Chasing the Void (Magnates Se...

By ahiddenhaven

(Magnates Series #3) Azriella Dominique Laurel lost her family to a tragic explosion in a cruise ship. It tur... More

Chasing the Void
Panimula
Kabanata 1
Kabanata 2
Kabanata 3
Kabanata 4
Kabanata 5
Kabanata 6
Kabanata 7
Kabanata 8
Kabanata 9
Kabanata 10
Kabanata 11
Kabanata 12
Kabanata 13
Kabanata 14
Kabanata 15
Kabanata 16
Kabanata 17
Kabanata 18
Kabanata 19
Kabanata 20
Kabanata 21
Kabanata 22
Kabanata 23
Kabanata 24
Kabanata 25
Kabanata 26
Kabanata 27
Kabanata 28
Kabanata 29
Kabanata 30
Kabanata 31
Kabanata 32
Kabanata 33
Kabanata 34
Kabanata 35
Kabanata 36
Kabanata 37
Kabanata 38
Kabanata 39
Kabanata 40
Kabanata 41
Kabanata 42
Kabanata 43
Wakas
Author's Note

His POV

48.8K 2.4K 2K
By ahiddenhaven

His Point of View

"Axel Dimitry Laurel,"

The guy the same age as the interns started introducing himself in the group. He was smiling widely, shaking hands with the interns like some politician before the election. The interns find his friendly atmosphere warming that they also smiled back.

I remained separated from the group, I don't want to interact, it felt tiring. I am also not fond of talking much, it felt obligating to join their conversation even though it's unnecessary.

"May joke ako," that Axel guy announced like we were all required to hear it. We were inside the engine room, supposed to be taught about the structure of the machinery but the instructor left for a bit.

"May joke ako!" he repeated.

A few people chuckled, having fun at his attempt of throwing a joke out of nowhere.

"Ayan ka na naman, Axel! May baon ka na naman!" said Tristan, one of the interns.

"Dali na! Bago dumating si Engineer!"

He even cleared his throat, expecting that everyone was anticipating whatever joke he'll throw.

"Anong mangyayari kapag nahulog mo ang pulang sumbrero sa asul na dagat?" everyone waited for his answer. He was just glancing at them, looking excited to tell his joke.

"Sabihin niyo muna 'ano'!" he demanded.

"Grabe, required ba 'yon?"

"Oo! Para mas maganda 'yong joke!"

"E 'di ano?"

His smile grew more. "E 'di mababasa 'yong sumbrero!"

He's the only one who laughed at the joke. There was silence before the others began laughing because he's the only one who reacted. I was dumbfounded. I never understood why it was funny.

Why are they laughing? Isn't that what was supposed to happen since it was dropped in the ocean?

Was it that funny?

I've known him as that talkative guy who'd throw useless and humorless jokes randomly. But the other interns and instructors liked him because of his optimistic and approachable personality.

I have always thought of him as someone who'd do anything for people to get closer to him to get his way with things, to build forced connections, but I was wrong. That's just the way he is. That's just his nature. 

"Draisen!" he called me. "Tayo raw ang naka-assign sa bunkering ngayon."

I nodded and followed him. Captain Burgos was there as an instructor. I could see the glint of adoration in Axel's eyes as he watched everything in awe. Like a kid who saw magic for the first time.

"Ang galing talaga ni Captain Burgos, 'no?" he commented when we were heading back to the dock. "Mukhang alam na alam niya lahat ng operasyon sa barko. Parehong engineer siya tapos naging kapitan pa!"

He idolizes him so much that he talks about it every time Captain Burgos was the one handling the interns.

I don't get it. It's just normal that he knows a lot about the operations since he chose that path? What's so good about a person who's doing his job?

And besides, I don't like that man much. He makes it look like he's doing everything for Navis when in fact he hasn't done much.

"Dad!" he greeted Captain Laurel who came to visit Navis. He cleared his throat, embarrassed how loud he was upon seeing his father. "Captain Laurel,"

Captain Laurel was greeted by the interns. He checked on us while we were discussing navigation. I know him since he was close to my father. He has a bright personality very similar to his son.

