killer instinct - || h.s. ||

By eversincekyoto

a killer instinct was coined in the early boxing world as a protective, cold mentality that surges to one's c... More

welcome
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12 *
13
14
15
16 *
17 *
18
19
20 *
21
22 *
23
24 *
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37 *
38
39
40 *
41
42
43
44
45
46
48 *
49
50
51
52 *
53
54
55 *
56 *
57
58
59
60 *
61
62
63
64
65
66
67 *
68
69 *
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78 *
79
80
81 *
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
epilogue
dedication

47

8.1K 216 287
By eversincekyoto

TRIGGER WARNING: child abuse and mention of death

---

"  i feel more and more like i was made for you "

---

aurora astor.

I tuck myself into the leather seat of his classic car, surrounded by a thick blanket of midnight darkness with his presence. His cologne lingers in the small space like a blanket of nostalgia wrapped around me.

Harry starts up the ignition, thrumming the machine to life to illuminate the center console with the melodic soulful reverb of his music. I fidget with the hem of the sleeves of his crew neck swimming on me and perceive his palm extend into my field of view.

I glance over to notice sugar-coated watermelon candies awaiting me like the last time. My lips twitch up as I glance up to find a knowing smile on his structured face with a blue light cast across his face from the console.

"Only if you want," he murmurs and I couldn't resist the drugs laced into the candies offered in front of me.

I simply laugh under my breath before taking the three candies from him and placing them both into my mouth to chew.

My face scrunches at the sourness blended perfectly with the sweet, sugar-coated along with the gummies – all with this distinct earthy undertone.

Harry's eyes sparkle in the dim car light, and he takes four for himself before tucking the candies away and dusting the sugar off his palms.

His jaw oscillates as he chews, defining the razor-sharp structure of his pretty face. I swallow down my ticket of sobriety for the night, wanting to experience it heightened as he does.

He gives it the car drive for the two of us to gradually sense the effects in full, just in time for the fabricated stars.

I tuck my knees into my chest in the cradle of this leather seat, and Harry's rind-clad hand smooths down between my knees. I snicker as his touch glides down my inner thigh, treading far too close before coming to a halt on my muscle with flutters erupting through my belly.

The smile hugs my cheeks throughout the entirety of the drive in the sleepless city. And he finally pulls into the barren parking lot lit by lamp posts in front of the renowned planetarium in the dead of night.

He gives my inner thigh a subtle squeeze before his hand slips from my skin, and neglects the lack of his bliss against my buzzing skin.

I step out of the car with this satisfying weight on my veins and haze clouding my head in the most serene way possible.

"Come on, Ace," he murmurs to pull my attention to him as even the gentle spring breeze has my body reacting to its comforting caress.

I quickly walk over, and he takes my hand to lead us to the front doors of the quiet building. I glimpse over at him, noticing the heaviness to his eyelids before he lets go to unlock the doors.

I excitedly shift on my feet, unable to contain my excitement which has his green eyes flickering back to me with a stupid smile carved into his pretty face.

"Get inside, idiot," he chuckles with a tug to my hand to pull me into the pin-drop silence of the planetarium after hours.

He lifts my arm up with the grasp on my hand, and I'm so in a daze that I watch everything occur in slow motion as he smoothly hooks his arm around my neck with our hands still barely laced.

My shocked expression must have given it away because Harry softly chuckles as he leads me through the empty exhibit, and he layers a kiss to my temple as I stay curled into his side.

My body warms against his, and he leads us back into the circular room with the black-blanketed dome above. The only light that guides the way are the dim, golden strip lights running across the floor but thankfully neither of us trip on the way down.

But the bench that was once here isn't, and so I slip from Harry's hold to walk to the center of the open space surrounded by crescendoing rows of auditorium seating.

I sit myself down right in the center of it all, and his soft laugh dances through the darkness as I lay back on the floor.

The carpet is rough and yet soft underneath my back, and I await the reveal across the dome. I listen to his shuffling close by, and he doesn't give me a warning before my breath is taken from me.

I softly gasp and my eyes dilate on the vast starlight above, shining in its full glory with the drugs laced into my system heightening every little burning star. The constellations twinkle with their companions across the onyx dome, forcing my soul to numb to nothingness in its wake.

