Mirage of the Moon||TaeJin

By ukiyo_0701

A power hungry alpha plans to trap an omega in his greed to acquire immortality and limitless strength. An un... More

1. Prologue
2. The Prize
3. The Boy Who Lived
4. Into The Wild
5. Chasing Fires
6. Till I Find You
7. The Truth Untold
8. Dauntless
9. Fire On Fire
10. Arrival of Conflict
11. A Test of Will
12. The Trouble I'm In
13. True Colours
14. The Onset of A Storm
15. Cruel Intentions
16. Battle of the Beasts
18. Unstoppable
19. In My Blood
20. Beauty in Adversity
21. Alone, Together
22. I Will Be Your Armour
23. Tug Of War
24. The Unfitting Warrior
25. When Alpha Claims
26. This I Promise You
27. Can I Trust You?
28. Disaster In The Air
29. Caught In A Lie
30. Of Love and Lore
31. In Mood for Malice
32. Thunder and Lightning
33. The Mystery of Love
34. Where Our Horizons Meet
35. Where The Mind Is Without Fear
36. War Of Hormones
37. Truth Begins to Show
38. Echoes of Tomorrow
39. Better Left Unsaid
40. Stay With Me~Pt. 1
41. Stay With Me~Pt. 2
42. Be In My Touch
43. Caged In Camouflage
44. The Price Of A Life
45. War of Hearts
46. All You Never Say
47. A Game of Thrones
48. Beyond Enemy Borders
49. A Losing Game
50. Desperate Measures
51. The World Could be Ours
52. What We Fight For
53. Rhapsodies of Change
54. Power Over Me
55. Half of My Heart
56. Legions Of Fate
57. A Twist of Fate
58. The Fault in Our Stars
59. Through the Storm
60. Because We Are Destined
61. A Heart of Courage
62. A Gift of a Dream
63. A Tryst with Destiny
64. Wings of Apocalypse
65. The Song of Surrender
66. The Birth of Tragedy

17. Calling Me A Sinner?

3.8K 356 264
By ukiyo_0701

Third Person’s P.O.V.

“What was that?” Taehyung asked still warily gazing at Jin as they sat in the carriage, heading back towards the North Gate castle.

“There has been no trace of thirteen royal officials…they said they had no idea about what happened to them” Ha-Yoon spoke, petrified eyes fixed on the still unconscious omega lying guiltlessly comfortable in the trueblood’s arms.

“Umm long story” Jisoo began with a sigh, stealing a glance at the omega as other eyes came to settle on her seeking for a better explanation “I’m sure you must know by now he is a little out of the ordinary” she gave a feeble smile not knowing how to actually explain “no worries though, he isn’t that scary unless he feels threatened, that side of him only comes out when he is pushed to the brink”.

“I just saw my mate kill thirteen people without even laying a finger on them” Taehyung tried to drive in the fact how terrifying the scene had been and didn’t understand how the princess could sound so casual “and you’re telling me I shouldn’t be worried about that?”

“Well, should have thought about asking your questions before marking him Commander. You’re stuck with him now” she shrugged simply stating facts “if I were you, I’d be more worried about how furious he’s gonna be when he wakes up…I don’t know the rules around here but in Eulan, alphas are supposed to court the omega they desire before marking them” she spoke as her eyes gazed at her brother before she looked at the trueblood again, it’d be a lie if she said she didn’t feel that loud intimidating aura of the trueblood while sitting a couple feet away in the closed compound of the carriage.

Truthfully, she was scared for Jin…brought to an unknown land to be mated to an unknown alpha and now he had ended up being claimed by a trueblood, her brother sure had a way of drawing attention to himself wherever he went.

Affection coursed through her as she thought how troubled he must have been, she could only imagine the horror he might have had to live through the past weeks after the scene she had witnessed the last day “and don’t worry about the royals accusing him or planning for his punishment” her eyes set on her brother again as her gaze turned proud “they are too scared to deal with him anyway, I bet they’re gonna make it a point to stay away from him in future”.

She leaned closer, a hand reaching to touch her brother when a low growl warned her to stop. She looked up to see the trueblood looking at her with murder in his eyes, his arms coiling about his omega a little tighter as he pulled Jin closer to his chest, not appreciating the idea of letting another alpha touch Jin.

“Relax…I’m his sister, I’m not going to hurt him” she assured trying to check Jin’s pulse which seemed to be very low “it’s going to take him some time to recover from that” she spoke almost to herself.