He helped us a bit and I like how direct he is when discussing. There are no unnecessary remarks and it was brief yet understandable. He even helped some of the interns who were having a hard time understanding the sensors of the vessels.

"Baka tatay ko 'yan," Axel joked, teasing his father.

Captain laughed in a carefree manner just like his son. I could even see their resemblance. I only like how serious they are when it comes to the operation but if they joke around, they just looked....annoying.

As months passed, I noticed that they were afraid of me because I was always being direct and didn't talk too much. They looked intimidated maybe because I was a bit younger than their batch and my family owns the company we were interning to.

That Axel guy stood out quickly because he excels in every operation assigned to us. He was known for his leadership and for how sociable he is towards other people.

That was before...but it all went differently.

It was annoying if there's someone who'd change abruptly. Like the usual pattern was ruined just because he began to change. He acted very differently from his usual self though people wouldn't notice it quickly.

He doesn't throw useless jokes anymore and he seemed pressured and frustrated at times. He's not talking much compared to before.

It was like a completely different person. Everything seems forced and fake.

"May mangyayari raw na celebration para kay Captain Laurel?" asked Tristan excitedly.

"Oo, e." Axel smiled.

"Hindi ba kami imbitado? Mukhang pinaghahandaan ng Navis 'yong event!"

"Hindi ako sigurado kasi limitado lang, halos karamihan mga malapit na kaibigan ni Dad. Pati 'yong iilang mga crew na matagal na niyang nakasama."

"Gano'n ba? Sayang! Kwentuhan mo na lang kami, ha!"

"Oo naman!" I thought I saw a different expression from him for a brief second. "Tara kain tayo! Libre ko!"

"Ayos!"

I know about that commemoration party for Captain Laurel's 20th year of working with Navis. But I wasn't interested to attend since it would just be nothing but noise and I felt drained when interacting with people.

It was just a party, why would I attend it? It will just be like those social gatherings that I was forced to attend.

"Draisen," he called me. "Tayo raw ulit mag-aasikaso ng mga fuel tanks. Ilista raw kung tama 'yong mga bilang bago gamitin sa pagbunker."

I nodded and followed along. We went inside the room where the fuel was being stored. We were tasked to list down every fuel type accordingly for different vessels that would be refueled.

We were quiet the whole time as we did our job. It was peaceful that all we could hear was the waves and the breeze from the outside.

"Masaya pala," he began talking. "Masaya pala kapag ganito. Tahimik. Mapayapa."

I didn't understand what he was trying to say. It felt so vague that he's the only one who could understand it.

"Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit gusto ng kapatid ko 'to, iyong tahimik lang. Parang ikaw 'yon, e. Hindi magsasalita kung hindi kailangan." he chuckled. "Ngayon mukhang naiintindihan ko na kung bakit gusto niya ng ganito."

Then he's suddenly back to his energetic self. I just don't get it, why is it so abrupt? Does it have a pattern or does he have a mood disorder that he would suddenly change in a short amount of time?

It was irritating especially that I wanted to know why.

I didn't attend that party where they used the newly built ship for cruising. I lived in the building of the company so I could see what was happening outside from the glass wall. I could see some vehicles and a flock of people gathered and entering the cruise ship.

I decided to go outside to get a clearer view of it. My Dad attended the event since he's friends with Captain Laurel. There were lots of unfamiliar business magnates who were present. I watched as the cruise ship started sailing away from the dock.

Bored, I passed by the warehouses. It felt calming especially the breeze coming from the sea.

I wander around the premises watching everything. I smelled a familiar scent of fuel nearby, so I checked. I switched the lights on and saw some fuel spilled on the ground.

It was intriguing, though it could be accidental. I check some containers and noticed that a few were moved a little from their place. I checked the inside and noticed that it looked like someone used it.

I was bothered by it that I feel like something was off. I smelled each container and figured out that there was a different scent from other chemicals aside from the gasoline used in fueling the ships. 

