Everlasting; The Promised Nev...

By MyDearEunoia

You were born on an orphanage called "Grace Field" and have been raised there since then. As the time goes, y... More

1 | The Outside World
2 | The Trauma
3 | The Enemy
4 | The Tag
5 | The Traitor
6 | The Crush
7 | The Trust
8 | The Deal
9 | The Trick
10 | The Chasm
11 | The Lullaby
12 | The Present and The Note
13 | The Pen
14 | The Explosion
15 | The Pain
16 | The Celebration
17 | The Rabbit
18 | The Ignation
19 | The Priority
20 | The After Effect
21 | The Call
22 | The Criminal
23 | The Paradise
24 | The Girl
25 | The Passage
26 | The Surprise
27 | The Nostalgia
28 | The Leisure
29 | The Foul
30 | The Night
31 | The Meeting
32 | The Reason
33 | The Tea Time
34 | The Quarrel
35 | The Quarrel Pt. 2 + Theme Song
36 | The Other Side
37 | The Real Intention
38 | The Morning
39 | The First
40 | The Advantage
41 | The Calm Before A Storm
42 | The Start of Chaos
43 | The Key
44 | The Measures
45 | The Turning Point
46 | The Farewell
47 | The Promise, Undone
48 | The Assignment
49 | The Last Straw
50 | The Last Straw Pt.2
51 | The Final Arch

Intro

3.9K 94 82
By MyDearEunoia

This set a day before the original manga and anime. See at the bottom for more author notes.
Thank you and happy reading <3

This also inspired by an amazing TPN fanfiction "Happiness" by itz_beauty
Make sure you check it out guys. She is so young yet very talented and really sweet💕

To itz_beauty: Once again, thank you for being my inspiration and your consent.

▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️

An emerald-eyed girl about six years old with an orange hair that resembles dusk carefully approach a gate with height approximately four meters. Her tiny arms hold onto the iron-steel with eyes that are sparking curiosity.

"What is this?" the girl said.

The ravenette boy answers, "It's a gate. It separates the orphanage and the outside world."

The other boy with white blonde hair quotes what their Momma said, " 'You can't go near the gate no matter what. It's dangerous.' "

"A gate supposed to protect us from something, especially a gate this tall," said the six years old you.

"But what is it supposed to protect us from?" said the white-haired boy again.

The ravenette boy barely huffs and turns around from the gate. "It's obviously a lie."

You said, "But we will go out there eventually, right?"

The orange haired girl asked cheerfully, "Ray! What will you do after going outside?"

"I haven't thought about that. And you?"

"I want to ride a giraffe!"

Ray closed his eyes in disbelief. He is so done with her, "Good luck."

"What about you, Y/N?" asked Norman, the white-haired boy.

"I don't know yet. The gate makes it scary to imagine how the outside world will be."

You feel the urge to approach the gate closer. What you see is a dark hall that seems like a never ending tunnel. Even so, your hands are itchy to touch the bars. It feels so cold just like its impression.

The four of you are seeing into the darkness together and you wonder, is it normal for an ordinary orphanage to have gate this tall and majestic? It gives the idea of protecting the manor of an aristocrat rather than orphan children.

Whatever those beyond this gate, you four are extremely curious to explore the actual world.

〰️

It have been more than five years since the four prodigy of Grace Field orphanage sneaked out to wonder in front of the gate. There are no major changes since then, except that many of your non-blood related siblings were adopted.

It's a lucid and golden morning at the Grace Field and the bell is ringing loudly.

Our beloved ray of sunshine with antenna in her head slowly opens her eyes, being the first to wake up in her room. After a short stretch, she sit down and scream to wake her siblings up, "Good morning everyone! Hurry wake up or you will be late for breakfast!"

She glances at you who sleep right beside her bed but doesn't move even an inch. Suddenly, the blanket enveloped you a second ago is now unveiled. The cold of the morning air streaks your eyes to open.

"That's occur to you too sleepyhead!" said Emma who is the thief of your blanket.

You groan tiredly and put your pillow above your face. "Five more minutes!"

"Nope! You will ask for five more minutes, and more, and you won't wake up at the end."

"I will wake up, I promised!"

"We already had this argument yesterday and the day before. I'm mot buying any of those anymore so wake up, NOW!"

Emma grab the both of your legs in attempt to pull you from your magnetic bed but failed because you hold to the head of your bed with all the power you have. Your orange-haired best friend is not giving up though. An Emma will not give up just because of this and you await her to fully use her athletic power on the next attempt. You grab onto the bed's head harder, but what's you are expecting never come.

