The Unpredictable Fire Advent...

By MizzGinger

He was supposed to be the Fire Nation's prince. You were supposed to be the Fire Nation's top student. Having... More

『at first sight
『another life
『a canyon to conquer [1]
『a canyon to conquer [2]
『a canyon to conquer [3]
『a legacy
『a bump in the road
『a merry trip down the river and into sea
『a tumultuous greeting
『a boy following traditions
『alone in thought
『a moment of solace
『a devastated sacred ground [1]
『a devastated sacred ground [2]
『another bump in the road
『at long last
『and up the mountain
『around the temple
『and down the mountain
『an apparent divide
『an ode to knowledge
『a long way home
『a diplomat, a prince, a prince, and a queen
『a tourist hot spot
『an awkward date [1]
『an awkward date [2]
『an awkward date [2.5]
『an awkward date [3]
『a miscalculation of epic proportions
『agonizing realizations
『a truth unspoken
『a tale of Tonraq
『a tale of Haku
『a tale of Iroh
『a tale of you
『a-plus planning
『a timely rescue [1]
『a timely rescue [2]
『a timely rescue [3]
『a timely rescue [4]
『a tea shop
『affronted by his omission
『a wise uncle
『a deadly pass
『a deadlier ally
『a deadlier ally [2]
『a cave filled with love
『an outspoken boy
『a tough wall to crack
『a date in Omashu!
『a lost soul
『a behavioral problem
『a bargain
『a daisy in the snow
『a plan for the future [1]
『a plan for the future [2]
『appealing to the masses WITH PAMPHLETS!
『an eternal necklace
『agreeable relations
『against their fathers' wishes [1]
『against their fathers' wishes [2]
『animosity between brothers
『a grand festival [1]
『a grand festival [2]
『a lethal ideal
『a burning tower
『 a looming threat
『a determined group
『 a faulty escape plan
『a burden greater than man himself
『a burden greater than this idiot
『a mix up in sleeping arrangements
『ah she's a fighter
『a very accurate play?
『a prince's return
『a group forever
『despite our best efforts
『very still is the world
『even through all the hardships
『new love, old love
『they lurk in the shadows
『united we stand
『ushered deeper into the abyss
『until we meet again
『unknown and alone
『unacquired justice
『utterly lost
『rendered to adapt
『remember us, remember our promise
『experience this love
『salve for the wounds
『friends or foes
『oven-baked plan
『ren, the first
『evaluate and execute
『venture into the wind
『enter and discover

『ever after

1.8K 70 34
By MizzGinger

Seated in the drawing room of the palace, you and Fire Lord Izumi enjoy your Sunday in peaceful silence. It has been hours since you two finished breakfast and occupied the room. The tranquility of the day lends itself as a powerful catalyst in concentration: Izumi with her mountainous amounts of reports and you with a romance novel.

"Maybe you should be Fire Lord," Iroh's mother huffs as she stares at another report of her daughter wrecking havoc.

You peel your gaze away from your book, a treat from a bustling week of work. Although you only work four days a week, the consecutive days of slaving over information has left you ragged. Weekends are your days to relax and enjoy your moments of reprieve. To assume the role of Fire Lord will destroy such bliss.

"I'm okay. Head Spiritual Advisor to the White Lotus is sufficient work for me," you chuckle. "Besides, I promised Iroh I'd take it easy ever since I returned."

"But you also promised to be advisor once my daughter ascends the throne."

You gawk at her stubbornness. "That was a promise from eighteen years ago!"

"I can't imagine her being sane without you," she says while crossing her arms.

"Another 100 year war will ensue!" you agree.

"Exactly... Can't you have a child and I can name them my successor?"

You pout with sympathy for your sister-in-law. Long has her deranged tendencies plagued Fire Lord Izumi with concern, but with Iroh II no longer in contention for the role, there is only one person in line to receive the title. She has been promised it for almost two decades; it'd be cruel to yank it away.

You avoid eye contact as you return to your novel. "Oh, please. Iroh won't give up his position until he's eighty. By then, I'd be too old to have any kids."