Upon realizing what was happening, I hurriedly ran outside.

"I need a motorboat!" I said when I reached the dock.

"Sir Draisen," the guy greeted me but I was in a hurry. "May problema po ba?"

He looked confused but still gave me the key. I hurriedly went to one of the boats and started the engine. I immediately pulled the shifters and drove it fast. I was nervous that I can't compose myself properly.

Half an hour later before I saw the familiar cruise ship. I hurriedly drove towards it but stopped when I suddenly saw that huge blast from the ship. I was panicking, I went nearer that I got to see those people crying and screaming. Some were wounded and some were....dead.

There were getting into the lifeboats. The fire was still expanding, creating huge damage to the ship.

My body froze and I think my brain stopped functioning as I watch the fire eat almost the entire ship. I felt dizzy, hearing those screams and cries. My head is pounding hard that I felt like it would split into two.

"Iyong bata!" I heard someone screamed nearby and saw someone jumped from the lifeboat.

A kid struggling to swim back to the ship is what I saw. I hurriedly drove towards her before she drowns. She began sinking, I drove fast towards her, hoping to save her. I stopped and immediately jumped straight to the sea. I swam deeper towards her grabbing her and pulling her upwards.

"Pyrophobia,"

That was what they concluded upon examining me. I was always nauseated and I felt difficult to breathe each time I see a fire. I felt my head aching and my body trembles. Even a fire from a candle made me flinch.

I could still picture the people's screams and cries and that explosion happening in front of me. I suffered and I felt guilty that I wasn't able to do anything. I know there was something wrong but I didn't try to stop it. 

Many people died due to that explosion, including him. It was easy to find out the truth as we were able to hire professional investigators. All gathered evidence pointed at him, no one else but him. 

My parents didn't want the issue to spread, especially that almost all Captain Laurel's family didn't survive, only that girl. They didn't want to put all the blame on the Laurel's family.

I didn't get it, I was supposed to be mad. He was the one who caused it, though the reason was uncertain but he was the one who created that explosion, killing the lives of many. 

I still don't understand why. 

"Another article was published about Navis," said one of my informants. 

It was the same publishing company, Starlights Publishing. And that familiar way of writing, degrading Navis. There were even leak photos of some confidential documents. I find it amusing to know that she has her ways to ruin Navis. What for? For vengeance because of what happened?

The audacity of that woman even though my family did everything just to protect their family's name, even her. And now she's doing these things, without realizing that she's just helping me to get rid of those useless people trying to sabotage the company.

She doesn't know she's doing me a favor.

I erased any traces that would make her be suspected of all those leaked documents and those published articles. I made sure it was taken care of without letting my family know after I inherited Navis and became the CEO.

"Ito na rin, pasabay sa pagtapon." she handed me the trash bags. "Salamat pala sa tulong kanina."

I always knew that she was working in Navis and she's using it to get information that could ruin the company, but I didn't expect her to be working under maintenance. 

She was talkative, which I kinda expected. And she kept on desperately doing things just to go in her way. She even has the nerve to befriend and be closer to me for the sake of whatever her plans are.

Does she think I was that stupid to get manipulated? 

I noticed her carefree personality and the way she jokes around taking everything lightly, even forgetting what situation she has put herself through. It was brave for her to even try to treat me as if I'm dumb. 

"The lists of the people involved in that illegal drug deal," a piece of paper was placed on my table by the investigators I hired. I noticed that majority of the employees were involved. Now that I am the CEO, I wanted to remove every last one of them. 

Upon investigating, I meet up with people to get every piece of evidence and information I needed. I did it discreetly, making sure it wouldn't be affecting my work. I was walking outside the building with a woman whom I hired when I saw her. She was inside a car making out with some guy. 

I guess that was her ways, huh. She uses every means just to get everything she needed. She's that desperate. 

"Let go of me!" she yelled and tried resisting but I didn't let go. "I said let go!"