My eyes flicker over at his tall silhouette towering over me, and he snickers at me laying down on the ground with the stars surrounding him.

My smile grows wider as he crouches down, and reclines back to lay right beside me with a gentle brush of our arms radiating through the thick fabric of his crew neck on me.

The sight has rendered me speechless yet again, and I tip my head back further to trace every little star above me. My heart races in my chest with this odd sensation fluttering through my veins.

The comfortable silence was meant for the both of us, granting serenity in the galaxy sparkling overhead.

The back of his hand brushes against mine with my ring clicking against his several rings. I mindlessly toy with his fingers under the night sky projected above us.

"God, Harry," I mumble, and he hums softly as I finally turn my head to glance over at his side profile.

His beautiful features are coated in shimmering starlight from overhead, and my cheeks ache from the ridiculous smile on my face which has him completely lacing our fingers together.

"Hm?" He hums out of curiosity to the thoughts soaring through my head, but I can only softly shake my head at him.

"This might have to be the new optimal spot," I murmur, and he softly chuckles with a squeeze to my hand. I hazily giggle with him under the fabricated moonlight pouring over us like a stretch of infinity meant just for the two of us.

"It never gets old," he mumbles as his eyes flicker up again, consuming his favorite scene in full adoration evident all over his face.

I just gawk at his side profile, assessing every bit of him, and he notices to turn his gaze back to me in the same manner.

"Tell me about another one," I request, and his dimple curves deeper into his soft cheek. He softly clears his throat as he glances back up again, attempting to pick one out of the thousands stitched into the vast complexity of the universe.

He softly hums as he leans his head closer to mine, lifting his other arm up to point to the apex of the dome. "Another one of my favorites," he whispers into the hollow quiet as his fingertip guides me in the general vicinity but there are too many stars to count.

"There are five stars, and it's kind of shaped like a 'W' or a zig-zag, I guess," he murmurs as he traces it. I squint my eyes to attempt to find something that comes like second nature to him.

He softly snickers under his breath and rolls closer to press his warm temple to mine with the wisps of his chestnut curls tickling my face.

"Right there, Ace," he meets my gaze and softly takes hold of my jaw to tilt it further to the side. Pointing at it again, I follow his finger to the shape zig-zagging amid the clusters of other stars.

I softly hum as I finally find it, "Mhm," I murmur softly as his hand falls from my jaw to roll back onto his back again while I stare up at it – too scared to look away in fear I'll lose it.

"That one's called Cassiopeia," he says, and I hum quietly in recognition of the name but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"So it's kind of fucked up, but basically Cassiopeia was a queen and she was incredibly self-absorbed. She would claim that she and her daughter, Andromeda, were prettier than the sea nymphs." He tells me, and my eyebrows knit together at the thought. "And that caused a huge scene because the goddess of the sea and Poseidon's wife were both nymphs themselves. Worst comes to worst ..." he mutters, "and Poseidon punishes the both of them. For Cassiopeia, he sent her up to the sky, upside down." He tells me with amusement casting over his tone.

I abruptly chuckle and glance over at him to find a humorous smile etched onto his starlit face. "What?" I breathe out with a laugh, and he nods at me before I peep back up to find the cluster on my own.

"Mhm, that constellation is supposed to be her, sitting in her throne, and he left her in that undignified position, upside down for eternity because of her vanity," he tells me.

I shake my head softly, wondering how that small few stars hold such a story to them but it's art in its own way.

Each of these constellations are their own painting on a canvas so vast into the beyond, each shimmering with narratives to their own pieces in their own kind of absurdities and fantasies.

His art gallery was the night sky.

"Why's it one of your favorites?" I curiously ask him, finding my eyelids heavy in a haze as I peek over at his silence.

He softly huffs, watching his chest deflate as I softly graze the pad of my thumb over the back of his hand.

"It's my sister's name," his accent murmurs so softly that I don't think the silence even heard him.

My eyebrows knit together as I watch his throat bob in the change of atmosphere, and he refuses to look back over at me. My thumb continues its caress as I allow him all the time in the world we have under the galaxy above.