“You see, he is gifted with the power to regenerate…and although the gift of healing sounds very pure and superb, Jin can only transfer energy…he borrows from one to heal another, like a mediator you know. Even if it’s himself…he needs to borrow to heal” she spoke trying to help him understand as best as she could “so when you were wounded fatally and were practically dying right before him, your wound affected him because of the bond you share, he must have felt like it was his life that was being threatened. The blink of furious explosion that you felt was actually him drawing energy from those thirteen officials his omega had detected around and he transferred it to you to help you heal your wounds…at that time saving you was his priority, so he reacted without thinking.”

She gulped stopping there as she remembered how Jin had tried to bring their mother back from the dead when he had stolen energy from thirty people and had ended up killing them instead, and learnt the hard way that even such a wonderous power had its own limitations.

“I have something to ask” Taehyung spoke, his eyes grimly fixed on her hand that was still on Jin “what is this?”

He showed his right hand to her, an angry reddish purple mark shaped like a double infinity seemed to have been imprinted on the inside of his wrist.

“How-when did this happen?” Jisoo seemed frozen at the sight.

“Right when I marked him…it still kinda burns” he checked the mark being confused about what it could mean but his annoyed gaze was quick to move to fix on Jisoo’s hand again as she grabbed at Jin’s left hand, turning it to check his wrist.

Taehyung was this close to ordering her to stop touching his omega when his eyes froze at Jin’s wrist, a reddish purple sign of double infinity was etched on him as well.

“Wow…” Jisoo looked at him with dumbstruck eyes “looks like his omega was quite eager to claim you as well”.

However, she did remember their mother’s words, the warnings blaring in her head but there was nothing to be done now anyway…Jin had been marked, that too by a trueblood and although his days of being hunted down might be over, little did they know about what the future might hold.

“Is this-did he do it?” Taehyung checked their marks again, placing his hand right by Jin’s to make sure it was an absolute replica “but he didn’t even touch me…” “He didn’t need to…I doubt he’s even aware that he can do that. It’s actually kinda like a marking between your wolves, you put your mark to claim him and his omega claimed you in return” Jisoo informed, it was difficult for her to be sure about everything as well. So, she decided to hold on to her silence as she sat gazing at her brother...hoping, praying that their father’s wish to negotiate for peace and use Jin as a wager would not backfire to become a catastrophe for all.

Taehyung didn’t know how to react to that and simply let his eyes stay on Jin’s sleeping face, as he lay peacefully snuggled into his chest. An inadvertent little smile curved at the edge of his mouth to see the omega’s other hand clutching at his shirt in his sleep “cute” he spoke pressing his nose to Jin’s temple.

He couldn’t help but admire, the pretty red and white silk robe made Jin look even more stunning, the vibrant colours complimenting his pale skin. He clasped gently at the hand clutching onto him, feeling his trueblood going delirious with excitement to be holding his mate to himself. Truthfully, he had never felt this happy, Jin’s scent seemed to be turning up his serotonin levels to an absolutely ridiculous amount of high. He wanted to literally cover himself in that scent and wanted Jin to be smothered in his scent as well.

His insides were pining to complete the claiming, and the more his gaze traced his mark proudly striking out against that ivory skin, the more his need to mate with his omega and consummate their bond rose.

“Taehyung the carriage is growing a little too stuffy” Ha-Yoon voiced coughing into her fist, the two other alpha’s accompanying the trueblood could feel the sudden spike in his pheromones “it’ll be better if you calm yourself down a bit.” 

Well, honestly he didn’t want to calm down, it didn’t make sense to do that when he already felt so good.

And hence the rest of the journey became a struggle for him as he at times lost the fight and impulsively nosed at the side of Jin’s neck, then cursed his alpha to control himself and straightened back up, awkwardly clearing his throat to just coil his arms a little tighter and assured himself that his omega was completely safe and protected in his arms, like he should be.

Yushik was already waiting for them at the gate, along with the entire train of attendants, guards, cooks, stable boys and everyone else who resided at the North Gate castle. They had been scared to think what might have happened to the lady or the omega who had been abducted but were more terrified when their trueblood master had learned about it and left his home in a rush being driven completely insane in vehement rage. 

The carriage halted and they watched with anticipation as Lady Ha-Yoon stepped down, followed by another lady who seemed to have come in friendly terms. But it was when they caught sight of their master emerging from the carriage holding the omega prince in his arms that they realized that everything was going to be alright now.

Everyone seemed to be delighted at the realization that the trueblood had finally found his mate, well almost everyone…Yushik was the only one who seemed to be dreading the thought of having such a dangerous omega, who could make a trueblood kneel before him, living in their home. Somehow it made him very sceptical to think that things would be delightfully pleasant from here on.