I found her inside the cabin room, looking drowsy and tied up on the bed. I already figured what was about to happen when we didn't come sooner. If I didn't found out about this illegal auction, what could have happened. 

She was crying, looking so weak but still tried to fight. She stopped resisting and sobbed. She looks vulnerable now very different from her usual self that I've always seen.

Or was it all a cover-up?

I was intrigued and I noticed she's doing everything even if it's reckless, even if it will cause her life. How can she act so carelessly? Can't she value her life more?

That's when I decided to keep an eye on her and assign her to my office for maintenance. Maybe because I felt guilty for what happened that I felt obligated.

"May gusto ako sa'yo," 

What a stupid reason to come up with. I just caught her inside the office, trying to get that envelope. I purposely locked it just to make fun of her. I don't care if she would find out what it is, it's not as if I'm hiding it from her. I just want to know how would she do it.

It's funny. 

Maybe I'll go along with it. 

"Then, shall we start going out?" 

I bit my lip when I saw her eyes widen and her jaw dropped. She was like a frozen screen. I have a hard time keeping a straight face, it was too funny. 

"W-What?" 

"You heard me,"

"W-Wait," she trailed off. "D-Does it mean that you..."

I know what she'll ask. 

"You like me?" 

"No," 

"Then why?"

I just want to know how far you'll go with this. I want to know how you'll use me and how you'll get to destroy and ruin Navis by this situation. That's about it. 

She acted so bravely trying to seduce me. Maybe she's used to this kind of way to make those pathetic men yield to her in an instant. Just thinking about how she's using that same kind of method to me makes me annoyed. 

Does she think I'm that easy? 

I stared at her, sleeping peacefully on the couch. After asking me those useless questions just to know more about me, she easily fell asleep. I stood up and walked towards her. I removed my coat and placed it on her body, she moved a little and shifted to a more comfortable position. 

She doesn't look stupid and annoying when sleeping like this. 

I sat beside her and watched her sleep. My gaze went to her face since she's asking me about physical appearance earlier. 

I glance at her soft-looking shoulder-length black hair. I noticed that she has hooded eyes and long lashes. Her nose looks small and her lips looked plump and red. She has tanned skin and some reddish spots on her face since she's worked under the sun in cleaning sea vessels. 

"Shit," she suddenly woke up, holding her chest. "Kanina ka pa ba diyan?"

She sat properly, looking bothered for some reason. She cleared her throat.

"Hindi mo ako ginising," 

I stood up and walked towards her. I stopped and leaned a little, holding her chin up to meet my gaze. I stared at her as she froze with my sudden gesture. 

I'm not done looking at you so stop moving. 

"I guess..." I crouched more and tilted my head a bit, gazing at her as much as I want. "I do find you a bit...attractive."

Ever since we started this "dating-for-experience" set-up, I didn't expect I'd be like the dog in the relationship, following each of her every demand even if I don't like doing it. It's tormenting yet I still oblige. 

Damn it. 

"Darius Leonix Velarde," my brother introduced himself to her. "And you are?"

Before she began talking, I quickly intervened. I went literally in between them because I dislike the sight of them interacting.

"You did your business, you have no reason to stay," I told him.

He smirked, amused at my sudden reaction. If he does get the hint, then he should just leave. I'm not even bothering her with his activities with other women, so he shouldn't be bothering mine. 

"Stingy," he commented. "Can't I be introduced to your employee?" 

"We're going out," 

I stated it firmly for him to stop since he's getting on my nerves. Though this set-up is just for the experience, I take exclusivity seriously. I don't like her to use anyone else, it should be me. 

I'm the one handling Navis, so I should be the one and only prospect for this.  

"What? You think we should increase this intimacy?" she raised both of our intertwined hands. "Since we're in a romantic place?" 

I didn't say anything. 

Well...

Should we?

"What are you thinking, hmm?" she was smirking, provoking me to say what's running in my mind. I remain to stare at her, I just want to erase that playful smile on her face and catch her off guard. 