"Harry," I whisper into the silence that was once a warm blanket is now taut between the two of us. "Thought you said her name was Gemma?" I gently ask, and he hums softly as the only form of a response he can muster.

"Uhm ... I have ... had ..." I've never heard him so flustered in my months with him and his grip tightens around my hand in his own frustration.

"Fucking hell," he breathes out shakily as he physically covers his face with his hands to hide his distress from me.

I roll over to my forearms and stomach to analyze him further. I hesitantly reach over, pulling his wrists from his face, and softly smooth my palm across his opposite cheek.

I watch his eyes shut in the presence of the touch, and he puffs out a strained breath with his head dropped back.

"It's just me, baby," I murmur in reassurance, and his chest expands and deflates yet again with a harsh exhale like a knife lacerating through the thick silence.

"I know, Ace, I know," he murmurs as he leans into my touch, and blinks his eyes back open to the galaxy painted above us. "I just- it's not something I talk about ... ever," he slowly reveals to me.

"You don't have to–" I begin, wanting anything but to witness him like this, but he is quicker to cut me off.

"No, I want to ..." he mumbles, almost like he didn't believe himself but he turns his face to finally look over at me with more reassurance forming on his pale face. "I want to," he admits as a spark comes to life within my heart, burning hot like his gaze into my soul.

I just barely give him a nod as he works the words up to his throat. I softly trace his features in comfort, grazing my thumb over his cheekbone as he stares up at the night sky.

"I had two sisters, Ace, you know I've told you about Gem," he murmurs and I swallow thickly but nod, nevertheless, to his painful deep emerald gaze, "but I never told you about my other baby sister, Cassie," he admits.

He sniffles lightly as I brace myself for more, but all that comes out is an abruptly dry laugh that hurts more than I thought it would.

"God, Rory, she wouldn't stop fucking cry one night at the house ... she'd interrupted my night with the stars, and I was pissed, but I remember staring up at Cassiopeia for the longest time that the name slipped out and I called her Cassie," he murmurs as my heart pinches in my chest.

"And she just stopped crying," he whispers out like a stab to my goddamn chest with the ache reverbing through his words.

"But that wasn't her name?" I question in confusion, and he scrunches his nose up to meet my gaze again with nothing but pain deep within the numbness that the drugs offer.

"She didn't have a name," he murmurs and my eyebrows tug together as my heart thunders steadily in my ears. "He didn't bother with her, and so she just never had a name for weeks," he admits, and I didn't even realize how harsh the lashes of the past scarred him.

He blinks up at me with those goddamn puppy eyes I've seen before, a state of him I've recognized only as vulnerable.

"And so the name stuck," he softly whispers.

"You named your own sister?" I hesitantly question as I stare down at him, continuing to drag my thumb back and forth across his sharp cheekbone under the stars.

Another harsh laugh loosens from his chest as he shakes his head softly, "No one else bothered, Gem was too little and he–" he stops himself as the words lodge in his throat. His face scrunches up slightly as he admits, "he didn't give a fuck about her."

I can only interpret his words as his dad, the one that would hurt him. The one that's embedded this idea of guilt so deep within Harry that he's repressed with this life he's got himself stuck up in.

"Tell me about her?" I cautiously ask, and his eyes flicker to mine with confusion within the emerald.

"You want to know?" He softly whispers, and my lips twitch up as I nod at him.

"I hardly know anything about either of them, Harry," I tell him, and his throat bobs again as he swallowed thickly.

"Well, she was so small when she was born," he admits like a whisper into the darkness surrounding us. My lips curve slightly at his reminisce, "She always was small, and she got mum's eyes," he tells me as I hum.

"She had this fucking blanket, for fuck's sake, she wouldn't leave the fucking house without that disgusting thing," a painful smile softly tugs upon his pale face.

And yet, I've never seen him talk about kids without mentioning something like wanting to punt them or freezing up around them.

He only describes her as being an infant which clouds the image of her portraying itself in my head. "She sounds adorable," I murmur, and his laugh is heart-shattering yet again.

"Don't get it twisted, baby, she was a nightmare," he glances over at me. I softly smile as I shake my head while stroking his soft curls along the side of his head.

