The One Who Lost Everything (...

Par ScarlettSinger

Meet Harper Louis. Her mother and father were both KIA in one of the Heroics missions. Her father, Henry Loui... Plus

Cast
The Day Care Center
The Flying Train
Grandma Moreno
Flying An Alien Ship
Being Incredibly Stealthy In An Alien Ship
Being Incredibly Stealthy In An Alien Ship (Part 2)
Numbness
Confusion
Unintentional
Goodbye
Overwhelming
Never-Ending
Reckless
Alone
What if?
Driving Test
Lies
Escape
Broken
Capture
Saved In More Ways Than One
Dagger
Angel
Mount Olympus
Convince Me
The Conspiracy
The Trial
Practicing with Gods
Evil Lurks Below
Evil Lurks Above
Evil Lurked In Me
A/N
Those Who Stay Evil
Those Who Stay Controlled
The Dessert
The Cave
The News
The Beach Love
A/N
The Hacker
The Game
A/N

Assumptions

23 3 2
Par ScarlettSinger

"No! That isn't how math is supposed to be!" Mr. Caddel yelled.

"Ok... but that is how math is and you said that you would help me with this summer math work," I argued.

In front of me was a huge math work book, on the page was some dividing with exponents equation that we needed to know for 8th grade. Mr. Caddel had agreed to help me with this math because everyone else was procrastinating on their summer home work. I was diving into my work so that I wouldn't forget about doing it later.

"They just invented a new type of math, I swear," He grumbled, pulling the math book closer to him on the metal table.

We were at a base, somewhere in northern California, it had been a week since we had decided on our houses and such. I was burying myself in studies so I didn't have to deal with these growing awkward situation with Wild Card. Maybe I was being a coward... but no one told me it and they had good reason to do so.

"Go grab your phone," He ordered.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"We are utilizing the ancient method of Google," He waved his hands like he was revealing some mystic secret.

"That sounds a lot like cheating," I was hesitant about using it, instead of just figuring it out ourselves.

"You want help or not?" He threatened.

"Alright, alright. I'm getting it," I stood up and picked up my phone that was in my back pack.

I clicked on Google, on my way back over. He took the phone from me.

"Okay, so what's the title of this unit?" He asked.

"The Division and Multiplication Of Exponents," I read out.

"How to divide and multiply exponents," He muttered as he typed it out.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I wrung my hands.

"If you get him in trouble, just tell your teacher that their stupid math work book didn't explain this stupid math," He started to grow angry.

"Ok... But how exactly will Google explain it better than the actual textbook?" I questioned.

"Because its Google, I still don't know how I passed high school without it," He said, gruffly.

"That reminds me of that meme..." I trailed off.

I took the phone from his grasp and searched up the google meme. I showed him the meme and he burst out laughing. His laugh was definitely gruff and had a hoarse sort of sound to it. I just giggled and then a twenty something year old soldier burst into the room.

"Sir, I was informed to tell you that Acapella, Missy and Fast Forward are demanding a trip to a mall so that they can, and I quote "Go to school in something that does not smell like blood and despair". What should we do, sir?" He saluted.

"Get some female officer to take them," Mr. Caddel waved off.

"I asked and no female soldier wants to take 3 twelve year old's, shopping," the soldier explained.

"That's strange..." Mr. Caddel sighed.

"Why don't I take them? I'm the oldest and I have had to go shopping by myself loads of times," I suggested.

"You are 13... and have super human abilities that you have learned to control... All right... here's 500 each, do what you want," He handed me a huge wad of cash.

"Great! So like tomorrow at 10 or something," I negotiated.

"How about right now?" Mr. Caddel pushed me off the stool.

"Fine... Let me go get dressed into something decent," I walked off.

I had a little room with a small twin bed and a tiny closet. I slipped on a white shirt and some ripped shorts. It was the summer, and it was so hot in California. I grabbed a small brown purse and shoved the money inside. I put my hair up in a half up and half down style and applied some lip gloss. Missy, Acapella, and Fast Forward rushed into the room right after I finished getting changed.

"Come on," They whined, pulling me away.

"Wait! I still have to put on my flip flops," I stopped them.

I slipped on my brown flip flops and followed them out the door. The base was disguised as an apartment building. I took my phone and called an Uber while I waited. I had turned 13 during my coma and somehow I was a lot more mature than those who were only a year younger. I rolled my eyes when they started talking about their crushes.

The car rolled up and I slipped into the front seat. The woman who drove gave me a pitiful look and started driving. She managed to drop us off somewhere near the mall. I payed here 20 dollars and she thanked me. I waved bye and ran to catch up with the girls, who were marveling at the huge stores. 

