Yours, truly.

By maryameeee

Maya, is an eighteen year old girl, who is very new to her college life. She might be stubborn and straightfo... More

โ€ข Chapter One โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Two โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Three โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Four โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Five โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Six โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Seven โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Eight โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Nine โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Ten โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Eleven โ€ข
โ€ข Character Profiles โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twelve โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Thirteen โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Fourteen โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Fifteen โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Sixteen โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Seventeen โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Eighteen โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Nineteen โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-one โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-two โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-three โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-four โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-five โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-Six โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-seven โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-eight โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Twenty-nine โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Thirty โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Thirty-One โ€ข
โ€ข Chapter Thirty-three โ€ข

โ€ข Chapter Thirty-Two โ€ข

12 2 4
By maryameeee

We pull up in the driveway and stand outside the gate of our college. The white lights are twinkling from the roof of the building. It really gives off a winter aesthetic vibe. I take a quick snap of the view and check myself out in the front camera of my phone. I take out my lipstick from my bag and apply it. It's cherry red in color.

"Let's take a selfie before we head inside?" I ask Sky and she nods.

As we get inside the auditorium where the event is held, I can already hear the soft music blazing out from the speakers.

"Wow..." I froze to my spot as I see the beautiful blue and grey theme and lighting of the whole area. It doesn't look like our auditorium on a regular basis. It looks extravagant and like a professional hall.

"I'm amazed that you were able to manage all this Sky!" I genuinely appreciate her.

"It wasn't only me, Asher helped and so did the rest of the students." She replies.

I can tell she looks satisfied with the setting. Her eyes are sparkling with a small smile on her face. As we keep walking I spot someone's back, which looks way too familiar to me. I sneak behind him and wrap my arms around him. He suddenly jolts and looks behind.

If I wasn't already soo fond of you. You had to make that hairstyle.

"Maya!" Jun speaks as we lock our eyes together.

"Hi Yeon-jun, you're looking fancy tonight aren't you?" I say. His normal bangs are now swept back showing his forehead. His face seems more charming than ever. He's wearing a black tuxedo with a maroon shirt underneath. And a tie to complete his fit.

How are you real? And we're kind of matching too.. AHH!

"You look gorgeous." He says.

"Right back at you!" I say pointing finger guns at him to hide my blushing self.

Sky stands beside us.

"Where's Asher?" She asks Jun.

"Oh he was just here a minute ago. Maybe he went to get something? We both came here together." He says.

"As a couple huh?" Sky teases him.

"What?!? No, haha we're bros." Jun quickly adds.

"I was kidding you dummy!" Sky smacks his shoulder. Jun nervously smiles and nods his head. He's still shy while he talks at times.

"I'll go get us drinks, save a seat for me pretty please!" I say as I could use a refreshment to quench my thrist.

I spot a working lady with a few glasses of juice and pick an orange flavoured one.

"Thank you." I say to her.

I take a sip of my drink and turn around, I see Asher just a few steps ahead of me. He seems to be holding something in his hand. I go upto him and greet him.

"You finally came." He says.

"How could I miss it." I reply.

There's a slight awkwardness in our tone that we didn't have before. Before the confession. But right now, I can really sense it. And I want us to get this over with.

"Here. I got this for you. Might be the last present that you'll be receiving from me.." He says as he hands me a pretty white daffodil.

"T-thanks..." I take it from him.

But what does he mean by the last present? Is he going away?

"But, Asher I- I need to clear everything to you. And apologize.." I stutter on my words.

"Don't be. I understand." He says.

He's.. not himself today..

I stand there, watching him stride away from me. The smile slowly fading off his face.

I hold onto the daffodil he just gave me.

I don't want to lose him as a friend.

I see Jun waving his hand over to where he's sitting. I snap out of my thoughts and go over to him.

"You're alright?" He asks me as I sit next to him.

"Yeah! Ofcourse!" I say as brightly as I can. I don't want Jun to worry about the situation that's currently happening between me and Asher. It would upset him. And make things more complicated. They are close friends, and a girl as in myself. Should never be the cause for that friendship to break. It's not worth it.

The music changes and the students get off their seats to go onto the dance floor. My heart almost leaps out of my chest as I hear what song it is.

Why are my eyes filled with tears?
Hey, stay by my side and laugh

A future without you is a world without colour
Filled with monochrome coldness

Even the darkness we see is so beautiful
Please believe me
Looking only directly at you
So you don't go away

"Oh my God! Its the song "your eyes tell" by BTS!!" I scream in surprise.

"You should've seen it coming when I set the DJ Maya!" Sky says. A smirk appearing on her face.

"Ah!! I love you Skylark, you just made this night even more memorable." I hug her tightly.

"Likewise, okay let's not waste more time and get going to the dance floor you both!" She says and pushes me and Jun both off to the stage.

We both seem as nervous as the first time we talked. That hasn't changed.

Jun, being a gentleman, holds out his hand and offers me to dance with him. I gladly hold his hand and feel the warmth of it. We move along side by side. His left hand clasped with mine while his right hand is on my waist. I hold his shoulder for support.

"This is our second dance." He says gazing at me.

"It is." I say back. Reminiscing the first time we danced with each other.

I look to my side and see that Asher and Sky are dancing together too. They fit soo well with one another. Their height difference is almost same as Jun and I.

I feel a tinge of guilt in my stomach as I see that the expression Asher is holding is not genuine. He's faking a smile.

How can I tell its real or not?

But I finally gather up the courage and tell Jun, once and for all, how I really feel about him.

"Jun, meet me at the water fountain after this dance. I have something really important to tell you." I finally say it without realizing the nervousness that came after my words.

"Oh okay!" He says.

You better look more excited buddy.

He spins me around and Asher signals him. And as I spin, I exchange my position with Sky.

Now she's dancing with Jun and I'm with Asher.

What just happened?

Asher looks at my confused expression and calms me down.

"Its just something we came up with so we could dance altogether in this way." He explains.

"Oh I see!" I see and let out a chuckle.

"So that means in the next round, you and Jun would dance together right?" I ask him.

"You wish." He says smiling coldly.

His grip is firm and his eyes are on the floor rather onto me. Almost as if he's avoiding any kind of eye contact. I'm trying to lighten up the mood but it doesn't seem to be working.

He's wearing a black and white suit with a bowtie. His hair are gelled but not swept back like Jun's which makes his features look even more sharp. Especially his thick brows.

"Hey." I blurt out.

"Hmm?" He blinks.

"Your confession, don't think it was meaningless. Spending time with you, even I noticed that my heartbeat quickened when you were close to me. But then J realized.. It was the spur of the moment. It confused me. I didn't know what I was feeling exactly but.." I break off mid sentence.

There's a short silence before he laughs.

"Why are you laughing? I'm trying to be serious here!" I tell him.

"Do you know the meaning of this song?" He asks me.

"Ofcourse I do!" He's questioning me about a BTS song right now. Did he think any less of my vocabulary of fangirling?

"Then you must know how "your eyes could tell" about the unsaid." He says.

Even it seems to be the beginning of the end
I’ll call your name

The gazing eyes are so colorful
I'll give my everything to you
Still unable to verbalize the hopeless dream in my heart

To face the past and the future
How much hope is needed to reach you
It's nights like these that I keep on thinking
In the city at dusk

The song continues..

It explains... Him and I?!

"Asher. I want to tell you that if maybe, I only met you or if we had another chance, I'd pick you instead. Because you deserve to be loved, truly. You're handsome and with that charming personality of yours, it would be hard not to fall for you. But, right now, its not the time for us." I say.

"It's like what they say,
"Sometimes you meet the right people, at the wrong time."
doesn't that sound like us?" He speaks.

"Yes." I reply to him.

The song ends and we break apart.

"Thank you, for accompanying me in this dance." Asher says.

"It was a pleasure.. Soo no hard feelings?" I say to him.

"I'll try to move on, but I will.. eventually." He winks and I get a flash of his normal self again.

I smile at him.

That's the Ashlee I was longing to see tonight. The one who made me laugh. The guy whose heart I broke. Without wanting to..

I'm really sorry.

But I'll always be there for you. As a friend atleast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47 0 8
๐“ฏ๐“‚ƒ Growing up with a strict mother in a quiet environment, Ha Jun was considered an outcast by his classmates. He was a clean freak, someone who co...
3.6K 205 26
๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ธ ๐“ฎ๐”๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ช๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ป, ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ ๐“ฑ...
1.5K 335 38
!UNDER HEAVY EDITING! "Do you love her too?" "Why did you lie to me?" "I will never leave your side!" "Have I fallen for you already?" A journey alon...
37K 884 29
Maya has spent five dreadful months in the psychiatric hospital recovering. One she finally is released she is forced back into her boring life. But...