Slowly, I cupped her cheeks, feeling the coldness from her skin. 

"You're cold," I stated the obvious, my gaze never leaving her. 

And before I knew it, I leaned closer and kissed her. 

It was weird, I never thought I would begin changing. I've always wanted to follow a single path, an organized one, but being with her felt like I'm starting to get to know myself more. 

I waited for those texts. I waited for those jogging routines every morning. I always anticipate what dishes she'll cook. I get frustrated every time I wanted to know what she's thinking. I even went as far as punching a guy who tried to touch her. 

It was as if I became insane. My mind isn't functioning the way I wanted it to be. 

I hated those changes yet...I completely yield in.

"Part your lips," I ordered. 

Her eyes widen and her lips parted in shock. I used that moment and pulled her for a kiss, releasing the frustrations I've been feeling every time she's with me. I pressed the button on her smartwatch to start the timer. 

She gripped tightly on my shirt, losing her strength. I kissed her deeply, my arms tightened embracing her small body. She was so shocked that she froze as I continued kissing her. 

That's it. Submit to me. I shouldn't be the only one losing myself. 

That's what I thought to myself, but when she responded, it turned the table in an instant. I flinched when I felt her lips moving languidly against mine. She knows exactly how to take authority without even trying so hard. She knows how to control things in her way. 

I was losing it, good thing the timer beeped, waking my rationality. I don't know what will I do if this goes on. It felt dangerous so I quickly pulled away. 

I almost...did something.

"You've burned fifteen calories in a three-minute kiss." I reasoned out, trying to save myself by focusing on that smartwatch on her wrist. "Your heart rate's still increasing."

Mine too. 

I licked my lower lip and breathed slowly. I discreetly glanced at my smartwatch and saw my own heart rate. It was even beating faster than her and it's continuously increasing. 

This is bad. 

It just made it worse when we were on the peak of the mountain we hiked for the disappointing camping trip. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her hair was flying around due to the breeze. She looks solemn as she smiled genuinely. 

"I'm glad I'm alive," she muttered. 

I unconsciously smiled. She looks beautiful being free like this. I hope she could smile more like that. 

"Didikitan kita kapag nagka-asawa't anak ka na?" she chuckled as we were heading down towards our tent. "Grabe naman, hindi naman gano'n katigas and mukha ko. Isipin pa nilang kabit ako e 'di dehado ka." 

I never thought of that kind of future. I only see myself as a businessman who would lead Navis to greater heights. That's it. 

"Then be my wife." I blurted out, when I suddenly saw her appearing in that future. 

"Grabe naman 'yon!" she began coughing so hard, looking nervous at my statement. "Hindi mo pa nga ako gusto tapos gusto mo kaagad maging asawa ako. Paano naman ako niyan?"

Oh, right. I guess I could wait. It's not going to work if it's one-sided, huh. 

"I'm comfortable with you," I randomly said. "We kissed and we slept."

"Iyon and batayan mo? Para naman akong aso no'n."

Nope, I'm certain I'm the dog in this relationship.

"I can't imagine doing it with someone else," I glanced at her with all sincerity. "I can only do it with you."

She began opening herself up, little by little. She tends to be playful yet I know she's been keeping all of the pain for herself. It's frustrating yet I don't want to force herself to rely and lean on me. If she just wants me to stay by her side, then so be it. 

But it just became more frustrating when we began confronting ourselves about our situation. She knew I have feelings for her. I am aware she has too. I thought we could start talking it out seriously but then she left and began talking with some other guy. 

Is that it? She's going for this to hide what she's feeling even if she clearly knows what it is. I drank the cocktail offered by the waiter. A few seconds later, I was approached by some random woman that I don't even know.

"Hi, Draisen! It's been so long, huh." the woman smiled, her intentions were evident. I glanced back at where Azriella is but got furious when I saw her interacting with that creature very closely. 

Azriella making out with those men in the past flashed in my mind. That angered me that I just wanted to leave. It was pathetic to feel wronged yet I was doing a childish thing such as getting back at her by making out with this woman whom I don't know. 