But instead there is a weight jumped on your back. You turn around to see Phill is already hugging you from behind with his tiny form.

"Y/N let's go down together!" he said with a sparkling eyes. Not long after that bunch of other children below 5 years old coming to get you up.

You sign and tousle their hair. "How can I refuse you guys."

Emma nod in satisfaction. Using the children always works.

〰️

After breakfast the children walk towards the room they usually use for taking daily tests. They sit at their respective seats and preparing themselves. You enter the room last after make sure everyone were in, Emma followed shortly behind you.

"Good luck everyone!" she screamed before sits down.

You also whispering "Good luck" to those who you passed by.

Lastly, you wish "good luck" for your three best friends. They nod and the test begin.

"Age 11, type 2. Answer these questions carefully within the time given."

You try to focus and listen to the instruction. Without knowing, the test finished as soon as it begin.

You stretch out your muscle for a bit while staying in your seat.

"It's finally finished!" said Emma.

"How was it going?" Norman who sit beside you, asked to Emma.

"Well, it was alright and I know you certainly nailed it."

"Of course, he is Norman," you said.

There is a slight blush on his cheeks. "The same for you."

You shake your head in disagreement. "I only got perfect score once though. I'm not at the same level as you guys."

You know that you are not as smart as your friends but it's alright. You realized that not everyone has a big brain like Norman and Ray or the capability to be a fast learner like Emma.

Beside, there is something that you're proud of and you're the only one who has this quality in the house.

Enormous passion and talent in art.

"You are not playing tag?" asked Ray.

You two are sitting under your favorite tree while the others are playing tag with Norman as the "It" for the hundred times.

You choose not to participate and shows Ray your sketchbook to tell the reason.

"You are drawing... for who?"

"It's a present for someone special."

"Everyone here are special for you, heck even a passing by bird hanging on the tree is special."

"Yes, and that includes you too," you said while still focus on stroking pencil on the piece of paper that have been having your attention for two days.

You don't see it, but Ray is blushing a little at your words. His big brain wondering if you will draw him a picture too to show how precious he is to you.

The two of you are extremely close. One, because Norman is sticking with Emma so it's natural for you two are always together. Two, because he has this tickling feeling--

His thoughts are interrupted because you two catch a glimpse of Alicia running towards them.

"Y/N! Y/N! RAY!"

You close your sketch book immediately and catch Alicia before she fall. "What's wrong Alicia?"

"Yvette! She climb a tree to hide from Norman but she can't go down! I tried seeking for help but couldn't find anyone," the girl said with a teary eyes.

Poor girl, she must be scared. You thought.

"It's ok Alicia. Lead us to her," you said.

Alicia leads you and Ray to a tree hidden behind the house. Yvette is hugging the tree hard with closed eyes.

"Yvette!" you called her.

She opens her teary eyes a bit. "Y/N? Ray too. Please help me down, I'm scared!"

Ray come closer to analyze the tree. "With this height, her weight and her position. It should be safe here," he goes into a specific spot.

He looks at Yvette and said, "Jump Yvette. I'll catch you."

"B--But I'm afraid."

You stands beside Ray. "Ray's going to catch you for sure. Ray is trusted after all, right?"

"H--He is."

Ray stretches his hands, ready to catch her.

Yvette hesitantly jump right into Ray's hand. When she saw that she landed safely, she hugs Ray tightly and says thank you for thousands times.

Not long after that the other kids come to you with worried looks on their face.

"I heard Yvette was stuck on a tree."

"Is she alright?"

Ray nod and put Yvette down with her friends and you stroke her head.

"I know you just tried to hide but it's dangerous to climb a tree. Don't ever do that again, understand? This applies to all of you too," you said to the other children in a scolding manner.

"Understand!" they said in a unison.

"The tree is a bit slick, she could've slipped," said Norman.

"This is because a certain idiot teach them climbing a tree without teaching how to back down," said Ray while looking straight at Emma.

"Are you directly accusing me just now?"

"I'm glad the certain idiot is noticed."

Emma groans in annoyance and Ray ignore her.

"Woah there are many flowers here!"

You search the source of the screaming and see a bunch of flower bushes with various colors. An idea popped up in your head.

"Everyone, let's make a flower crown!" you suggested.

All the younger ones are following you while Ray excuse himself to continue reading whatever he was reading before. Probably another mechanical books. He have been reading it since you were young.