The Fire Lord exhales, her impatience getting the best of her. "Surely you two can have one now! The entire family would pitch in to help while you two are busy with your jobs."

"Unfortunately not," you shake your head, "we decided that if we have a kid, we'd be actively present in their life. To put off the responsibility to our parents and grandparents isn't healthy."

Izumi sighs heavily, "I have one child that is TOO responsible and another that cares little about responsibility."

"Funny how things turn out."

"BABE, I'M HOME!" Iroh shouts from inside the palace. His booming voice travels to the office room, causing your heart to hammer with excitement.

You bookmark your spot and close the book. Your smile widens. As you jump up onto your feet, you inhale deeply before responding. "I'M IN HERE, BABE!"

Fire Lord Izumi watches on with more annoyance. Her son bolts in as if he hasn't seen his wife in years when it's only been three days. Eyes meet, lips join, and suddenly you two are in a make out session by the couch.

"I-IROH!" his mother exclaims as she glances away from the couple. "We've SPOKEN about this. Your indecency is becoming too much. Please find some shred of normalcy when you two meet."

Iroh finishes up licking the last of your saliva before pulling away. You're in a dazed but giddy state to respond, yet Iroh appears cohesive enough to retort. "I haven't seen the love of my life in days. I can't help it."

Her eyebrow twitches. "Ugh, just get out."

Iroh does not waste a second in scooping you up, much to your gasping and declining, and scurries off to the bedroom. Meanwhile, Zuko is traveling into the room to speak to his grandson. "Oh, welcome home, Iroh."

"I will see you later, gramps!" he exclaims while departing with a grin.

The whirlwind of Iroh's entrance and exit leaves the two stunned. Minutes pass when finally Zuko collects his thoughts. "I'm guessing they are off to make up 'lost time'."

Izumi huffs as she slumps back down into her chair. "Please don't phrase it like that. You're his grandfather"

Zuko shrugs and settles on the couch you were on earlier. "My wife is rubbing off on me. Though I'd say their love is adorable, but it has become quite revolting."

"You're telling me. I got goosebumps from how horrible that was!"

"Did you mention to them that their public display has even gotten the President of Republic City to run away in disgust?"

"I tried to, but Iroh just responded with some more soapy words."

Zuko breaks into a smile. "We shouldn't be complaining. It's a miracle that [Name] returned to us."

"Yes, yes," Fire Lord Izumi sighs in agreement. "It has been a beautiful and touching reunion, and I am happy to have my daughter-in-law back. I just wish there was common decency."

"Maybe in time," Zuko chuckles.

"Why do I feel like that is never going to happen?"

[__]

"Iroh, hehe, stop!" you giggle as he attacks your neck. You recoil with laughter, your back flush against the mattress. The instant the door had closed, he brought you to the bed and drowned you in his kisses.

"How can I when my wife is just so scrumptious?" he mutters against your skin before returning to his nips and licks.

"Stop!!~ You said you'd shower before we did anything," you moan.

One more kiss, one more—he tells himself yet he cannot peel himself off you. He abhors the fact that his job takes him from you, that he must wait till the late weekend to bask in your presence. Every second he desires to adore you, to bring you to a euphoric state. His desperation for you knows no bounds that it has gone borderline lewd in public.

"I can shower with you if you want," you say between giggles.

He grins and finally pulls away, "Then let's get to it!"

You roll your eyes as he helps you up. "You're so easy to manipulate."

"I don't think this is manipulation," he retorts as he discards his coat first. Next goes his shirt, exposing his muscled torso. "In fact, I think I was able finagle some shower sex out of this."

You groan while following him over to the connected bathroom. An in-ground tub awaits both your bodies; the water has been heated before Iroh's arrival as per your instructions. Rose petals float on the surface which appears to a kind touch from your maid. 

Eager fingers help you undress from your blouse while you bounce to another topic. "So I threw your mom off the scent. She's really disappointed about not having a grandchild yet."

Iroh hums in acknowledgment. He seems uncaring of the situation and more focused on ridding you of your clothes.