It felt different. It's just disgusting that I wanted to push the woman away and rinse my mouth in the restroom. I was about to do it when someone already pulled the woman away. 

It was Azriella. 

"Let's go home," she directly said. 

I obliged since I don't want to stay at that party longer. She is silent the whole ride until we reached the building. She tried wiping the stains on my lips, I can see the intense anger through her blank expression. She then kissed me torridly but I didn't respond. 

I like kissing her but I don't want her forcing herself to do it due to frustrations. 

And besides, I've been contaminated with the other woman's saliva. I want it cleaned before kissing her. 

"May gusto ako sa'yo..." she leaned her head on my shoulder. 

"You're saying it for real now," not to pursue manipulations, not to use me anymore. 

"Uh-huh," she whispered. "What will you do about it?"

Then you better be prepared because I don't think I could ever back away. 

"Let's make it real this time," 

There's nothing I'm not good at yet I am so clueless when it comes to being in this relationship with her. I even did research yet it was more complicated than I thought it would be. 

I'm following each process, yet she makes me feel that I'm messing it up. She kept making fun of me yet I kept on falling for every little thing I see in her. 

Can't we just skip this part and proceed to marriage already? 

I flinched with how desperate I sounded. That's definitely not right. I never thought I could act like a stupid fool around her. And she kept on treating me as if I am not fond of doing intimate things. I am just being careful, I never wanted was to force her. 

She has her decisions, always. 

That's why when she decided to distance herself after finding out the truth, I completely let her. I'd rather give her space than see her acting alright in front of me even though she's clearly not. 

It was hard, I want her to know that I'm here. I just want to take away all her pain, but I know I can't. This is her way of dealing with it, and if that would mean leaving me, then I will. 

I wanted to convince her to stay. I would never want her to leave. You don't have to be better and change anything, you're perfect enough and you deserve every happiness and love. 

But looking at her now, decided, and that smile on her face as if she mustered up her courage to come with a decision, I know I can't be selfish. I will support her, to every path, to every process, to every decision, I will stay by her. I'd rather have her choose herself more than anything. 

The only thing I could give her is assurance. That when she comes back, I will wait for her return.

"Mr. Velarde, anong masasabi niyo na marami ngayon ang nagpoprotesta na ipasara ang Navis?"

"Totoo po bang tinago niyo ang nangyaring pagsabog dahil sangkot kayo?"

"Binayaran niyo raw po ba ang mga pamilya ng mga namatayan para pagtakpan ang insidente?"

"Ipahihinto na po ba ang operasyon ng Navis?"

"May pahintulot niyo raw po ang nangyayaring ilegal na transaksyon gamit ang mga barko ng Navis?"

The content of the envelope was leaked by Starlights Publishing. It reached different media platforms, even digging confidential information of how Navis was involved with illegal crimes by the past employees I've fired. 

I know that this would soon happen, I know someone's manipulating Starlights Publishing. And I know that there are powerful people involved doing everything to ruin Velarde's reputation. It's not a new thing, but since it reached the media, they surely thought it would create a huge blow for us. 

I glanced at Azriella whom I haven't seen for a long time. It took all of my strength to stop going towards her. I just don't want her to be involved with me, not now as this issue is happening. 

"What's your plan now?" Darius smirked at me, visiting the mansion after being busy with Metal Rex. It affected his company since Velarde's name is brought to shame by the issues continuously leaking. "You knew who was behind this."

I didn't say anything as I grabbed the documents containing lists of people. It was not that difficult to find out even if the issue is being feasted in public. I just want to know its connection to the tragedy that happened years ago. 

"Want me to handle it?" 

"No," I replied. "I don't like your ways,"

He chuckled, his face expressed menace before he playfully gazed at me. "If you don't solve this quickly, I'll interfere right away." 

I know he could fix this in an instant. I just want to prolong and make use of the situation. I grab the documents and saw the copy of the invitation from that event that happened on that cruise ship.