You all are laughing, playing, making jokes and simply having the time of your lives. Thoma and Lani pull funny pranks on the younger children or Emma sometimes. While Norman will laugh at Emma's reaction. Gilda and Anna will scold them when they messed up the girls' flower bouquets.

You place a blue flower crown at Connie's hair which has the same color as her eyes. She looks so adorable, you want to hold her and never let her go.

"You are so pretty Connie," you tell her.

"But you are prettier Y/N!"

"Oh my, thank you for the praise but in my eyes you are even prettier!" you finally pinch her cheek a little.

Connie sees the sketchbook next to you. "What are you drawing, Y/N?"

You look at the book and then into Connie's curious eyes. You bring your point finger to your mouth and wink playfully. "It's a secret."

Don usually is playing and keeping Connie a company but you have stolen her from him. Don is cutting leaves with animal shapes for the younger boys.

At the end the sun sink at the west and the stars start to spread across the sky. Even though it's getting dark, you still feel warmth from the time you spend together with your family. Every moment you can feel warmth, love, and being cherished by them. Seeing their happiness is your own happiness.

You know that it's almost impossible to live a perfect live like what you do now. But you wish everyone who lives in Grace Field is an exceptional, in some bizarre condition so that you can live in these precious moment forever with every single precious person for you.

And that includes momma Isabella who is currently greeting every children when you come back home.

"Y/N thank you for keeping the children safe again today, I know I can always count on you. Oh my, that crown makes you look like a princess!" momma said.

Isabella is not your biological mom or anyone at the house, as far as you known. But she has been acted as one, love you all as a real mother would do and make sure you are not feeling the missing role of parents. Obviously, you all love her dearly too.

You hug her tightly and say, "I'm home Momma."

Isabella flinch a little because of your sudden action but then relaxed and stroke your hair with a lovely smile. "Welcome back, my little princess."

"HUG PARTY!" Emma screams and join your hug. Not long after that you are surrounded by lovely warm hugs from your siblings.

"What a nice hug party everyone but we need to have you all cleaned up before dinner," said Isabella but she haven't released the hug yet.

Yes, you hope this all will be an everlasting happiness.

But suddenly, destiny decided to play unreasonably cruel with your life.

▫️▪️▫️▪️▫️

Hello dear beloved reader,

Thank you for reading this first chapter. I'm sure there are some mistakes here and there but I hope this is still enjoyable to read. This part is kind of prologue for your character and I'll get into the story on the next part. I make your character to be like a motherly figure because I think Ray might need a friend like that--eh--or is it just me loll

For a short introduction, you can call me by my pen name Yun, I'm a female (17), and usually I don't write anything in English but The Promised Neverland is an exception loll.

I watched TPN season 1 at the end of 2020 and fall in love after have finished 12 episodes in 3 days. It's just so beautiful and amazing, massive applause for the author. I also read the manga and fell for it even more.

I've been searching for a good EmmaxNormanxReaderxRay fanfiction without poly relationship but there isn't one that fit my taste so I decided to out of my comfort zone to write this. The urge to pour my ideas is just too much for me to hold it anymore lmao

And for a short note, this story consists of het relationships, violence, psychological trauma, character(s) death, blood, weapon usage, and many other things that might trigger some discomfort for you (reader) as the story unfold and I'll put a warning at the head of the chapter.

For those who didn't read the description, English is not my first language and I've never written in English before so I'm sorry for any mistakes and errors, also for the ones in the future. Please notify me if there is any mistakes so I can correct it.

I won't fully follow up the story. I just make scenes in between the original scenes or add some modifications in the scenes to progress the story faster and because I think rewriting scenes from the manga or anime is not necessary since most of us already know the storyline.

Thus, I hope you'll enjoy this fanfiction and it's suitable with your taste. Don't forget to leave like and comments because those are my moodbooster to continue writting <3

See you on the first chapter

Bye~

Btw, for your information, I published this because the anime released a freakin recap episode this week. There is not enough content for the fandom so I made one loll

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 9.6K 32
Things change around the 11-year-old orphans from Grace Field as they approach their twelfth year of life. ✦ Will these four eldest children, who ha...
436K 12.4K 35
"if y/n is the princess, then she must need a knight!" "i know who her knight is! it's ray!" you've lived in grace field for as long as you can remem...
37.3K 1.1K 33
(y/n) (l/n), ID no. 81195. Age 12, the oldest child in the Grace Field orphanage home. However, how is she still in the orphanage? Children are suppo...
341K 16.2K 64
✧ 𝑨 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 ✧ 𝑯𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒕...