The Cave

Missy fell right back asleep right after her eyes opened. A little while ago, Wild Card had fallen asleep and my energy had picked him up a while ago. He was sleeping on his stomach while I kept walking, my feet feeling like they were going to fall off at any second. I squinted my eyes in the distance when I saw what looked to be an entrance to a cave. I forced my tired legs to run forward. It wasn't a mirage. The other two carried behind me. It was night and the only thing that gave me light was my sparkling energy that had become like fire, licking my palm. I ran my other hand over the side of the cave wall. I admired the amazing rock wall before walking along to the cave entrance. I entered the cave. It was huge and completely dark. I tried to keep from tripping on my already hurt foot. I crouched down and tried to feel for Flint.

"Come on, Come on," I repeated, scrounging around for the unique rock.

My dad had taught me when we were younger on how to identify Flint by touching it. My fingers grazed over and until I felt exactly what I needed. I used my energy to split it in half. I grabbed other rocks that I had deemed to not be flint and wrapped them around some wood that I had collected on my search. Carefully, I struck the flint and made a small fire emerge and start to glow. I admired the high ceiling of the cave and how it continued further down into the Earth. I turned back to both Missy an Wild Card who were asleep. I used the wind to clear a spot and gently lay them down.

I let my hair down, the ponytail starting to hurt. I grabbed a rock and used my mist to shape it into a brush and run it through my messy and greasy hair. I put it in a French braid. I grabbed another huge stick and lit it with the fire and created a torch. Wild Card's eyes opened when I shook his shoulders, he pulled himself up and inspected the cave.

"Where are we?" He asked, standing up.

"A cave that I found," I shrugged.

"You're really pretty, you know that, right?" Wild Card wondered.

"You like Missy," My voice echoed across the cave.

"But what if I don't like him?" Missy's voice made me jump and turn around.

She looked alright besides the look that she was sending me. I rushed over to her and gently helped her up. She leaned heavily on me but kept exchanging looks with Wild Card. 

"He likes you," She separated away from me.

"And I know for a fact that you like him," Missy was playing Match Maker.

"No, no, I'm not doing this," I deny, as both of them stared at me.

"Please, I like you, I want to be with you," Wild Card begged.

"You said yesterday that you liked both of us," I pointed out.

"But I was wrong," He started to approach me.

"I... I... I don't want to be hurt, again," I sobbed out.

My hands shot to my face as I cried into them. I heard foot steps walk towards me. Slowly my hands were pulled away from my face. Wild Card gave me a small smile before enveloping me in his arms. I cried into his neck and he whispered sweet nothings into my ears.

"Okay, you can come pick us up," Missy spoke into her ear. 

We both turned to her. She had her hand grasped around her phone and sent a grin our way. I glared at her. She feigned an upset face.

"That was an American missile, wasn't it?" I was angry, I was furious.

"Maybe," Missy squeaked out.

"Wait... We were hit by a missile, you got serious bruises, and Harper broke her ankle because you wanted us together," Wild Card realized.

"Yep!" She popped the p.