Mirage of the Moon||TaeJin

By ukiyo_0701

A power hungry alpha plans to trap an omega in his greed to acquire immortality and limitless strength. An un... More

1. Prologue
2. The Prize
3. The Boy Who Lived
4. Into The Wild
5. Chasing Fires
6. Till I Find You
7. The Truth Untold
8. Dauntless
9. Fire On Fire
10. Arrival of Conflict
11. A Test of Will
12. The Trouble I'm In
13. True Colours
14. The Onset of A Storm
15. Cruel Intentions
16. Battle of the Beasts
17. Calling Me A Sinner?
18. Unstoppable
19. In My Blood
20. Beauty in Adversity
22. I Will Be Your Armour
23. Tug Of War
24. The Unfitting Warrior
25. When Alpha Claims
26. This I Promise You
27. Can I Trust You?
28. Disaster In The Air
29. Caught In A Lie
30. Of Love and Lore
31. In Mood for Malice
32. Thunder and Lightning
33. The Mystery of Love
34. Where Our Horizons Meet
35. Where The Mind Is Without Fear
36. War Of Hormones
37. Truth Begins to Show
38. Echoes of Tomorrow
39. Better Left Unsaid
40. Stay With Me~Pt. 1
41. Stay With Me~Pt. 2
42. Be In My Touch
43. Caged In Camouflage
44. The Price Of A Life
45. War of Hearts
46. All You Never Say
47. A Game of Thrones
48. Beyond Enemy Borders
49. A Losing Game
50. Desperate Measures
51. The World Could be Ours
52. What We Fight For
53. Rhapsodies of Change
54. Power Over Me
55. Half of My Heart
56. Legions Of Fate
57. A Twist of Fate
58. The Fault in Our Stars
59. Through the Storm
60. Because We Are Destined
61. A Heart of Courage
62. A Gift of a Dream
63. A Tryst with Destiny
64. Wings of Apocalypse
65. The Song of Surrender
66. The Birth of Tragedy

21. Alone, Together

3.6K 340 422
By ukiyo_0701

Taehyung’s P.O.V.

“No” I voiced walking ahead of him and heard him follow me.

“What do you mean no?!” I can tell he wasn’t expecting me to deny his demand.

“I mean no way you’re coming to the camps ever again” I tried not to let my anger rise.

Why can’t I? I’m going to go” he has been arguing incessantly, and I turned to face him.

“You’re pissing me off again…better not do that if you don’t want me to shut you up” I threatened and he scowled at me.

“What am I even supposed to do in here?”

“Look around maybe-” “It’s boring! There’s nothing around except emptiness and trees! Your home is practically at the edge of nothing!”

I frown feeling insulted…this little prick…he really doesn’t think before speaking, does he?

“You know what, I don’t care…find something…run around…anything! But this is the last time I’m saying this…You’re. Not. Going. Back. To. The. Camps. Ever. Again.”

I see his frown grow deeper, mouth tightening and I could tell he was ready to curse at me.

“The camps are no place for an omega anyway…so you stay your pretty ass right here and wait for alpha to come home, now stop glaring at me I have told you I don’t like it” I warn

He slaps my hand away as I try to caress his cheek and turns around without sparing me another glance to strut inside, grumbling loud enough to let me listen to his sassy mouth.

It takes me awhile to realize I’m frozen and watching that sway in his hips like a man possessed and told myself to breathe…he is really testing me in every damn way. It’s been more than a few days since I had kissed him, a handful of days since I have last touched him…and although I’m hurting here, it doesn’t look like Jin is even bothered about it.

I did try to ease myself, seeking release for my pent up frustration elsewhere, among my many favoured playthings...however it doesn't seem like that's going to work ever again...I felt like throwing up at how ugly their scents smelled. My trueblood angry at my pathetic attempt to touch any other omega than my mate. It felt oddly humiliating that my mate didn't want me, our bond making me seek madly for his scent to satiate the greed for him. I have had omegas offering themselves to me, worshipping me when I touched them, crowding about for my attention and yet how the tables have turned. I ended up drinking till I lost my senses and as customary was brought back home by Yushik. I feared I would lose control if I slept beside Jin that night and do something that would get him crying again. So I chose not to disturb him...and he as customary didn't even seem to have noticed that I hadn't been in bed with him the previous night, unbothered to check if I was even home.