"Come on, Mr. Caddel texted and we have to be back at 5 and its 2 so we have to hurry," I pulled them along.

"We get three hours here!" Missy squealed in excitement.

"Yay!" I faked it,

"Ok, so here's how this is going to go, you each get 2 pairs of shoes and 10 outfits," I regulated.

"Only 2 pairs?" Fast Forward complained.

I sent her a look and she shrugged.

We went through so many different outfits at Macy's and went to Off Broadway for shoes. I just sighed as they went on and on about everything they were trying on. I excused myself when I got a call from Mr. Caddel. I stepped outside of Macy's and answered the call.

"Hey," I greeted.

"I got an email from the school... they wanted to let me know that there was a school dance at the end of the year and to get a dress soon," Mr. Caddel explained.

"Ok... I'll tell the others, is there a theme we need to be aware of?" I asked.

"No, just the dress that and I quote "makes you feel like a princess," so just do that," Mr. Caddel ordered before hanging up.

I sighed and slowly went back into the store to tell the others.

"So, I got a call, there is a school dance at the end of the year and we need to buy a dress for it," I informed them.

"What store?" Missy brought up a good point.

"I think I saw a small dress shop a few stores away," Acapella suggested.

"That'll work," I nodded.

We bought the clothes that we liked and then set off for the dress store. I marveled at how many dresses hung on the mannequins. There were so many different styles, and colors, and fabrics. The other girls paused at the entrance as well before an older lady appeared in front of us. She had gray hair that was long and reached her waist. It was straight and her eyes were a vivid turquoise. She was wearing a long sun dress that reached her ankles.

"Hello, dearies. An 8th grade dance?" She guessed.

"Yes, ma'am," I clarified.

"Wonderful, let me know if you girls need help and once you find the one you like, I'll make adjustments as needed," She smiled before moving back to the desk that stood in the middle of the room. 

I wandered around, occasionally touching the dress skirts. Missy was marveling over a skin tight hot pink dress. Acapella and Fast Forward were trying some on. I wasn't really into such poofy and big dresses. I also didn't want the extremely tight ones.

"Excuse me, honey. There is a dress that I think you will like," She led me over to a changing room and handed me a dress that was in a bag.

I blushed when I realized that it was a two-piece dress but still tried it on. I fell in love with the dress and twirled in the skirt. I called that the lady could enter. She smiled when she saw me in the dress.

"That is absolutely gorgeous on you," She complimented.

"Thank you," I thanked.

"How much is it?" I asked.

"200," She responded.

"I'll take it," I accepted and she left so I could get changed.

I carefully folded it back into a bag and came out to see Missy and the others waiting for me. I bought the dresses with the money. We thanked the lady and left the store.

"When are we moving to our house?" Missy wondered.

"I don't know," I shrugged.

We passed the food court on our way to the exit.

"Can we get a milkshake or something?" Fast forward begged

"Fine," I agreed.

I got a milkshake and we waited for an Uber. I sipped on it and soon we were back at the apartment building. I used the last bit of money for the car ride.

"Perfect, it's 4:30, we're early," I checked the time on my phone.

"Nerf Gun War," I read out a sign that was on the door.

"Crap!" I cursed.

"What?" Acapella questioned.

"Let's just fly up," I pointed towards the paper.

"That sounds smart," Acapella agreed.

I grabbed Missy and used my mist to elevate her into the air and into her bedroom window. Acapella flew up on her own and I helped Fast Forward up. I got in last and we just hid in Missy's room until we were called down for dinner.

"Nope! You are not eating with your guns under the table, give 'em," I announced.

The boys sighed in disappointment and put them on the table. Mr. Caddel did the same. I smiled and we ate Chicken Parmesan. I was about to go upstairs after cleaning up but someone had grabbed my arm. I turned around and standing there was Noodles. 

(I tried to make the chapter longer, I know that the dress is more like a prom dress, I just like it to much. I am currently listening to nostalgic music and extremely happy for no reason. So that's cool. I hope you enjoyed)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

165K 2.8K 27
[COMPLETED] No I am not cheating on Aidan/five/Nicky and yes I'm putting all this pressure on myself to write like 5 stories now why do I do this to...
8.6K 165 31
Harper has been gaining headaches, that then sometimes turn into migraines. But when a family of four moves in next door, Harper's mom gets excited a...
22.6K 364 7
Y/n Y/l/n is a girl (she can be a boy if you want) who I the daughter of Y/m/n and Y/f/n. Those superheroes have lots of powers, basically they toget...
12.5K 192 9
[COMPLETED] You are missy's twin sister and you have the same powers as your dad Marcus Moreno and you end up falling for a boy named facemaker while...