I lightly laugh under my breath, "Is she in California with Gemma then or–" I ask but the moment of lightness fades out into the darkness that persists with the hurt etched in the form of frown lines along his face.

"She's dead," he whispers like a shot to my heart as I visibly watch the same happen simultaneously. My gut knots at the harsh reality, and I burn to wrap him up in as much comfort as he deserves right now.

His eyes gloss over, shining the reflection of the stars cast over his jade eyes.

"Harry–" I softly whisper as I hold his cheek but his eyes shut like he's glimpsing back to the past, and he sniffles lightly.

"She was so small, Ace," his voice breaks, and so do the mechanisms beating out of control in my heart.

I lean closer to him as he pinches his eyes shut from the stars, "I'm sorry," I whisper through the burn searing through my sinuses as I kiss his cheek delicately. "I'm so sorry, Harry," I whisper against his cheek as his whimper is so quiet I could hardly hear it as he attempts to suppress his emotions.

I dare to drawback, and pain aches through my system for him as he blinks profusely before clearing his throat.

"You know," he whispers so softly that his words blend with the white noise of the air conditioner blasting through the space.

He refuses to look over at me, staring up at her constellation without peeling his eyes from it. "The constellations rotate in the sky with the changing seasons, but ... Cassiopeia stays in the sky year-round," he tells me more of his obvious affection for the sky and the stars beyond our minuscule presence on this Earth.

I stroke his soft curls, weaving my fingers into them to rub comforting circles with my thumb over his temple as he does to me. "She's forever up there, baby," I murmur in a daze, the words flowing easier with the drugs within me.

"I know," he whispers, but his eyes seal shut again as he leans into my touch. "But it's my fault I lost her, well at this point, I lost both of them," he admits as his words sink deep to a part of me that I can comprehend.

"It's not your fault–" I begin without even knowing the full context, just wanting my Harry back with that foolish smile and sparkle in his green eyes – but I know that's not reality.

But now all that sparkles in his eyes are the tears he's holding back for his baby sister.

He shakes his head against my hand, "It is. I had a shitty fucking day and got home late ... and I left them alone in that house while he was drunk off his ass," he painfully regrets as the realization slowly clicks into place.

"I wasn't there for him to take his anger out," he whispers as my heart shatters all over again within my chest.

I tilt my head down to layer his temple in soft kisses, "She was so small, Ace, she couldn't handle–" he spirals. I shush him softly with my lips against his temple as I roll over to my back again, and he follows with me to allow me to cradle his head.

"I don't understand it all, but I know it wasn't your fault, baby ... it was him," I whisper as he sniffles lightly and nuzzles his head into my neck to wrap his arm around my waist with his body weight on top of mine.

This sharp weight presses down on my chest as I attempt to grasp his pain for a moment under the stars, sponging kisses to his forehead over and over. "It wasn't you, I promise," I whisper into his warm skin as he huffs into my neck.

"And it wasn't your fault either," he murmurs to me, and my eyebrows knit further together at his words.

The silence overcomes us, bearing down on the two of us like a blessing and curse right now.

"Talk to me about something else, please–" he softly requests, and my mind scrambles as I think faster than ever for the first thing to come to mind.

"I can't stop thinking about the art gallery," I admit as I stroke his hair seeped in the subtle scent of his hair products we used hours ago.

"Yeah?" He murmurs into my chest, and I softly exhale as I let myself fall back into the dream world I've only allowed myself an escape in temporary moments.

"Yeah," I whisper to him as I stare up at the canvas above me, glittering in the art of its own. "I've been thinking about all of my supplies in the closet, and painting again," I murmur to him, and he softly hums into his hoodie swimming on me. "And it's the only thing I've genuinely wanted to do in months," I murmured.

The numbness over these countless days since the accident, nothing's seemed to satisfy this hunger within me. Yet, the day the gallery art came back into my life and my mom's words flooded back to my consciousness rather than suppressing it – I could feel again.

"But it scares me," I murmur as I run my fingers through my hair, perceiving the silky curls slip through my fingers with every stroke.

"Why?" He softly mumbles into me. I exhale with Harry melting further into me as I blink up at the twinkling stars.

