of lightning, blasting passed all the ones in front of me. I easily run passed the ones who were in first place and approach the first obstacle long before anyone else. I unseal my sword to my side and cut through all the robots, burning them with electricity as I go. I completely obliterate one of the zero pointers leaving it for the others and approach the next obstacle. It was a giant pit with pillars so I just jumped from pillar to pillar at lightning fast speeds. Literally. I reach the last obstacle which appears to be some land mines. Ignoring this I run through them, with them blowing up after me. I was too fast for them to keep up with so I passed through it easily and reached the finish line. I slow down and cross the finish line coming to a complete stop.

"And with a new record we have Izuku Kamado! Seriously he shattered every record we had for that competition! Aizawa what do you feed these kids?!" Hizashi yells into the mic.

"That one only eats meat. But everything he's shown so far is all because of his own training. Izuku Kamado is one of the students I believe to be closest to the number 1 position." Aizawa says.

"You heard it folks! Aizawa is a bad teacher!" Hizashi says.

"Huh?" Aizawa asks. You can then hear something being hit and a sound of pain. I shake my head and walk over to the wall and sit down, leaning against it and close my eyes. Only to be awoken by having to dodge a rock thrown at my head. I open one eye and look to Nemuri who was standing on the stage with her arm outstretched.

"Need something?" I ask.

"We're starting the next event so get up." she says. I stand up and walk over to line up with everyone.

"Now that everyone is here we can begin the next event. A cavalry battle!" she cheers.

I'm skipping the cavalry battle.

"We will now begin our final event! A tournament battle!" Midnight cheers. A screen projects showing everyone's match ups.

Izuku - Shinso
Sero - Shoto
Kaminari - Katsumi
Nezuko - Iida
Aoyama - Mina
Shoka - Tokoyami
Kirishima - Izumi
Katsuki - Ochako

Looks like i'm against some Shinso dude.

"Will all competitors other than Izuku Kamado and Hitoshi Shinso please head to the stands?" Nemuri asks. Everyone clears off and I walk up to the stage across from purple haired Aizawa.

"Oh it's you. This should be interesting." I say cracking my knuckles.

"Fighters ready?! Fight!" Nemuri says. He makes no effort to move so I start walking towards him.

"You have a good quirk. Your life must have been pretty great growing up." he says. I get angry but manage to hold my tongue. My instincts are telling me not to respond. I continue walking to him and he seems to get annoyed.

"What? To scared to respond? Maybe you should just go cry to that useless girlfriend of yours." he says. I stop in my tracks and my pupils instantly turn to slits.

"What was that? You got a death wish?" I ask drawing my sword.

"What?! Why didn't my quirk work?!" he panics.

"So your quirk must be some mind control based on response. Well too bad for you my mind is too fucked up to be controlled. Now how about I make you eat those words?" I ask. I pick up speed and charge at him, my sword in hand and he starts panicking.

"I surrender!" he says. I stop, my blade inches away from him and stand up sheathing the sword.

"Smart choice." I say.

"And the winner is Izuku Kamado!" Nemuri cheers. I walk off the stage and head back up to the stands and take a seat next to Nezuko.

"You got pretty mad down there. What did he say?" she asks.

"Nothing important. But at least I didn't accidentally kill him." I say.

"That's true." she says. We then watch the fights continue as Shothoe encases Sero in an unnecessarily large iceberg. Then the next fight was between Kaminari and Katsumi. It was kind of sad to see the human pikachu get blown up but what can you do?

"Wish me luck." Nezuko says standing up.

"Kick some ass." I say as she walks away. I watch as she heads into the field and her and Iida start there fight. It was a big fight filled with strong and fast kicks but after an intense battle Nezuko had lost. They were both very powerful but Iida had the edge in speed and with his move recipro burst he went too fast for her to react and knocked her out of the ring. I stand up from my spot and head down to talk to her about it. I reach the hallway and meet a smiling Nezuko.

"Oh hey Zuzu. What are you doing down here?" she asks.

"You can drop the act Nezuko." I say. Her smile starts to fade and tears well up in her eyes. I pull her into a hug and she cries lightly into my shoulder.

"I j-just wanted to win. I wanted to m-make you proud of me. S-show you how strong I am." she says.

"Nezuko. I will always be proud of you. You have no reason to make me proud. And I know how strong you are because i've been with you for years. You may have lost today but don't let that get you down. You can power through this and use it as a learning experience. Learn from your losses and better yourself. Can you do that for me?" I ask.