I think I will be going crazy very soon…I have never fought a war this hard all my life…worse, I’m neither allowed to use my sword nor my strength.

“Taehyung? Taehyung!” My mother’s voice startled me and I turned to look at her only to see her frowning at me “where’s your head at?”

My mother peers over the stone railing of the open balcony to follow my gaze and I realized that I just got caught watching my mate when she smiled wide, adoring the omega from afar.

“Ah I see” she nodded knowingly “miraculous I’d say to find you spending so much time at home these days…I’m not complaining though…just saying it’s a happy surprise. Having a mate really has changed you, hasn’t it? Well, except for that ugly trueblood pride…I wonder what would cure that?”

Can she not tell how frustrated I am? I’m going practically nuts with need…I haven’t even scented him for the last couple days…that should be enough space, right?? How does he not feel this?? Aren’t mates supposed to go through everything together?! Why did I do this to myself?

I sigh loudly, not really in mood to acknowledge teasing…it’s pissing me off actually.

“Why don’t you go and help him?”

I turned my gaze back to my mate, who seems delighted to be showing off his gift as he regenerates the dead plants in the unkempt garden while a trail of attendants follow him about with wonderous eyes. While my eyes keenly follow my mate, I don’t like the way he sets his palm on those who offered to share their strength with him to help him heal the shrivelled shrubs till they were glowing in fresh green and bright with blooming buds.

“It doesn’t look like he needs my help mother…and I am shit at gardening”

“It is rather absurd I know but the clothes suit him…he’s so adorable” she’s been oddly doting over Jin and I don’t like it, I wonder where such soft emotions vanish to when she speaks to me. Guess it’s an alpha thing…our affection is naturally heightened towards an omega.

I sigh again watching Jin, no lies though…he looks just as stunning as in those pretty robes. Not really helping me though, what sort of punishment is this? And why the hell is he putting me through this?! And why!? God why am I even putting up with his godforsaken indifference towards me? I am his alpha for fucks’ sake! He is supposed to be enamoured by me…!! He is supposed to crave for my attention!! He is supposed to submit himself to me n feel pleased when I show my affections for him!

Why does it feel just the opposite here?!

Truthfully, I have been dealing with his loud demands very calmly for the last few days...call it my way of trying to be ‘considerate’ of him.

I took him to the tailor and got him clothes according to his preferences, and I didn’t even say a word against him as he stood there and chose whatever he wanted to wear. Yeah, so there was this little scuffle as well…can you blame me though…he acts completely fine with other’s touching him and yet snaps and roars when it is me!!

He’s lucky he’s my mate…I don’t like seeing him upset, anyone else would have been severely punished for such arrogance by now.

I didn’t even do much, just ended up breaking an arm of that pest who thought he could touch my mate.

What was absolutely ridiculous was Jin asking for forgiveness to them and worse he even made me pay the rascal for getting his hand fixed.

“He asked me to show him around Kleon” her words brought me out of my reverie and my jaw tightened instantly and I guess she realized my disapproval.

“There’s no need for that, it’s not safe…no one wants to believe me but I fear Jungkook is still keeping an eye on him. I know hyung told you about it, although he thinks I’m being paranoid but I have gut feeling-” “Taehyung you can’t possibly think about keeping him trapped in the castle all the time, if he wants to go about then let him. Why are denying him to go where he wants? He’ll keep feeling suffocated and that will only frustrate him more”

“He has been arguing with me to let him join the troops…not happening” I speak through gritted teeth “he pisses me off with his absurd demands, I don’t intend to be rude to him but he just doesn’t learn when to stop” I clear and she rolled her eyes at me “he asks of you what he believes he deserves…if that pisses you off, check who the problem is here?”