Jin was still a little disoriented as he felt his senses finally coming back, his head felt heavy and he felt like he had wrestled with a giant because of the way his bones seemed to be aching. He groaned turning to a side, the scent surrounding him felt so very comforting that he practically dug his face into the pillow, rubbing his nose to catch every bit of it and inhaled loudly feeling a pleasing contentment filling his chest.

He could hear little murmurs growing around him till his senses finally gushed back in realization.

As he tried to open his eyes, long lashes fluttering as he slowly let his eyes settle taking in the appearance of the place where he currently was, he realized for some odd reason it looked very similar to the chamber from where he had been abducted.

Jin’s eyes went wide, suddenly aware that indeed he was back in Taehyung’s chamber and he sat upright, wincing a bit as his neck stung. His frenzied vision hopping from one unfamiliar face to another as the attendants huddled around him till his gaze moved to the door.

“Wh-What…why…who…?”

“I’ll let Master know that he’s awake” “Are you feeling well Prince?” “We’re here to help you, tell us what we can do you for you” they bowed a full ninety degrees in front of him as he kept gaping at them being completely confused and still a little disoriented. But despite their hundred and one concerns he believed he needed to get out of there, the last thing he wanted was to face the trueblood right now.

He remembered what Taehyung had done, it wasn’t like he could forget how he had used his alpha powers to actually make him submit, he had marked him without his consent and Jin was both alarmed and furious at the thought of being claimed by the trueblood.  

“I’m fine…I just…just need to…go” he stumbled a bit, grumbling inwardly as he gathered the annoyingly flamboyant silks that kept disrupting his steps to head for the door.

The attendants were startled to hear him, they couldn’t understand if he meant to ‘go’ look for his alpha or as in ‘go’ away because the later was an absolutely ridiculous thought…like why would an omega even think about going away from their alpha?

However, they didn’t need to think too hard because before the omega could step out of the chamber the trueblood stepped inside making Jin freeze in his spot.

“I’m really glad to see you finally awake” he walked nearer making Jin backtrack “I was beginning to get restless you know” he grinned watching the omega anxiously stare at him as he stumbled backwards.

“I see you haven’t changed your clothes either” Taehyung noted taking another step forward and in return Jin took a step back again.

“Waiting for me to help you?” The question was a blatant tease as the trueblood grinned wider as he took another step closer towards Jin only to see Jin take a step away from him again.

“No, thank you” the omega spoke taking another step back, almost as a reaction when he saw Taehyung take a step towards him.

The attendants watched with utterly confused eyes to understand what was going on, it seemed like some sort of an odd game the two were playing.
Taehyung noticed it too that Jin was desperately trying to keep a distance between them as he kept stepping further away, the more he tried to close the distance.

“Leave, all of you” he spoke glancing shortly at the others before his gaze came back to settle on his omega.

“What are you doing?” His voice was a bit annoyed at the omega’s still indomitable resistance. He hadn’t expected this, wasn’t omegas supposed to be very docile and abiding and desperate for attention from their alphas?

“What are you doing?” Jin inquired back, not accepting defeat as he hastily backtracked to see Taehyung take a few rushed steps towards him as the trueblood began losing his composure now.

“Stay there…stop” “No…you stop” Jin headily denied to listen to the order, angry eyes glaring at the alpha. 

“Very well” Taehyung’s voice went low and angry as he chased after the omega now, who broke into a run fearing what new ways the alpha might have planned to torment him this time. However, Jin shrieked being pulled into the trueblood’s arms in the next second because the omega was too slow due to those godforsaken gaudy robes that kept hindering his movements.

“Still going to keep this up, huh?” Taehyung spoke holding tighter to the other when Jin began struggling “what’s the point of fighting me anymore? I claimed you omega…you’re all mine now”

Jin could sense the arrogance and authority in those words, making him want to crush his fist on the alpha’s face “you-you monster! Let go of me!”

“Let’s not be rude now love…I’d rather prefer being called alpha” “Never!” Jin thrashed infuriated “you’re not my alpha! I did not agree to it and I deny to!”

The words seemed to have a tormenting effect on both of them. Taehyung growled, his lighter mood instantly shifting to an angry one sensing the disrespect from the omega while Jin yelped feeling the mark on his neck stinging cruelly at his bold rejection towards his mate.

“Behave yourself omega…I’m being really considerate and understanding with you but do not push me too much”

Jin realized the trouble he had now been pulled in, the mark was still stinging furiously. It was as if he was being punished for his insolence to dare offend his alpha and the pain made him feel light-headed. For a moment his senses blurred and he barely had any strength to resist when he realized the trueblood was dragging him somewhere across the large chamber.