I compared the lists of people involved in sabotaging Navis to the lists of people invited to that party. Most of it has similar names, including those who died in that explosion. I took a breath, realizing it. 

I knew it, Axel has plans upon doing it. 

Collateral damage. 

He managed to invite those people who are involved in that syndicate by using that party as a set-up to eradicate it. He knew it all along, even if it will take killing innocents. Being able to kill a lot of those people who were part of it, but isn't successful in killing the one who's behind it. 

"Where is he now?" I asked one of my skilled men who's working in our security. 

"Heading towards the hospital," he replied. "He's on his way now. He hired a person to kill Wayne Ortega who has been shot three days ago."

His hired men weren't successful in killing Wayne Ortage because I hired people to protect and keep an eye on him. I know he'll target Starlights Publishing to avoid being suspected if there would be an investigation that will happen. 

I went to the hospital with my men. I was prepared if anything happened. I fully got enough evidence to ruin every last of those people who were part of that syndicate, even to the point of proving Laurels' innocence of that tragedy. I can finally send them all to where they belong. 

It went exactly the way I planned. We were able to stop the men hired by Captain Burgos, preventing the murder of Wayne Ortega. It caused a huge scene inside the hospital but the man who is supposed to be here was nowhere to be found. 

"Where is he?" I felt uneasy. I was expecting him to be caught here with his men. 

I was infuriated, he can't run away from me. I'll do anything to make him rot in jail, including every person who's involved with him. 

"S-Si Riyel..." the daughter of Wayne Ortega approached me, crying hard. "K-Kasalanan ko. H-Hinayaan kong kuhanin siya nila. N-Natakot ako kasi baka may gawin silang masama kay Dad. Pinagbantaan nila ako..k-kaya...si Riyel."

I felt my heart beating fast upon realizing what I missed out on. I was livid that I want to kill everyone I laid my eyes on. I clenched my fist, drowning with my frustrations.

"I-Ito 'yong huling location na sinend niya..." she showed me her phone. 

We immediately went to that location but they were already gone. There was only the car left in which Azriella's phone was inside. 

"Shit!" I gritted my teeth.

I was desperate and I don't know how I will be able to find her. It has been a few hours already, I was getting mad every passing second. I was overthinking what could happen to her. I swear if they did something, there won't be a prison cell waiting for them, it will be hell. 

Using everything I got, I was able to track her location. Good things she was still wearing that smartwatch that I've given her. But I didn't feel assured as our powerboats went towards the location that we've tracked. 

Please be safe. Please. Please. 

"We detect the yacht where she's in," I got a call from my brother, Daxel. He is using a helicopter with his men to help me search for Azriella. "There's another boat, heading south. You would come across it in a minute." 

It was like what he said, there was another boat. And there I saw Captain Burgos and his men. They were immediately captured. 

"She's already dead, burned to ashes just like her family." the demon even has the audacity to laugh. Angered, I punched him with all my strength that his body was thrown on the sea. I also punched that another guy who I think was his son.

I have no intention of killing him, not yet. I'd torture him slowly after I found where Azriella is. We continued our search, following Daxel's navigation. We were able to find the yacht yet I was devastated to see it being consumed by fire. 

"Sir, ayos lang po ba kayo?" one of my men asked when I began trembling after what I saw. 

"Go towards it! Now!" I commanded. 

Our boats went towards it fast. I can feel my hand shaking as we get nearer. I have a difficulty in breathing and I feel nauseated. Before we reached the yacht, it blew up.

"N-No..." I muttered under my breath. Everything happened in a flash that all I could see are some parts of that yacht on the sea. "No..."

"Sir!" 

I quickly jumped and swam fast on where the yacht it. I was so desperate, adrenaline is rushing into my body. I don't care if it's dangerous. I want to see her. I just want to see her. 

It took me minutes before I saw her. I immediately pulled her up, my heart is beating so fast. The boat came towards us, helping me pull Azriella safely on the boat. 

I leaned over and put my ear on her chest but she was no longer breathing.

