The Hacker

"Entering building now," I said, into my coms.

I was wearing my typical "Shadow Lass" costume. The media portrayed me like I was a common thief with incredible hacking skills so be able to do such warping powers. Politicians pretended I didn't exist until it was brought up by robbed countries. Those on social media platforms had the best conspiracy theories.

"She's an alien from Area 51" - I wasn't too surprised by that one.

"She is one of those odd beasts from the Percy Jackson, a hero gone wrong" - I laughed so hard at that one.

"She was injected by a serum and gifted with these special abilities," - That is literally the back story of Pietro and Wanda Maximoff.

I crushed a person as others stood in shock, my eyes were glowing violet. That was my symbol, if you had purple eyes, you were immediately thought to be in contact with me. I was the cause of a rally too, all across the world. It was for the governments to execute me, I made an appearance at one of them that was in New York.

I landed on the ground, and my energy swirled around me, people backed up and saw the full extent of my being and powers in front of their own eyes. Police began firing, I created a shield and lifted up all of the guns and crushed them into dust that fell down upon me. I turned to the news camera, where they were filming it all.

"Congratulations! Earth, you have become idiots. Your conspiracy theories are bogus, if you continue, I won't be afraid to destroy things that you might want standing," I warned, my hands filled with my violet mist.

I flew off, making sure that no one planes were following me, and landing on the New York base, before I was flown back to California. Ever since that day, everything had gone dark. They were scared as they should be. I was tired of being nothing more than a picture on a screen. It was when the deaths of my latest raid in Mexico did people screw their fears and start outright trying to kill me. 

There were more hacks into the most powerful computer websites to find my origins. They didn't go for the Heroics, who were personally "looking" for me. Basically, just public appearance at the latest base I had destroyed and saying they were getting clothes. I was hitting an American hacker who had been looking into me. The military had loosened their reigns on me as my successes grew. They were really close to letting me become an actual independent mercenary. Wild Card had kissed me on the beach. It had been a month, we had dated for 2 weeks, then he had broken up with me because I was becoming harder and colder. 

My rage fueled my killing and how I wasn't affected by it at all. I wasn't scared of who I was. Maybe I should be, but that is up to someone else. Or was it? Moving on, I stepped through the hallway and found the hacker hunched over a computer, he was wearing headphones and muttering things to himself. I rolled my eyes and moved forward. My energy twirled across my finger tips as I pressed my energy into his head.

"That's odd," I whisper, on the screen was a picture of me, but not in my costume. 

I was walking home from school, with Guppy by my side. I started to hyperventilate. My eyes traveled down to the table and saw pieces of paper, my birth records, my schools and grades. I went through all of the papers. It had pictures of Harry, Mom and Dad. My breathing hitched and I see note books filled with connections between Shadow Lass and Harper Louis. He had figured it out. He had evidence, of my conversations, he even had pictures of Wild Card and I in the desert. How? I rubbed my forehead. My eyes burst open. I was laying on the floor of the training room. They had created simulations so we had practice.

"And that, should be the expected reaction, but not the reaction we want," Mr. Caddel walked through the steel enforced door.

"Now tell me what is true," He ordered to me. 

My eyes flashed purple.

"The orange orangutan," I answer.

"Good, let the others in, now," Mr. Caddel tells me before yelling at the guard.

He forces us to watch the training sessions of others so that we could learn from their mistakes. The code word is in case on us gets compromised. It is constantly changing but there is a system. I can't reveal the system but I find it easy to follow. He helps me up as others bombard me in hugs. Wild Card is giving me a look from the window that is elevated and shows a view of what I see. We've been secretly dating for 2 months. Its been 2 months. A lot longer than it felt like in that simulation.

"Ok, one more," He pushes the other out the door and soon I'm alone in the huge room.

The room changes and I find myself surrounded by soldiers. There are sounds of baby's crying echoing through the rooms. My eyes glow and I get ready. The first soldier fires. I create a shield and send it towards him, causing for him and others to be squashed against the wall, like bugs on a windshield. The buffest man approaches me and I put my hands at my sides, letting him take the first move.