“Look at yourself…”

The deep voice at his ear made Jin strive to clear his vision only to see that Taehyung was currently holding him in front of what seemed like a full sized mirror, and it was now that he slowly began to understand how pathetically weak he looked. The back of his head was practically resting against Taehyung’s shoulder, his eyes seemed blurred and moist and his mouth was parted and quivering as he battled with the pain in his neck and the light-headedness.

But what made his breath hitch was those pair of dark gleaming eyes that stared at him through the mirror, the piercing gaze seemed to be raking all over him with lustful intention.

And as if to make the matter worse the alpha intentionally ran his tongue over the mark, smirking as Jin pressed his eyes close with what sounded like something in between a whine and a curse, shuddering vehemently against the alpha.

“You’re in no state to try to fight me omega” his eyes swirled with specks of red, his trueblood boastful of his claim over Jin. “See this right here…” Taehyung traced the indents of his claiming mark on his neck with his fingers, loving how his omega weakly whimpered at the feeling of his touch on his mark “proves you’re bound to me till death do us part love” “I-I hate you!!” Jin gasped out the words as he felt his anger rise to think what sort of an insensitive brute he was stuck with.

The alpha seemed to have no sense of regret or shame to think that he had forced his mark on him without his consent. He didn’t even bother to try to explain his arrogant actions and instead was trying to dominate over him now. His eyes watered to think that being stuck with Taehyung was probably worse than that arrogant king, at least with Jungkook he knew his commands wouldn't work on him and neither did his omega feel this utter need to submit every time the trueblood was around him.

And fear crept louder along his spine...Taehyung was his mate now...the only alpha whose commands he was bound to abide...the only one who could literally control him. This is exactly what his mother and his noona had warned him about.

“This is no way to talk to your alpha…I see I need to teach you about a lot of stuff” his voice was teasing and full of mirth as he spoke into the omega’s ear. “However, for now I want you to freshen up, and join everyone for lunch. Your little stunt got people very concerned about you…” Jin was a little startled and was going to ask what he meant as stunt when his attention was deviated to Taehyung’s next words “your sister and that beta bodyguard of hers are waiting to meet you.”

He turned instantly to look into those usually irritating eyes which however looked a little jovial right now.

“M-My sister? She’s here?” “Unfortunately, yes” he sighed in return “wouldn’t leave us alone even though I claimed you and the only way to pacify her was that I brought her along. So, I did” Taehyung informed, his grip loosening from his mate’s waist as he saw Jin turn to face him with an unsure gaze.

“You did not hurt them, right?” He spoke still unsure about what to feel, he had been through such a wave of threat and difficulties that the trueblood being nice to his sister and Namjoon, and even considering to allow them inside his home without any ulterior motive was a little unbelievable for him.

“You really do hate me, don’t you?” Taehyung chuckled a bit “am I really that bad? Why would I just randomly hurt your people? What good would it bring me anyway?” He spoke while nonchalantly undoing the knot on Jin’s waist, gently pushing the oversized bright red garment down the omega’s shoulders to reveal the layers of peach silk beneath till Jin slapped his hand away.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He took a few steps back clutching at the silk as he tried to cover himself back up.

“Helping you…?” Taehyung replied rather matter-of-factly, stepping closer to carry on when Jin snapped at him “no need, you’ve done enough”.

Taehyung was trying very hard to not reveal his rising fury at the way Jin kept showing his aggression towards him…no omega he had ever been with would dare to treat him this way, and although he rather found Jin’s dauntless spirit tantalizing, he was beginning to get on his nerves…especially now that they were mates, he had expected the omega to understand and acknowledge their bond, not test his patience with every word.

“This hard-headedness will get you nowhere love…this has to go…can’t have you being this disrespectful to me-” “Really? I’m being disrespectful?! After you just went ahead and marked me like that?!! Who do you think you are??!!” Jin growled in growing frustration, he was just so damn angry...he would kill him if he could, if his stupid good-for-nothing omega wasn’t so desperate and needy for the alpha.

Taehyung went silent a bit and Jin didn’t know what to make of that sudden terrifyingly dark serious look he could trace on him. His anger was suddenly brushed away feeling as if he had probably stepped beyond the line because of how abruptly threatening the trueblood’s pheromones had turned.

“First, don't ever raise your voice at me omega...this is the last time I'm warning you with words” Taeyung’s voice had gone down a few octaves to sound a deadly low “and what do you think would have happened if I didn't mark you there? Jungkook surely would have…is that what you wanted?”

Jin felt a shiver run through him because of how mad the trueblood sounded right now, he took a faulty step back when he saw Taehyung stalking nearer, nostrils flaring as his eyes seemed dead set on him.