"She said is willing to make our child heir."

Your addition does elicit a reaction from him as he chuckles awkwardly, "Now that isn't right for my sister."

"That's what I said!"

He shakes his head. "My mom is such a control freak, and since my sister is becoming everything my mom was trying to avoid, I'm sure it's tearing her apart."

"She does seem at wits end."

"But I'm happy my mom is speaking about the future now," he adds. "For a while, all she did was focus on current events. It was her way of getting over her grief from losing you."

You stare at him in awe. "Really?" Disbelief reigns free in your tone that you need a few seconds to pave it over with subtle confusion. "I mean, that's touching but I don't know if I agree with that. It's not like she lost an actual daughter. I was just a girlfriend—"

"Can you please not remind me of my stupidity?" Iroh groans with annoyance. 

You close your mouth, aware of the swore spot that has formed after your return. He despises his immaturity, his willingness to focus on his job rather than you. It's been a complete 180 since then that at first you weren't sure how to react to his incessant loving. However with time, you realized that the most important thing in this world is love. And if he is offering his boundless love, who are you to reject it when you too are hopeless in love with him?

"[Name]," he reaches out to place a hand on your cheek and you lean into it, "you are so much more than that. To the entire royal family, you are so indescribably special to us. You integrated and blended so well that everyone forgot you weren't blood-related.... You know what my sister said after the wedding?"

"How cute we were?" you smile.

His thumb caresses your chin before he leans in to kiss your nose. "That she feels she watched some incestuous wedding."

You burst out laughing, "She would say that!!"

He laughs along, his boyish grin shining through. Once his sister's words are forgotten, he returns to the actual conversation. "We all lost someone that day. My lover, my parents' daughter, my grandparents' granddaughter, my sister's sister. We all grieved."

You feel tears welling up at his kind words. "I... know that Zuko said I was family, but I didn't realize the extent of his words. I feel bad."

He pulls away as he resumes undressing. "You grew up without family love. I can understand if you don't recognize it even when it's as plain as Uncle's love for tea."

You mirror his intention, discarding the last of your clothes. "Mhm."

"Now," Iroh growls as he removes his pants, "I think it's time we have a nice long bath."

You cannot help but admire the view, one that you had countlessly recalled during your time away from him. It's hard to believe it all belongs to you.

"Shall we?" He offers you his hand. 

Your face drowns in embarrassed pigments as you grab his hand, "You're so insatiable!"

He pulls you towards the bath, taking the steps slowly until he is waist-deep. Then he yanks gently for you to fall forward. Although the water splashes harshly, you still float comfortably in his arms. "Only for you, babe."

He knows that he has you under his enchantment, but you too have a trick up your sleeve. "Hehe, you're so cute, stepbrother~"

Iroh's face blanches with horror. "N-Not with this again!"

"Only for your, babe!" you grin.

[-x-]

A/N: Sorry for the wait, I thought I had uploaded this last chapter... 

Thank you to everyone who has kept up with the story. It has been a suuuuper long journey. I'm excited that I accomplished another story that has been in the works for many years. I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Also, although the main story has been completed, I would still like to add tiny updates to address loose ends that did not fit into the main plot. If you guys think of anything, you can also comment here and if something strikes my inspiration I'll probably write about it. But this book is definitely completed. After-stories will follow but updates will be sporadic. I don't think I'll add a lemon to this one so please do not ask for that.

So yes, thank you and I will see you around next time! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 3.1K 40
your name is Nami you are a unknown bender that was born in the fire nation by a water bending mother in prison, they took you away as a child, The f...
822K 32.5K 37
( sequel to The Ruka Wild > book 1 ) Join Ruka on her journey alongside Prince Zuko and former General Iroh for her new destiny has begun. For the h...
27.1K 980 10
Sunburn Sequel. It has been three years since the end of the war. Fire Lord Zuko has his Empire to reconstruct and multiple assassination attempts to...
342K 8.3K 37
Kira is a noble's daughter and a firebender, she has been engaged to prince Zuko since they were young to be his concubine. When the fire nation's pr...