𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄 ✔

By Delirus

❝ 𝐼 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑓 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔 ❞ He knew how wrong it was. Even though he knew it and repeat... More

ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ғᴏᴜʀ
ғɪᴠᴇ
sɪx
sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛᴇɴ
ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ
sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ
sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ
ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sɪx
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sɪx
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ sɪx
ғᴏʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
ғᴏʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ
ғɪғᴛʏ
ғɪғᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ
ғɪғᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ
ғɪғᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
ғɪғᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ
ғɪғᴛʏ sɪx
ғɪғᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ
ғɪғᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

ғɪғᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ

30.3K 1.1K 131
By Delirus

𒊹︎︎︎ Hidden Letters.

Inez came out of the car and stared at the house she had spent her childhood in. Nothing had changed since she moved out of here almost an year ago.

Theo took out their small backpack with their clothing and grabbed her hand. They walked towards the front door of her previous abode as her throat tightened up in reminiscent memories.

Today, Theo and she had come back to New York after a long flight. They had some work at the main branch of Benedict Corporation and had to make arrangements to make the office in London the main one.

They had decided to stay at her previous home until their stay and Inez couldn't be happier.

The door opened as the cold air inside the darkened house hit her like nostalgia. Theo looked down at her to make sure she was ok while turning on the lights.

"I had my workers come and clean the house every month" Theo said as he saw Inez looking around sceptically at the clean surroundings.

"Oh" she replied simply while walking inside and tracing the patterns on the cream wall.

Theo sighed as he closed the door behind him and followed her "You hungry?" he questioned to which she just nodded.

He understood that she needed some time alone right now. He kissed her forehead softly and walked into the kitchen, he had already asked his men to supply some basic necessities.

Inez walked into her parents' room and everything still looked the same. The same blue sheets neatly folded and the white pillows on the head of the bed.

Tears filled her eyes as her eyes fell on the photo frame. Her grandparents, her parents and she herself were smiling happily in it.

But everything felt like a facade now. She now knew her grandfather's real face and hated him with all her might.

She ran her hands through the wooden closet and opened it slowly. It was the first time she had entered their room after their death.

She never had the courage to accept that they were no longer alive. She couldn't accept that she was left alone in this world before.

But now she knew she wasn't alone. She had Theo, her greatest strength and the love of her life.

She let out a choked chuckle as her gaze fell on her Dad's shirts. All blue and nearly identical shirts lined up his wardrobe. He said, choosing shirts was a waste of time so he always bought the same color.

She next saw her Mom's dresses were creased and hung low from the hanger. Just like her, she never tried to keep her clothes properly. Inez shook her head as she slid her Dad's clothes towards the side to keep her Mom's clothes properly.

When suddenly two pieces of paper fluttered down and fell on the cold marble floor. She frowned as she bent down to pick up the two envelopes and gasped when she read the name written on them.

● ● ●

"THEO!"

Theo flinched in surprise when he heard Inez's voice. He rushed out from the kitchen and towards the room she was in with a half-made sandwich in his hands.

"W-What?" he questioned desperately when he saw her standing near the closet while clutching two envelopes.

"I-It.." she turned and looked at him with wide eyes while gulping down her sob "It's for you" she breathed out as his brows creased in confusion.

"What?" he questioned again while walking towards her and standing right in front of her, looking at the two letters.

"T-Theo these are for you!" she exclaimed while showing him his name written on top of the envelope "from my parents I think, it fell from their closet"

At this, Theo stilled. His gaze fixed on the envelopes as he examined his name written in cursive, that writing looked oddly familiar. But he didn't understand why Timothee would write him a letter.

"He hated me right?"

Inez saw his dilemma as she placed her hands on his cheeks which made his gaze land on her "Are you ok? We can read it later if you don't want to right now" she whispered softly as his whole structure visibly relaxed.

He kept the sandwich on the nightstand as he dusted off his hands and wrapped them around her waist while pulling her closer. He rested his forehead against her's and sighed "Thank you, my love"

Inez pecked his lips and offered him a small smile, but his next words surprised her.

"But I want to read it now" he whispered in a low voice as he pulled away and sat on the couch while pulling her to sit down on his lap "let's read it now"

Inez nodded as she handed him the letters, which he took gratefully and heaved out a heavy sigh while opening the one which looked a little older than the other envelope. A letter came out of the envelope.

He gulped as he started reading.

● ● ●

Dear Theo,

I don't know how to start this letter, this is probably my 6th try in writing to you just because I don't have the courage to talk to you face to face.

First of all, how are you?

I know I didn't ask this question much when you were still around and just assumed that you were alright because you were more mature than others. On the way, I forgot that you were just a child too.

I believed whatever my Dad said, I assumed that you disrespected him, disrespected our family name and you were responsible for his weak health.

I assumed a lot of things.