"Because it all reminds me of her, I'm scared that the second I start painting again that it's just going to hurt so bad," I mutter as I huff at myself in my own vexation to get his mind off the god-awful dread of his past.

The silence settles once again, holding us hostage to the dense molecular weight around us. Harry draws his head back to surprise me at the movement, his softened eyes meet mine as he takes my cheek with one of his hands as I did earlier.

"Try it," he requests, and my lips twitch up as I softly chuckle at the ease of his offer.

"As if it were that easy, Harry," I murmur, and he softly hums as he strokes my cheekbone with his thumb.

My flutter fades at his burning stare, half-high out of his mind and half-broken from his past above me. His eyes trace my face, and he stares down at me like he gazes up at the stars twinkling like a stunning backdrop to his simultaneous beauty.

I cup his cheeks, and his eyes soften further as I grant him a subtle smile to the pieces of ourselves we've only shown each other. "It wasn't your fault, it wasn't, Harry–" I murmur to him with such genuinity to my voice that his face scrunches up in my palms.

"Ace–" he crumbles again, and I shake my head as I stare up at him.

"No, Harry, life's fucked, you told me that," I whisper as he chews on his bottom lip. "And he deserves so much more than hell for what he did, you understand? It's him, and you cannot blame yourself," I tell him as he shakes his head again.

"As if it were that easy, angel," he whispers my words again, and my heart thunders in my chest as I huff softly to lean up to him.

I slant my mouth against his with the words, "I'll prove it to you," I whisper.

He gently reciprocates the kiss, laying my head back down on the ground as he kisses me firmly in the only way he knows how to say thank you.

He tears away first, softly pecking my lips before tilting his head back with his curls falling over his forehead.

And he stares down at me with a halo of stars behind him like my very own star angel.

My lips curve up with the haze in my mind, contradicting our emotions while finding pride in him opening up to me right now. While this soft starboy scares the living hell out of me, I've never found more comfort in anyone else.

I lean up, and gently kiss the tip of his pointed nose to draw a delicate laugh from his chest – one that I could go days on end without anything but it.

"Harry," I murmur, and he softly hums as my thumbs graze over his soft, flushed cheeks with the radiant glow of the universe behind him.

My lips twitch up in amusement. "I'm really fucking high," I attempt to ease the thick air holding us captive, and in an instant, my favorite smile hugs his cheeks so tight.

He snickers and I laugh with him while tipping my head back at this rollercoaster of emotion. Harry buries his face into my neck, sponging my buzzing skin in kisses, and I shriek as they tickle my skin.

My laughter rings out with his muffled by my skin, and even the stars seem to twinkle in response to the ease between the two of us. I writhe under him, and he snickers before drawing back after I call out for mercy.

"You gonna tap out like that in a few weeks, Ace?" He murmurs with that charm laced back into him. I pant as I hold his cheeks and trace his dimple with my thumb with my beam on full display.

"Don't get it twisted," I lean up, holding his pretty face where it is as his grin only widens, "I won't be tapping out." I kiss him with the words, and our teeth even clash with the beaming grins on both of our faces.

"We'll see, baby," he whispers as he kisses me once more before disconnecting our lips with a soft smack.

I blink my eyes open to find his gaze burning down on me, "Let's get the hell out of here," he asks and I hum as I nod my head under him.

His weight loosens from me, and I dramatically sigh as he extends his hand to me. But the second my sigh enters the air, he scoffs and rescinds his offer. I snicker at him as I get myself up, and he turns to walk away.

I stare up at the stars for one last moment before the flick of a switch tears the fabricated beauty from my eyes. The blanket of darkness forces my eyes to blink until they adjust to the lack of light, and I sense Harry's hand slip into mine.

"Harry," I hum again as I always do tonight in addressing him with our moments of serene silence.

"Yes, baby," he murmurs down to me, and I glance up to meet his eyes as we slip out of the darkness of the planetarium to walk through the dark museum with the exhibit display lights still on.

"Thanks for showing me your stars again," I smile up at him to reassure him in the light of more of his broken past, and his lips twitch up with an adorable flush to his cheeks.

I lace our fingers and follow him out, trekking through the lonesome of the galactic exhibit until we rejoin reality. Harry locks up, and I'm so out of it that I can only blink at his hands working the task.