No, please. No.

I tried resuscitating her, desperate and terrified. I never stopped, even if it will take minutes or hours. I just don't want to let her die like this. 

Please, Azriella. Don't die on me, please. I'm begging you.

Everyone was silent as I kept ongoing. The looks on their face expressed hopelessness, just waiting for me to stop trying anymore. But no, I didn't stop. I can't stop. 

I felt my tears flowing on my cheeks as I continue doing CPR, until finally...I saw an indication on the smartwatch she's wearing. There was a heartbeat. 

She puked a lot of water but she remained unconscious. I leaned closer to feel her heartbeat. 

It was beating. 

She's breathing.

She's alive. 

"Seryoso ba talaga? Hindi ba magagalit sina Mama at Papa?" she asked me as she stared at the legal documents in front of her. "Wow, maka-Mama at Papa naman ako. Talagang kinareer ko na."

She laughed at herself. I got my documents and immediately signed them. I saw her eyes widen at what I did. She thought I was joking, she never thought this is the only thing I've been most decided in my life.

Marrying her. 

"Pero ayos lang kung ganito? Walang alam ang mga magulang mo."

"We could have a church wedding and invite them."

"Wow, e ano 'to? Pa-free taste lang?"

"No, this is all legal," I answered. "We're marrying for real."

"E bakit hindi na lang natin hintayin 'yong actual wedding?"

I frowned at her statements. Why is she hesitating now? She's the one who told me that she's ready to marry me. I was waiting for it my whole life, so we're doing this.

"Naisip ko lang na parang gusto kitang pakasalan." I imitated the way she said those exact words to me a while ago when we're inside the car. 

Her jaw dropped and her eyes widen more. Seconds later, she began laughing so hard. Even the person who will be officiating the wedding glances at us weirdly. 

"That's the first Tagalog sentence you've ever said!" she was still laughing.

I scowled, she's making fun of me again. She stopped laughing, probably realizing that I was pissed. She even exaggeratedly covered her mouth.

"Joke lang. Ito na nga, pipirma na. Baka magtampo ang bebe." she chuckled again. "Oh! 'Wag na simangot, akalain pa ni kuya nag-aaway tayo." she even pointed at the judge in front of us. "Baka hindi tayo ipakasal."

I glanced at the judge who easily got scared. I saw Azriella started signing the papers needed. I was silent as I waited for her to finish it.

"Tara na, gawin na natin 'to. Baka bawiin mo pa." she held my hand and intertwined it with hers. She then faced the judge. "Kuya kapag hindi mo kami ikinasal, aawayin kita. Matagal ko na gusto asawahin 'tong isang 'to kaya dapat makasal kami ngayon na mismo."

She then faced me, cupped my face, and leaned closer but stopped. 

"Ay sorry, akala ko magkikiss na. Na-excited lang."

I chuckled at what she said. I almost kissed her and forgot what was happening today. 

Damn it. She really has her ways to turn the table instantly. I just adore and love her so much. I don't mind many weddings as long as I'm doing it with her.

I just love her, every single thing. 

Her confidence.

Her intuitiveness.

Her wit and bravery. 

I love it all. 

Azriella Dominique Laurel–Velarde, the void that I willingly let myself get lost with. Because that emptiness made me feel whole, I don't mind chasing it for eternity. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 2.8K 34
Suarez Series I: Rhyne's Heartbeat A book about healing. Asher Jed Nam Suarez, the fourth of five Suarez siblings, is the epitome of warmth and light...
5.4M 7.8K 3
WARNING : MATURE CONTENT [ SPG | R18 ] #Desirable Maids 1
94.7K 1.4K 75
Apat na taon ng kasal si Shu sa isang lalaking ni minsan ay hindi pa niya nakikita o narinig manlang ang boses. Palibhasa ay hindi naman siya dapat a...
298K 4.2K 12
Anonymous: "LOOK! A well-known student in the campus, a candidate for Magna Cum Laude named Reeva Cordova, the good girl and achiever, gets fucked in...