“Mother, don’t” I warn feeling agitated now “I’m telling you to stay out of this”

“Don’t you understand this is why you scare him? I don’t blame him though, you’re way too thick-skulled when it comes to your mate. You realize you’re only pushing him away by treating him like this-” “That’s enough!”

I snapped and saw my mother go silent and sigh loudly before she left me alone. I turned about to check on my mate and saw Jin’s eyes watching me as did the attendants with him.

Our gazes locked and I could see the confusion in his eyes, true he has been avoiding me like the plague although I’ve been very patient and non-snappy around him for the past few days. However, he doesn’t act like he’s scared of me though, always quick to prove his point, ever ready to curse at me, instant in telling me off whenever I tried to tell him to do something my way.

He looked away, going ahead tending the garden and chose to avoid me yet again. 

It’s better this way though, at least he has accepted to stay where I know he is safe…I doubt he’ll agree to staying here peacefully if he learns what catastrophe Jungkook is planning to get his revenge. It’s better if Jin doesn’t come to know…knowing him he’ll probably do something reckless which obviously I can’t allow.

“That-That doesn’t even make sense” I can’t believe this…is he messing with me or something?

“Why do you think Jungkook was so desperate to mark him” hyung says looking way too calm to be talking about something this serious…and absolutely startling…and completely unbelievable.

“Can you imagine what would that lead to? He would be an immortal monarch…no one would be able to dethrone him ever again”

This is ridiculous…what is Jin actually? I mean really…what more am I supposed to deal with?

“But then that would mean…I-” I can’t believe this, this is some beyond natural level shit…what sorcery is this?

“Yeah, who knows but you could actually be immortal” he shrugs stunning to silence “I mean he did bring you back to life and will probably do that as many times as you’d die. I don’t understand how that did not startle you before? Did you not think that kind of power is unnatural?”

Well, sure it is…male omegas usually are gifted…Jin just happens to have a more unique one.

But immortality?! That’s…that’s just nuts! I don’t even wanna live that long…who would want to go through this drudgery forever??

Eternally bonded to a mate who hates me from the bottom of his heart…some wild fate this is.

I broke out in a fit of laughter and saw hyung watch me like I had gone mad.

“What is it?” He asks finally trying to understand my hysterical outbreak.

“This is really funny though” I try to control myself “he is such a chicken…an alpha King who seeks an omega to steal his strength and be powerful…pfft! How pitiful! I feel for the poor omegas who have such romantic notions about marrying a royal!”

Hyung doesn’t look very amused though, however this really is funny even if he doesn’t agree…I mean talk about karma! Gotta thank him though, his shrewd evil plans led my mate to me…who’d have thought my omega would crash into me trying to run away from him? Destiny in the working I’d say.

Jin was made for me…he was mine to begin with, no force or power or evil plans of that weak dog would be able to stop me from claiming him…my fierce omega.

And as if on cue Jin entered the room where we were talking, searching eyes settling on hyung…not like I was expecting that he would be looking for me but honestly this blatantly ignoring me is beginning to get annoying.

Since his outrageous cursing at me, these last few days he has just been hiding from me. I let him be, thinking that if I give him some space to cope up he’ll probably come around. However, I was the fool…his will power is remarkable, I mean I have never seen an omega be this resilient and arrogant I think I’m just slowly understanding that it’s not working and he’s just pushing me further away…like I don’t even exist.

Something I can’t really accept now, can I?

“How have you been?” “I need to talk to you” he throws a sharp glance at me before saying the next words “in private”…and that was it…my days of holding back blown to smithereens in a matter of a moment.

“What do you mean private?!” I snap at him rising from my seat and marched up to him and saw him get instantly defensive.

“I mean I want to talk to him without you being around” he blurts without a flinch. The Fucking Nerve!

My fists clenched, he just had to find new ways to get me lose my head, isn’t it? I don’t get why is he like this!!? This-This impossibly rude!

“Omega don’t you test me…I’ve been overly understanding with you, how dare you throw insults at my face and avoid your alpha this arrogantly?! Don’t forget your limits!”

“I’m not…I just need to talk to him in private” I saw him gulp, fear palpable in his eyes as he took a step back from me, blinking furiously as he tried to deviate his attention towards hyung. Probably not knowing that infuriated me even more, and I loomed nearer anger obvious in my form “I agree to let you see him and you think you can demand anything?? What is it that you can’t say to me but only to him?!” I growl anger taking over me now, I can’t believe him! Asking me to leave the room…his alpha to leave the room because he wants a PRIVATE conversation with another alpha??!!

He stands silently…still denying to acknowledge my words…sometimes I really feel like he’s never gonna get what being mates means due to his stubborn hatred for me. I was beginning to get impatient now with his stiff silence.

“Omega-” “I need you to get me scent blockers Yoongi…I need my omega to be under my control…will you please help me?” He speaks out of the blue, ignoring me and talking to hyung with a determination you only see in someone exacting a revenge.

My insides numbed with fury to think my mate would try to hide his scent from me…it felt like an utter betrayal from my omega to ask for such a thing from another alpha.

Hyung looked alarmed to see my gaze flare to full red and so did Jin, who tried to step away from me but it was too late.

I hauled him up on my shoulder, unbothered of how hard he screamed to be let free as I marched out of the room.

“Taehyung! Stop this…he was being stupid okay? Don’t do anything in anger, you’ll regret it!” Hyung yelled after me as I carried Jin through the hallway.

“Let me go! What sort of an alpha treats their mate like this?! Let me down you animal!” He screamed clawing at my back while I held fast his beating legs. His breathing began to get ragged and he spilled involuntary little whimpers because his omega was now probably being forced to react to my rage and yet he denied to stop struggling.

His yells made many an attendant freeze and gape at us as I headed for our chamber.

“Oh god put him down Taehyung! Will you stop this already!!? What is it now?!” My mother hurried towards us and I intentionally strode into our chamber and turned to glare at the guards “don’t you open the doors till I ask”

“No! Let me down!! You monster! Let me go!!”

Jin begins to panic as the doors shut behind us, beating and clawing harder at my back till I march across the room to throw him on the bed and he instantly coils back, frightened eyes watching me very carefully.

“There!” I snarl enraged “you wanted me pissed, I’m fucking pissed now!” I grab whatever I could find nearby and smashed it to pieces, my alpha literally throwing a fit and watched Jin cower further into the headrest.

“You don’t like that I can control your omega, right?! You want to keep me away from my omega?! Aren’t you doing that already?!! Threatening to kill yourself so that you can end me, cursing at me without a care, avoiding your alpha like you can’t feel the way my wolf seeks for you, now you want fucking scent blockers??! What next huh? What new ways are you going to try to make me go crazy??!” I am too angry…my sanity seems to be close to failing me now “I don’t want to force you to submit but you just leave me no choice!”

I walk up to my cabinet, pulling off and throwing the stuff out till I grabbed what I was looking for…the cask of purple potion I had found among Jin’s things back at the camp.

“Hyung did not give this to you, did he? I have never seen him make scent blocking potions” I watched his eyes spark wide but he kept silent “I asked you a question omega!! Where did you get this?!”

“I-I…no…I had it…with m-me” he stuttered and I flung it to the ground making Jin whine and complain in return as the cask scattered to pieces, purple potion spattering onto the dark floor.

“You ever try to take stuff like this ever again without me knowing, that will be the end of my patience…I am warning you Jin”

“I want it because I want to go back to the camps, you won’t let me go there because I am an omega! But I was there when my scent was blocked, it was fine then!”

“It was fine because you’re stupid!!” I thundered and he flinched back “you stupid stupid omega, do you know what could have happened to you there while you lived and breathed among hundreds of alphas?! Do you have any idea how angry it makes me to think that I had allowed such a thing?! My omega sleeping among strangers for days! You’d have been dead meat if anyone there caught your scent! Or worse…taken without mercy! As an omega you need to be protected!”

He opens his mouth to counter but I cut him off and took a step closer to the bed “as my mate you are not allowed to block your scent off from me neither are you supposed to break my link with your omega! And as my mate you obey my decisions, so stop arguing and stay right where I tell you!”

“So that you and your stupid army can ruin my home?!” The words are loud and angry as he throws them at me.

I freeze staring at him…how does he know this? He wasn’t supposed to know this…

“I know! I know what you aren’t telling me…I know why you won’t let me go to the camps…why you’re so desperate to keep me trapped here” he roars at me, eyes filling up with tears “but I won’t let you do it! I won’t let you attack Eulan and my people…I will fight you with all I got…I’m not scared of you as much as I am to see Eulan suffer for some crazy king and an unbothered bloodthirsty trueblood’s insensitivity!!”

I stand stunned for more than a minute…I seriously can’t believe him, if it wasn’t for his scent I wouldn’t believe he is an omega…I mean look at that rage in his eyes-he really means to fight me!

He just called his alpha ‘unbothered bloodthirsty and insensitive when I’m enraged with him and yet stares back at me like those weren’t offences at all!

“How did you-” “Does it even matter? It’s true isn’t it? You’re planning to attack Eulan?”

“Do not interrupt when I am talking omega” I growl feeling disrespected due to his rude actions “I asked you who told you…”

“The General sent me a letter, telling me to be careful for a war was about to breakout between Eulan and Kleon, and that the King has set hunters around the castle to keep an eye on me” he drops his gaze low, afraid knowing I do not appreciate him accepting any sort of help from that fuckface.

“Come here” I speak low, my own seething anger held back weakly. He doesn’t move “I said come here Jin” I growl and he gulps loudly before crawling up to me where I stood by the edge of the bed.

I grab at his chin and make him look at me. Even if he is scared, I’d say he is doing a very good job of holding it back.

“What makes you think you can stop me huh?” His sharp eyes instantly zap to me “you think decisions of war between two kingdoms are taken after taking permission from a little omega throwing a fit on my bed?”
He fumes, breathing harshly through his nose but denies to back off.

“I will prepare my men to go to war against Eulan whether you like it or not” I voice sternly to make him realize he has no say in this no matter how hard he cries “blood will be shed be it Eulan’s or Kleon’s and I will win, like I always do…don’t force me to make you watch me behead your father just to get this point in your little head darling”  

“I hate you! You filthy beast! What have they even done to you?! He is my father!! How can you even talk like this?!” He screams, pushing at my chest with all he got but I kept my grasp tight on his jaw “the father who kept you caged for years and then sold you to a King who wanted to use you for your powers, and you call me filthy?! I don’t know how to have respect for such a man…” I scoffed and he froze, mouth parting as he inhaled sharply as lines of tears ran down his eyes “he is s-still my father” his voice is soft suddenly, utterly fragile as he says those words.

I feel a pang rise within my chest, seeing in him that same innocent hope as I once had…believing that a filial bond was unbreakable and could never fail to end up in treachery or inflict pain intentionally. I had fooled myself for years, telling myself that father could never hate me…it was that pitiful weakling crowned prince who hated me because father was so proud of my trueblood. He was…he was very proud of my alpha and denied to throw me out of the kingdom because I was a valuable piece in putting fear in our enemies. One look at my untamed alpha strength and even the strongest warriors cowered to their knees, my trueblood easily forcing them to give up.

I was an asset…and therefore I lived within the boundaries but far away from the palace, so that if needed I could be put down and no one would even notice.

“He doesn’t care about your stupid affection” I snarl “he wouldn’t care even if you died trying to save him”

Jin looks utterly confused as more globs of tears welled in his eyes as he stared at me, he was sobbing like a child now lips quivering as he kept repeating those same flawed words with a zeal, still stubbornly hoping for the affection that his father had forever denied him.

“Fool yourself however you want Jin” I lean down to match his level “but the truth is what you think doesn’t matter…neither does your wish…we were never that valuable to be listened to or cared for”

He presses his eyes close, sniffling loudly “why d-did you have to do this? Why did you-you mark m-me? He wouldn’t have planned an attack on them if he had marked me…it’s my fault they’re being attacked” he wails loudly now “I wish I had never left the ship…it’s all my fault”

A cruel jealousy speared through me to hear my mate accuse me of marking him, he is just being stupid I know. He knew better than to throw such blame on me when his omega reacted to my alpha without a hesitation, he knew that he belonged to me and I am not a coward like Jungkook…I fight for what I believe is mine not plan to fool n steal. I let go of his jaw and his head hung low as loud sobs tore through him in gasping shudders.

I sat down on the bed, practically disarmed of my anger to see my mate this distressed and broken in front of me and hesitantly set my hand atop his head, his soft fluffy tresses weaving in between the creases of my fingers as I tried to soothe him.

“Calm down…don’t cry like this, it bothers me” I sigh as I caress his head “it bothers me very much to see you upset”

I have a really strong urge to pull him to my chest and scent him, let him relax against me because my scent can soothe him, if only he tries to understand and acknowledge that.

Beyond my better judgement that is what I do, I pull him to myself and set his head against my neck and almost instantly I can feel his shudders go down, sobs softening as he instantly clung onto me, being too weak in his grief to keep up his arrogant indifference against me and nuzzled into my neck. I coil my hands around him and wait for his sobs to go down.

“You say you hate me Jin but I am, and forever will be the only one to stand by you, your alpha will take care of you and protect you no matter what…even if you disregard me and curse at me and never show me any affection whatsoever…I will be there for you…”

I am not sure if he believes my words, he doesn’t say anything, soft muffled sobs the only sound around us. His scent still shows how terrified he is, not sure if it’s because of my anger or the concern he has for something that doesn’t even bother about him…they literally sent him to Kleon to serve someone else’s selfish schemes.

“Please don’t l-let him hurt my people…I-I will do anything in return…please…you know you can stop him” he clings onto me harder, revealing his fears and being brave enough to finally show me this vulnerable side of him.

I don’t know what to say to him, as a Commander of an army I can’t possibly let my weakness towards him guide my decisions. More importantly, I only agreed to be a part of this attack because his father has threatened to take my omega away from me because Jungkook had refuted the agreement of peace, so now Eulan wants their wager back.

Tsk…like that would work…never again is Jin leaving Kleon.

“If we don’t, Eulan will be attacking us” I try to explain but not too much “this war is inevitable Jin”

“I’ll do anything…I’ll talk to my father…I’ll tell him not to attack, then there need not be a war, right?”

I want to laugh at his stupid hope…his innocence makes me feel soft, if only things were that easy.

He pulls his head back, and stares at me with large innocent eyes “I can stop this war.”

Well, imagine a teary-eyed omega saying that he can go against thousands of angry, prideful, blood-seeking alphas and eons of history that has established the power of violence against peace while looking like a pretty and fragile little doll on my lap…like seriously, what do I do with him?

á na márië.

[A\N] I did say this story is going to be different from the romances I usually write... it's a challenge for myself as well but I'm trying to do it as I have it planned in my head 💜

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 403 15
Jk ~ i won't accept you as my alpha! All alphas are just full of lust ! Leave me ... Tae ~ believe me my love, you are my mate .. will i hurt my own...
486K 23.3K 53
•Werewolf AU Taehyung is the son of one of the most powerful Alphas in Korea. Unfortunately that is why his life has been a living hell all these ye...
321K 11K 63
Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook are fated mates, they live in a system where people are ranked in three different breeds of human wolves. Omega, Alpha...
427K 15.5K 30
Kim Taehyung, an Alpha meets his mate, another Alpha, Jeon Jungkook. Little does he know, that his life is about to change for the better. (WARNING)...