His snicker has me blinking up to find a raw smile drawn across his face, and he shakes his head. "I cannot be the only party here this fucking high. What the hell was in those?" I scoff, and his eyelids fall heavy.

"I could not tell you, Z gave them to me," he murmurs, and I scoff at him as he tucks me into his side again with his arm hooked around the back of my neck.

I glance up at the night sky above, the authenticity disappointing with its light pollution could never compare to our dreamworld in that planetarium.

My momentary worry builds at a thought, and I instantly splay my hand to his sternum and step in front of him to stop him before he can get to this car. "Yes?" He murmurs with obvious sarcasm to his accented words.

"You're high, I don't want you to drive," I advise, and he softly scoffs at me while taking a second to process my words.

"Ace, I'm fin–" he mumbles, but instantly stops himself, "alright, you're right. Let's take a walk." He takes my hand again.

I spin on the ball of my foot to chuckle under my breath as I walk across the pavement of the parking lot to get to the sidewalk of the city.

"I don't really know this area," I murmur to him as he softly hums by my side.

"I think I do," he mumbles in his own world.

A slough of cars still roam the streetlamp illuminated streets, but not nearly as many as there normally are to the light of day. I just hum to myself as I stare down at our matching vans in synchronization on the pavement, and my lips twitch up in a haze.

"We're just gonna walk around for miles and miles," I mumble, and he snorts beside me as cars sweep up gusts of air as they zoom past to tickle the receptors going haywire within my body. And his presence remains on my left side, in between the traffic and myself.

"This is great, I feel great. I haven't been sober two nights in a row," I murmur again, giving Harry my unfiltered thoughts, and he snickers at my mind.

"I don't know if we can consider that great, babe," he mumbles to me as I softly laugh at him.

"No, I think we can, Harry," I murmur and my head turns up from staring down at our vans on the cement.

My eyes trace the lines of small shops along the sidewalk, and I instantly slow in my steps at the universe's offer in front of us which has Harry mutter things to himself as he attempts to get me to keep walking.

"Let's go," I murmur to the glowing sign welcoming the willing public that would dare enter the scene. My eyes light up as I swivel my head to find him running his other hand through his curls with a stoned huff puffing from his chest.

"For fuck's sake," he murmurs as he blinks at the shop in front of us.

I excitedly chuckle and tug our clasped hands to yank the door open with a bell chiming in our presence. "What the hell is this night–" he amusingly mumbles, and I grin even wider at the sin on every display and wall shelf.

"Hello," someone from the front chimes at us, and I smile wider, "let me know if you need any help," she smirks at the two of us.

I just nod, but I glance over to catch Harry reciprocating the smirk. "Since we're here," he mumbles as he reaches over to take up a basket.

I break out into a laughing fit and I bury my face into his tricep. He snorts, "This is all you," he reminds me as he guides me through the place.

My eyes are dilated in the new environment at the sex toys everywhere. We pass displays of nearly every size dildo you could imagine, and Harry keeps me going on my feet as I consume all of it without letting go of his hand.

He guides me into one of the rows, and we pass a woman shopping on her own with amusement on her face at the both of us. "Hello," Harry mutters without a care in the world, and I clamp my lips together to suppress my laugh with heat to my cheeks.

"Tough crowd," he murmurs as she walks by, and I chuckle again when I hesitantly find ourselves in a row of vibrators.

I slow my feet to a halt in curiosity, and Harry stops with me to look over my shoulder at the possibilities. I couldn't even fathom what all of them do, and how they'd feel. I never found any use for these things because my fingers have never failed me, but Jules sure as hell raves about these magic things.

"Tell me you've used one before?" His accented voice is thick in genuine curiosity as his chest is against my back.

I peek up over my shoulder at him to meet his burning emerald gaze, "No?" I murmur. His eyebrows quirk up as he hums softly, and leans closer to press his lips to the outer shell of my ear.

"We're adding it to our list," he murmurs, and my eyebrows knit together as his fingertips wander to each of them in search of one he wants as I just stare, baffled.

"List?" I scoff, and he chuckles into my ear to flutter sparks through my heavy veins.

