Evil Lurked In Me

I sliced the British prime ministers throat. My magic had been worn out and I wanted to make it clear that I wasn't just a sorceress. Tenebris smiled and turned off the feed. So far we had killed 10 country leaders and some others were bowing to our will.

"I still don't understand why we can't kill everyone," Tenebris whined.

I was more of the diplomatic side of the team even though I did most of the killings. Tenebris had ripped someone apart with his own hands, I think it was Turkey. I was striving to rule the world instead of starting an apocalyptic wasteland.

"Because, if we kill everyone then we are burying a golden opportunity," I answered, my back stiff straight as we stood outside of the room where those who had surrendered were sitting.

"Fine," He huffed.

"I have some weapons to look at it, so good luck," He patted my back before walking away.

I smoothed my skirt before stepping inside. 20 people looked up at me. I gave them a tight smile before sitting at the head of the meeting table, a stack of files on my left, while a pen on the other. I was basically making sure that these people would stay loyal to Tenebris.

"Ok, so Brazil. You have already surrendered your army to Tenebris and all of your weapons, so Tenebris has accepted your gifts and rewards your loyalty with the power to rule your own country and to have trades with us. But in the event of an extraterrestrial attack, we will need your help to manufacture supplies," I turned to the middle aged man who was seated on my immediate right.

"Thank you very much, ma'am," He thanked before standing up and being escorted out of the room by his body guards.

"All right, Portugal," I turned but the mans eyes were glowing bright purple?

So were the others in the room, he gripped my shoulders. He forced eye contact with me. The purple swirls hypnotized me. He started mumbling with somebody before turning towards me.

"You shall kill Tenebris," He started.

"I shall kill Tenebris," I was a doll, just repeating.

"He is from inside of you," He went on.

"He is from inside of me," I repeated.

"You have to let go," He ordered.

"I have to let go," I was a simple copy cat.

He stood up and my head stop spinning everyone left and locked the door with me still inside. Metal walls rose from the floor. The window was blocked and a tiny cellar light dinged on. I stared at the door and took it to heart, literally.

You forced your energy into your mind. Instead of staying in your mind, you took a dark and mysterious stairway down to your soul. Sitting at the table were 3 people. Their heads were down on the table and guns were pointed to their heads by shadows that had emerged from the corners. Tenebris was in front of them and looking at a TV of my point of view.

"Welcome, Shadow, to your soul," He made a huge dramatic bow.

"Who are you?" I stared around.

"I am Tenebris, ruler of your actions. I am the former guardian of your angry, sad, and grieving emotions," He answered, his head held up high.

"I wasn't talking to you," I snapped at him.

I kneeled down in front one of the people there. She had bright green eyes, her hair was blonde and held up in low ponytails. She was wearing a tank top, and some jean shorts. Underneath the table I could see some flip-flops with a little seashell on top. 

"I am Leila. I am your guardian of your happy and excited emotions," Her voice was muffled.

I smiled at the girl before realizing she couldn't see me. She was about 11, just a year younger than I was. I moved on and stopped next to the girl in the middle. A book was separating her face from the table top. Her hair was cocoa brown and tied up in a messy bun. She had black glasses and blue eyes. 

"How about you?" I tilted my head.

"I am Paige. Your guardian when your being shy, nervous and have atchiphobia," She shook my hand.

"Atchiwhat?" Tenebris interrupted.

"Fear of not being good enough," Paige and I said at the same time.

I moved to the final one in the circle. A math textbook was to the side of him and his tousled black hair blocked the page number. He was wearing a vest, and tie with fancy dress shoes. In his hand was clutched a pencil.

"I'm Elliot. I help when you are feeling curious, being a workaholic, or are learning," He introduced.

"Nerd Alert," Tenebris muttered.

I stood up and turned towards the ruler of my actions. I tried to understand.

"So, you all control my soul and therefore my emotions?" I clarified.

"Basically," Tenebris nodded.

"Except somehow, through all my grief and pain, you took over my body," I continued on.

"Yep," Tenebris popped the p.

"But what if I don't want to be overcome by sadness and evil? What if I want to be happy and see the joys of everyday life? What if I want my only worry to be what book I should read next? What if I want to nerd out about some stupid topic? What if I want to be blushing about a crush? What if I want to be human?" I questioned.

"You're not meant to be human. You're supposed to be the evil character, the one who suffers a tragic beginning and ends up being the worst villain ever. Ruler of the universe," He tried to sell it. 

"Except I am human! I don't want to be some evil person, someone who's tragic childhood therefore defines the rest of their life. I want to be normal! Not be connected to my past and my mistakes. I am human. I can't pretend to be angry and upset at everyone all of the time. I want to feel happiness and innocence. I want to go to middle school. Not be glared at because of how many I have killed," I ranted.

He approached me and leaned over me.

"All of your wants. But you need to be evil. I don't want to hear anymore complaining out of you. All of these others, don't know what a good chance. You will have everything you want once this plan is completed," he spat in my face.

"But I'm not evil. I shall complain. All of these others, know what pure happiness is and I will have everything I want once I destroy you and this dystopian future you have made me live through," I deferred.

My purple energy building in my hands. I grinned at him, I pushed him off of me. I rose into the air, my eyes glowing violet as they should be. He smiled right back.

"You can't get rid of me, I am part of your soul," He tried to stop my plan.

"You're right, but I can stop you from taking over my mind," I warned. 

My hands lifted up into the air, my palms facing Tenebris. My energy appeared out of nowhere and entered his mind. I got rid of any power or temptation to take over my body again. I pulled out of him and his body deflated, and I had to use my energy to hold him up.

I set him down next to Elliot in a chair that had magically appeared. I lowered and the shadows cowered away, back into the corners while I destroyed the guns. The 3 looked at me, happy. I nodded at them before running back up the staircase. I then tried to wake myself up. When I did, it didn't feel like I was in the conference room. I shot up in bed, surrounded by my friends in a hospital bed.

(Should I continue with this book or make a new one? Also thanks for your comment WildCard_Fan and helping me continue with this chapter)