Practicing with Gods

Practice.

It set me on edge. I had been running and surviving near death experiences to be told that I need to practice my powers. I need to be better when I don't see them running from those who were supposed to be dead. I would rather rot in a cell then be told that I hadn't done enough because that was my biggest fear.  

They stared at me. I was supposed to create anything sentient with my mist. I had only ever used it for defense. I let the mist free out and soon the whole room was filled with this violet fog. I concentrated and made darker purple swirls dance in the lighter mist. I stood in the center as they twirled around. Then I gathered all the swirls and made them into a deer that pranced around. It pranced around off of the ground and my light mist created a forest. I formed a squirrel and it scampered up a tree. I smiled.

The wind hit my hair and it blew, beautifully, behind me. I saw Hades slowly enter the forest that I had set up in one of their great halls. It started to extend to the corners and a rocky hill was made in one where a fox was cuddled up.  The trees extended higher and higher as grass started growing from the ground. I was lifted into the air by the wind and I tried to change the forest into a colorful wood instead of variant shades of purple.

I stroked my ball and closed my eyes, imagining the trees becoming solid with long dark trunks and bright green leaves. The grass a shade of dark green with the meadow in a rainbow of colors. The rocks a pretty light gray and the animals became the final piece and when I opened my eyes. I had just created a forest in a great hall. I was amazed as my boots hit the ground. I picked a flower and admired the simple beauty and that I had made this entire thing. The woman was playing with one of the squirrels and suddenly I noticed what was missing from this area.

I put my hands up and made a beautiful blue sky with a few clouds peacefully floating around. Then, with a lot of effort I made a tiny ball of sun and threw it up into the blue sky. Suddenly the doors opened and appeared people. A girl that was wearing a tight cat suit and had nails like claws, and boy with winged sandals on his feet. Their eyes found me.

My head ached. No, I didn't want this. No, you need to go. My eyes glowed purple and it all rewound and they didn't come back. No, this didn't feel right. How did I get rid of them? I clutched my head and things started swirling around me. I couldn't anymore with this fake reality. It didn't make sense. A fake world. What if it wasn't fake? What if that had been the real world all along? What if she had been apocalypse but didn't want herself to be blamed? 

I screamed as my brain struggled to take in all of this information. I didn't hear other people screaming or yelling. Tears came falling down my face and all I wanted was to be held by Harry and be told it was ok. I didn't want to lose him. I couldn't let go. This entire time I had never accepted his death. That's why I made him alive. I was mad at him for dying and leaving me by myself so he was to be against me. I made it happen. I just sobbed as I accepted the fact that I would never feel my brother hug me.

Nor would I ever hear his arm tighten around my shoulder when somebody looked at me the wrong way. Or how we yelled at each other when playing monopoly because I made him pay a fee. How he would tickle me to death if I messed with his hair. How he would cuddle me when I cried about our parents death. How I would get mad at him for shaming a movie that I liked. That I would never see him again. Never be held by him. Never be with him. Never tell him that I love him. Never talk to him. Never cry with him. Never joke with him. Never fight with him. Never love him.

My mist made a form of my brother, perfectly. I tried to hug him but he disappeared in my hands, I was in a purple storm, standing in the eye. My hair falling in my face as I tried to keep up with everything. Trying to salvage all of his memories. Then I realized what I needed to do. I made the Earth in my hands. It was the real one. Tears slowly fell down my cheeks as I zoomed in on the place where they all were happily going about their days. Then a drawing, like a stick figure, except with filled in arms and legs. He was 2d and his eyes were creepy, big and wide. His grin was huge and sent chills down my body. He took the Earth from me and I scrambled up to stop him he muttered some sort of spell. The humans disappeared and I collapsed in shock.

I was going to save them. He grinned at me before coming over to my head and massaging it until he entered it. I cried out. The storm getting harder. I felt as the man took control of me and my eyes glowed red.

(So sorry for not posting lately, here is the next chapter)