He picks a box off the rack, and it's a black one that looks relatively simple. Tossing it into the basket, he pecks my ear. "Yes, a long fucking list, sweet girl," he whispers to have my legs near giving out from him already.

He draws his lips away and grabs my hand again to tear me away from this section as I scoff in a late reaction as he drags me with him through the store.

But all that matters is that smile on his face, the charmingly arrogant and devilish smirk on his face is my Harry again.

I can only smile at him without him realizing, and he sweeps a pair of fuzzy pink handcuffs off the shelf which widens my eyes further.

"Yes," is all he says to my reaction. I snort as I muster up the confidence to reach over for an item sparking my interest.

I rummage through the sets for my size and unrack a pink lace matching set. His jade eyes dilate as I offer it up for his approval, "I wouldn't last long if you ever wore that, but it's your body, w-whatever you feel good in," he mumbles honestly.

I glance down in wake of his words and picture the lace on my skin with a slight head tilt to assess it. And in a stoned decision, I turn to place the set into his basket to view him fail to hide his smirk as I pat his chest before walking away to keep browsing.

I reach up on my tip-toes for a set of silk ties and exhale when I finally get them off the rack.

I shift to Harry with that ridiculous smirk here to stay, "You want me to tie you up to my bed and take this pretty body anyway I want?" He lowers his voice as I'm inches from him, and I toss the set into the basket slowly filling.

I lift my eyes to his burning with curiosity. "I was thinking the other way around," a slow smirk finds its way across my face as he shakes his head at me in amusement with a nose scrunch of his.

I continue on, and hum to myself as I halt in front of a simple black silk blindfold that sparks my interest. I grab it and turn to face him as his eyes tear away from the plethora of possibilities in front of us.

I lift the silk up, "You into this?" I hold it taut over his eyes which has a nervous chuckle reverberating from his chest.

He reaches up, gently removing the silk playfully over his jade eyes as he lightly smiles down at me. "I'll do anything else, baby, but I need to know it's you," he wearily murmurs but his words only burn through me in more flushed heat.

I take his cheeks in my hands again and lean up on the balls of my feet as he awaits my backlash. "Just me," I murmur, and his lips twitch up with that sparkle slowly returning into his eyes.

He cancels out the space separating us, hidden between the aisles in this small store. "Unless Ni joins again," I joke into the kiss. He curses against my lips, and tears back to smack our lips apart with my laughter echoing through the shop.

"Oh, fuck off," he mumbles with a shove to my head which only elicits more foreign laughter.

I place the blindfold back on the rack, and quickly catch up with Harry again as he tosses various things into the basket.

And then glances back down at me, clueless to the items in his basket, with a smirk on his pretty face under the fluorescents.

"I think that's enough for now," he mumbles as he guides me to the checkout counter.

My cheeks flush when the woman looks over at the two of us, and then the basket Harry places on the counter. "Hi," he murmurs without any shame, and she grins as she smacks a piece of gum between her molars.

She begins scanning items in our basket, and I reach for my wallet but Harry slips his card to her first.

"My treat," he smirks in a whisper, and my body ignites hot as I shake my head at him right now.

"Harry–" I quietly grumble, and glimpse over to the soft chuckle of the lady working the counter.

"You two make a beautiful couple," she kindly tells us, and my heart misses a beat in my chest as if the flush in my cheeks wasn't enough to end me tonight.

"Well, we- I mean–" I begin, but Harry cuts me off to grab the bag filled with new toys off the counter.

"Thanks, have a good night."

---

that was a rollercoaster of a emotions. i went from crying to smirking with tears down my face. help.

smut's back in business next chapter, i'll see you soon.

love always and always,
h. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

477K 10.6K 29
{This story is copyright} "HARRY!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The guy punched my in the jaw and my body hit the floor. My vision blurred and...
3.7K 34 11
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...
3.7K 316 124
[COMPLETED JUNE 21, 2024] Kizalyn Reeves has fiercely fought to establish stability after a turbulent upbringing. While opening her tattoo parlor off...
10K 351 56
"I hate you." Was all I could manage to say, given the fact that I was battling my emotions. I just lost all four of my brothers, and I'm being take...