“You think it would have been better if I stood there and watched him claim you?”

His words were a growl, eyes flaring red with rage making Jin gulp as he realised he might have just summoned his own death by enraging the other. It was ridiculous how terrified his omega was right now, all he wanted to do was cower down, bare his neck to him and submit.

“I didn’t m-mean it l-like that-” “Pray tell what you meant…I’m at the edge of my patience here Jin” Taehyung ominously loomed nearer still, literally pushing Jin into a wall as he frowned at him, waiting for an explanation.

Jin felt his breaths coming out in short rapid huffs, he denied his omega’s constant naggings to lower his gaze and to stop talking. He made it a point in his head that he had to find a way to somehow learn not to let Taehyung’s pheromones affect him like this, this was getting troublesome now.

“You-you could have…just helped me-” “I did…I got you out of there safely” the trueblood assured, his anger ruling down a tiny bit to see Jin agree that he needed his help, and actually wanted his aid.

“I mean…even without markin-” “Yeah I could have…”

Jin could sense Taehyung’s rage easing, those eyes going back to their usual dark brown as he spoke leaning into him blatantly close.

“But I wanted to claim you in front of everyone, I wanted them all to know none of them had the right to even look at you without my permission…let alone think about having you…”

Jin felt his heart sink to his stomach at how menacingly possessive those words sounded, he felt his gaze drop from Taehyung’s as he realized how different their thoughts about a mate mark was…while to him it was a mark of affection, respect and a promise of forever, to the trueblood it was but a mere claim, a mark that he had etched on him for people to know that he belonged to him.

He felt Taehyung grasp at his chin, and although it was not forceful or aggressive, Jin felt pitiful at the touch. He knew the trueblood could actually force him to submit n claim him right this moment if he wanted to, he'd have no choice but to let him do anything he pleased. It'd be beyond his control anyway. Being mates now he could feel the obvious need in the other, that strong urge in the alpha was making his omega feel all giddy due to the attention, responding to the need just as equally but he fought forcefully against his instincts.

“You’re so pretty when you’re not trying to be difficult” his eyes roamed over Jin’s flawless features to settle on those inviting lips and he leaned nearer hoping to taste them when Jin turned his head to a side, denying to abide to the alpha’s wish.

Taehyung froze a bit, realizing that his omega had just denied his first show of affection and the thought made his heart clench, his trueblood felt like it just got kicked in the gut.

However, the loudest thought that washed over him was insult…it was his pride that had been struck hard.

All this time omegas had literally thrown themselves at him, readily giving in and accepting whatever he demanded. This was the very first time an omega had denied to even acknowledge his show of affection, especially when he isn’t someone who usually shows affection towards anyone but because Jin was his mate it came naturally to him to be affectionate towards the other.

He didn’t like this arrogance in Jin one bit…his trueblood wanted to grab that face and smash his mouth on Jin’s, to take what he demanded…to take what belonged to him.

It took him immense self control to hold back from doing that as well as tell himself again n again that he wouldn't do anything reckless. The omega seemed to be already upset with him, and as much as he wanted to seal their bond by claiming Jin and knoting him, he wanted Jin to acknowledge him as his alpha before that and respond to his show of affection.

He'll probably just have to find a way to get through to Jin because his mate didn't seem to be responding well to tough love and dominance...omegas usually gave in to him so easily that he never had to think about what might work on to please someone...they had always been so eager to please him.

“Okay…I get it” he gulped down the growing need in him, Jin’s defiance came as a challenge to him and he desperately tried to hold back himself from doing anything reckless. He inhaled loudly watching Jin stand in the same frozen posture, not even looking at him “if this is your idea of getting back at me then fair warning love because it’s only going to make me more frustrated and pissed, you’re only piling your own troubles.”

á na márië.

[A\N] I still haven't gotten over that "are you calling me a sinner?" in Tae's deep voice...damn it still does things to me every time I listen to it 😩

Borahae 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 823 21
Just a centered story of Yoongi! Main ship:Yoonmin Side ship:Taekook | Namjin Description: edited 1-13 Chapters are edited in omegaverse i am very a...
191K 7.5K 60
Jungkook is soon to be alpha. He is waiting for his mate to shower him with love and affection and claim him as his. He waited for his mate for many...
42.1K 1.8K 25
[COMPLETED] Jeon Jungkook, is a beautiful and weak omega in others opinion. He is really good-looking, but Kim Taehyung feels that it's really not hi...
820K 37.3K 51
-A male omega who despises all alphas from the bottom of his heart due to some past memories is now being betrothed to the trueblood who is the Head...