"Mhm." she says nodding into my shoulder. We release the hug and I wipe away the remaining tears on her face.

"Now can you show me that adorable smile of yours?" I ask making her giggle. She smiles a little and I lean in and kiss her. She kisses back and we pull away a few seconds later.

"We should head back to the class before they worry." Nezuko says.

"Sure. You go ahead first I have something I need to do really quick." I say.

"Okay but don't take to long." she says. She walks away and I stand there for a few seconds.

"So how long are you going to stand there and watch?" I ask turning to a dark corner.

"You got good senses kid." a deep voice says. A man steps into the light and I get a good view of him. He was tall and muscular with green hair and a scar over his left eye. Strangely he had three swords strapped to his side.

"Who the hell are you and why were you watching us?" I ask.

"The names Zoro. I saw your skills and wanted to come talk to you." he says.

"And how do I know your not trying to kidnap me or something?" I ask. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a wallet. He opens it and pulls out a card before throwing it to me. I catch it and see a hero license with his picture on it.

"Your hero name is your name?" I ask.

"Yeah. Didn't feel like I needed one." he says.

"Alright i'll trust you for now. But what do you want?" I ask throwing the card back.

"After the sports festival I want you to intern with me." he says.

"Intern?" I ask.

"After the sports festival heroes can put in offers for students to come intern with them to to help the students learn and grow stronger. I want you to come work with me." he says.

"Why do you want me to work with you?" I ask.

"I can tell your proficient with a sword and wish to help you become even better. I also have a special sword style I wish to pass down." he says.

"Does it involve three swords?" I ask.

"It does. And it is a very powerful technique that needs a powerful successor. So when you get your list I hope you'll choose me." he says walking away. I watch as his figure fades before going back to my seat thinking about his offer. I could tell he was strong. The aura around him just gave off the feeling of a powerful being. I reach my class and sit down and watch as the fights continue. Apparently we were on the last fight of the first round and I watched as Cocksuki blows up the human kirby. I walk down the stairs again and walk towards the stage. I walk up and stand across the half and half douchebag.

"Fighters ready?! Fight!" Nemuri says. He shoots a giant ice berg at me and I draw my sword.

"Breath of Wind First Form - Dust Whirlwind Cutter!" I say swinging my blade.

The ice shatters and I start walking towards him. He shoots another iceberg and I grip my sword tighter.

"Breath of the Moon Eighth Form - Moon Dragon Ringtail!" I say.

The ice yet again shatters and I continue forward gaining speed.

"Is that all you got?! What happened to being stronger than me?!" I shout at him.

"Shut the hell up!" he shouts back blasting a wave of fire at me.

"Breath of Thunder Third Form - Thunder Swarm!" I shout swinging my blade.

The attacks clash creating a smokescreen and I use this chance.

"Breath of Thunder First Form - Thunderclap and Flash - Godspeed!" I shout sheathing my blade. I crouch down and blast off towards Shothoe.

I slam my blunt sword into his gut and he coughs up a bit of saliva and blood before flying back and out of the ring. He slams into the wall and falls to the ground unconscious.

"And the winner is Izuku Kamado!" Nemuri cheers. The crowd erupts into cheers after witnessing such a display of power and I walk back up to the stands. The next fight starts and I sit in my seat and take the praise from my classmates on my win. I watch as Iida and Katsumi fight, a flurry of kicks and explosions until one of them finally loses. Iida was able to take use of Katsumi's anger and kick her in the face sending her out of bounds. Then I had to watch as Shoka completely overwhelmed Mina with her quirk. After that was a crazy battle between Izumi and Katsuki where Izumi barely won after having to break two of her fingers for 100%. I sigh and stand up heading down to the hallway for my fight against Iida. I walk onto the stage and stand across from the glasses wearing boy.

"I hope you do not hold anything against me for my fight with Nezuko." he says.

"It's all good. We are in a fighting tournament after all." I say summoning my sword to my side.

"Fighters ready?! Fight!" Nemuri says. Iida charges at me using his engines and throws a high kick aimed for my head. I duck under it and sweep his other leg out from under him. He falls to the ground and I jump up and axe kick him in the stomach, sending him into the ground. I jump back and stand at the ready, my hand on my sword. He stands up and faces me before running at me again. I dodge his kicks and draw my sword.

"Breath of Flame Second Form - Rising Scorching Sun!" I say.