I cannot begin to imagine the pain you must have went through when you needed someone, but no one was around. All my life, I thought I was the one who was betrayed by my little brother but when I found out the truth...it broke me.

Yes, I know what happened to you when Father had his first stroke.

You went to him to take back what rightly belonged to you. I didn't know what happened for years, even after his death I didn't have the courage to watch the CCTV tape of the office.

I was a coward.

My whole life, I danced around my father's fingers. Never doubted him, never questioned him. But now that I look back, I know I should have. Maybe then, I could have helped you.

Maybe then, you wouldn't had to go through the horrors that you did.

I found out about the child traffickings and sexual harassments against my dad. I found out about the day he made you sign that document when you were just 11, the day I left you with him even though you begged me not to with your blue eyes shimmering in fear.

I left you.

It has been 8 years since you left and the memory of me blaming you for everything when you were just trying to protect me, still haunts me.

I wonder how are you now? Do you have a girlfriend or a wife? I see you almost every day on TV with the same kind smile you had as a kid, you seem so close yet so distant.

I want you to start a family Theo, I don't want you to be alone anymore. And, start your family with someone who deserves you, not with someone like us.

And, Henry was the one who helped me. I approached him after watching that recording in the office and he told me everything with the proof of my Dad's misdoings that you hid from the world.

You shouldered all this alone.

I told Henry not to tell you anything because I wasn't ready to face you yet. That's why I'm writing this letter hoping that someday I would be able to give it to you. Maybe you could find it in your heart to forgive me and then we could be the family that we wished to be.

All I can do now is hope. Hope, that one day we'll be those brothers again. Hope, that one day we'll look back and laugh at our memories. I love you, Theo. I'm sorry I didn't tell you enough. I'm sorry I couldn't be the brother you needed.

I'm sorry I failed you.

From,
Your Brother.

● ● ●

Theo's whole form shook as tears streamed down his face.

"Theo" Inez whispered as circled her arm around his neck and buried her face on the crook of his neck "Don't cry, at least my Dad knew the truth and loved you till the end"

He sniffled lowly while wiping his tears by the back of his hand "Yeah" he said as his hold around her tightened "It's like a huge burden is lifted off me"

She looked up at him with eyes laced with worry as he kissed her forehead and cupped her face "I love you" he muttered "I know my brother might come back from heaven to kick my ass because of this, but I won't stop"

Inez chuckled as she kissed him on the lips "I love you too"

Then, Theo felt something solid in the envelope still as he looked at it with a confused look.

"What's wrong?" Inez questioned.

"There's something else in here" he said as he emptied the envelope and a photo slipped out. Theo's eyes widened as he took in a sharp intake of breath and that's when all the memories of Timothee's wedding day came rushing back.

● ● ●

It was time for the family photo now. Theo's smile faltered.

His father and mother joined the newlywed couple on the stage as his brother's gaze fell on him. He gestured Theo towards the stage but Theo didn't dare to move from his spot.

His father's glare rooted him in his place.

"Let's go get ice cream!" Henry came again, trying to console the child.

Theo's eyes watered as his jaws clenched. He looked at his brother who had his whole family around him, his own parents and now his wife. Then he looked back at himself.

He saw nothing but darkness. He had no one to call family, no one to call home and no one to love him selflessly.

"You're alone! Everyone will leave you eventually anyway!" his mind would shout every once in a while. His feet pushed the ground as he took off towards the main gate, out of the gloomy room.

"Young Master!" he could hear Henry and Liz's voice from behind but he ran.

But before he could run out of the huge hall, a harsh grip around his forearm halted his movements. He looked back in surprise to see Tim gripping onto his arm while huffing lowly, indicating that he just ran to catch him.

"Come on now, Theo" Tim said as Theo shook his head.

"But—" he started but Tim cut him off.

"You don't need to worry about anything, it's time for the family photo so let's go"

Family.

Being the obedient kid he was, he followed slowly behind Tim up onto the stage. All the while ignoring Wilfred Benedict's glare.

Diana smiled widely at Theo as she bent down a little and wrapped her arms around him while Tim put his arms around her shoulder.

● ● ●

Theo stared at the photo in disbelief. He couldn't believe that he forgot about the most important part. The good part.

His brother was always there for him, he just needed to talk.

"Is that you?" Inez whispered as her fingers traced Theo's babyface in the photo and then travelled to her Mom and Dad.

"Yeah. I was so busy feeling bad for myself that I completely forgot about the one who cared for me" he whispered back as Inez ran her fingers through his hair.

"It's ok, Theo" she consoled as he leaned into her touch and closed his eyes while letting out a tired sigh. Surely today, took a toll on him.

Another piece of paper slipped down as both of their gazes fell on it.

The second letter.

____

Did y'all like this chapter?

please vote, comment and follow!x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...