Run away

By nutellar0se

A terrible one night stand producing a pregnancy leaves twenty year old Jaya Avery scared and confused. She d... More

Prologue
Characters
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
Epilogue

5

14.8K 413 55
By nutellar0se

-
MARCH 23
Time: 11:30 am
-

Jaya stared down at the white sheets that covered her bed with a small frown on her face. Many thoughts coursed through her head as she unconsciously rubbed her stomach and hummed a soft tune.

"I don't know what I'm doing little bug" She mumbled softly as she looked down at her belly.

"I mean I know I shouldn't have just ran but I didn't know what to do" She continued as her frown deepened.

"What am I going to do" She sighed and ran a hand over her face before getting up from the queen sized bed. She walked over to the white door and left the room, heading downstairs.

There was a lot of noises that sounded like laughter and talking to which Jaya followed the noise to the kitchen. Jaya walked into the kitchen to see Alaska and Elias laughing as they stood around the marble island counter.

Elias sat on the counter eating bacon while he laughed at something Alaska said. Jaya walked further into the kitchen causing Elias to notice her and smile.

"Good morning" he smiled at her and she smiled back before waving as a greeting.

"We were waiting for you to come down so we could show you around the city" Alaska said as she ate a strawberry.

"Oh okay where's Alan, Roman and Renae?" Jaya asked as she took a strawberry from Alaska's bowl and ate it.

"Nae is with her mom and Alan so somewhere I don't know" Elias said shrugging his shoulders as he jumped off the counter.

"Roman is off expressing a girl" Alaska laughed as she rolled her eyes.

"Guys Matthew took Lily out and now I'm bored because I wanted to annoy him" Laila rolled her eyes as she walked into the kitchen.

"Ouu your outfit is cute" She said as she noticed Jaya. Laila smiled at Jaya before stealing some of Alaska's strawberries which caused the girl to groan as she looked at Laila.

"Thank you"

"You have a thing for cardigans huh" Laila asked her, referring to the light tan cardigan Jaya had on.

"Not really I only have three" Jaya shrugged as she leaned against the wall.

"What exactly is in the city?" She asked and Alaska got up from her seat putting her now empty bowl in the sink.

"Everything honestly it's kinda like a mini New York" Alaska smiled as she ran her hand through her hair.

"My stomach hurts" Elias said as he walked back into the kitchen from using the bathroom.

"That's what you get for eating strawberries with whipped cream and chocolate at six in the morning" Laila said as she rolled her eyes.

"Oh shut up Lai you ate them with me" Elias said making Laila shrug. "This ain't about me" She said making Elias glare at her.

"Come on let's go before there's traffic" Alaska said and everyone walked out of the kitchen.

"You seem like you would be a city girl" Laila said as she walked along side Jaya out the door.

"Really?"

"Yeah I don't know you give off shy vibes but I could see you in the city more than the country" Laila shrugged before leading Jaya to her car. It was a black matte Range Rover.

"How in the hell can you afford this" Jaya asked shocked as they all got in the car. Jaya sat in the back next to Elias who had a bag of chips in his hand.

"I'm a stripper" Laila smiled at Jaya making Jaya's eyes widened.

"You're a what now"

"I'm a stripper Jaya. You know one of those women or men that slide down a pole to get money from desperate honey bastards" Laila said as she started the car and quickly pulled out of the driveway.

"Oh- I mean you got to get that money somehow" Jaya awkwardly as she shrugged her shoulders looking out the window.

Laila's laugh caused the pregnant girl to frown as her attention went back to the laughing girl. "I'm just fucking with you. I just have a rich sperm donor that wants to win my good greatness" Laila shrugged as she drove.

"Oh"

"Hey do you need a check up on your baby?" Alaska asked suddenly and Jaya's hand rubbed her stomach softly as she nodded.

"I probably do I haven't went since I found out." Jaya sighed as she moved a curly strand out of her face.

"We can go today if you want my mom is a OBGYN" Alaska said as she looked at Jaya through the side mirror.

"I don't have enough money-" Alaska shushed her "relax we got you" she said before grabbing her phone and calling someone.

"Oh uh are you running from someone?" Elias asked and Laila yelled out Elias' name as she glared at him. "What I just want to know it's been killing me" he defended himself and Laila rolled her eyes as she turned at the light.

"Uh I wouldn't say I'm running from anyone. I have an abusive step father who didn't hurt me physically but I realized that I don't want to have my baby in that type of household, especially since my mom won't divorce him" Jaya quickly said as she sighed feeling stressed.

"Oh wow and you just left her there with him?" Elias asked her and Jaya nodded her head.

"It's been happening for six years and as much as I love my mom, I can't keep trying to get her to do something she won't do. My mom has been married to him for eight years and he has been hitting her for six. I have tried to getting us our own place and get us away from him but she always goes back to him" Jaya said getting frustrated as she shook her head.

"I'm sorry Jaya" Alaska said in a saddened voice as she turned her head to look back at Jaya.

Jaya smiled and gave a small shrug of her shoulders "It's fine honestly I mean I came to terms with it and I will always love my mom no matter how much I don't agree with her on this"

"You are a strong woman Jaya" Laila smiled at her before looking back at the road.

"I like to think so but I just hope I'm strong enough to care for this baby and give him or she the best life" Jaya mumbled looking down at her baby bump.

"You will be strong enough because you will give that baby the best you can and that's all that matters" Alaska spoke out and Jaya smiled nodding her head.

"You look a little bigger than three months" Elias said as he ate his chips.

"You don't say that to a pregnant lady what is wrong with you" Alaska said before glaring at him.

"I'm sorry but you do" Elias shrugged and Alaska rolled her eyes mumbling to herself. Jaya didn't say anything as she sighed looking out the window.

"Have you had morning sickness?" Laila asked her and Jaya shook her head.

"I haven't actually but there is times when I would get real bad heart burn" She replied as she looked over at Laila.

"Well that's good for no morning sickness but do you take something for the heart burn?" Jaya shook her head at the question and yawned covering her mouth as she excused herself.

Jaya leaned her head against the car window before closing her eyes as a small hand was placed on her belly. Before Jaya knew it, she had fallen asleep and was sleep for the rest of the car ride.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

435K 14.9K 36
Sequel to Teach Me, Unedited It started with a strange request and ended with a love confession. I thought it would be simple, that all I had to wo...
40.4K 3.1K 46
Avery Merrick had definitely not enjoyed a storybook life. Growing up with a single Mother who was unstable left her in and out of Foster Homes and...
9.9M 325K 52
On the WATTYS 2017 SHORTLIST and Featured in COSMOPOLITAN!!! A Wattpad featured story with LOTS OF STEAM! A new life, new friendships, new love...
6.6K 212 18
There's always that one stupid mistake that changes everything. For Kathleen, that mistake is getting drunk and having a one-night stand, because it...