My sword connects with his raised leg and he gets launched back. I rush forward and spin, kicking him in the stomach. He flies out of bounds and tumbles across the ground. He stops rolling a little ways away from the ring and I lower my leg back to the ground.

"And the winner is Izuku Kamado!" Nemuri cheers. The crowd erupts into cheers again and I walk over to Iida and hold out a hand to him.

"Good fight." I say helping him to his feet.

"It was. Thank you for such a good fight." he says. We walk back up to the stands and I watch as Izumi and Shoka fight each other in a giant clash of fire, ice, punches, and sparks coming from Izumi. After a serious fight and a few broken fingers Izumi manages to win.

"Great. Now I have to fight another annoyance." I say standing up.

"Don't kill her." Nezuko says as I begin walking away.

"We'll see." I say walking down the stairs. I walk down the hall until I step on to the stage standing across from Izumi.

"Guess we're fighting Nii-chan." she says.

"I've told you before and i'll say it again. Do. Not. Call. Me. Nii-chan." I say glaring.

"How about this? If I win you have to come back to the family." she says.

"And when I win?" I ask.

"IF you win then i'll stop calling you Nii-chan." she says.

"Good enough. But i'll add a little to the deal. I will only use one style." I say unsheathing my sword.

"Don't be cocky." she says.

"Fighters ready?! Fight!" Nemuri says. Green sparks surround Izumi and she blasts towards me. I grip my sword and release a long hot breath.

"Breath of the Sun Seventh Form - Sunflower Thrust!" I shout.

My blade makes contact with her shoulder and she gets sent back almost to the line.

"Where did all that confidence go?! You were so sure of your victory weren't you?!" I ask.

"I will make you come back!" she says. We both charge forward and I ready my sword.

"Breath of the Sun Tenth Form - Solar Heat Haze!" I say.

She seems to think the blade missed before it makes contact with her head and sends her plummeting into the floor. I jump back and glare at her as she makes her way to her feet.

"I'm not done yet!" she says. She charges forward and her shirt sleeve tears off.

"So she's using 100%? Won't be enough." I say. I take my stance and wait for her to reach me.

"Breath of the Sun Eleventh Form - Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance!" I shout swinging my blade.

It makes contact with the side of her stomach and the giant dragon is shown to devour her and carry her out of the ring and slam her into the arena wall and bury her into it.

"My win." I say sheathing my blade.

"And the winner of this years sports festival is Izuku Kamado!!" Nemuri cheers. The crowd erupts into cheers, louder than before and I simply put my hands in my pockets and start walking back to the stands.

"W-wait Izuku! You have to stay for the award ceremony!" Nemuri calls out.

"Sorry Nemuri but I know who's handing out the medals. I'm not staying for him." I say walking into the hallway. I walk down the hallway before stopping next to a hallway.

"Why are you down here this time? Zoro?" I ask.

"Wanted to congratulate you on your win. You seemed to have a grudge against that last girl and showed some impressive moves but that leads me to a question." he says stepping out of the shadows.

"Well? Go ahead and ask." I say.

"Those forms you use. There not a quirk are they?" he asks. My eyes widen and my head snaps to him.

"How? Tell me how do you know?!" I ask stepping towards him.

"Throughout the Roronoa family there was a legend about the sword styles that relied on breathing. How there was a strong warrior who seemed to wield the power of the sun with a sword. The legends said there was an organization of swordsmen who fought to protect the world from ones who wanted to end it. I saw you use those styles that no one else could." he says.

"And what are you going to do with this information?" I ask.

"Nothing. It's not my area to tell people about this. But I can help you improve these styles if you intern with me. You could even learn to fuse it with my style and make them even stronger. So think it over. Later." he says walking away.

"Zoro." I say making him stop.

"Can't wait to learn this style of yours." I say.

"Can't wait to teach it to a new swordsmen." he says with a grin. He walks off and I walk back up to the stands with a small smile. This is going to be an interesting internship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.7K 1.2K 55
This is book 1 of 3 After being abused by his peers for several years, Izuku had enough, he ran and kept running until finding himself secluded where...
963 13 7
Izuku Midoriya never had a normal childhood since he turned four. The day he turned four everything changed after he was told he was quirkless. He wa...
10K 132 25
After the visit to the quirk doctor at four years old. Izuku was despised by both Inko and Toshinori. ( I know this concept is used a lot but I like...
37.8K 1K 26
When you were younger you and your friends put your faith in heroes, but after seeing a different side of them things change... You were friends with...