The Unpredictable Fire Advent...

Bởi MizzGinger

He was supposed to be the Fire Nation's prince. You were supposed to be the Fire Nation's top student. Having... Xem Thêm

『at first sight
『another life
『a canyon to conquer [1]
『a canyon to conquer [2]
『a canyon to conquer [3]
『a legacy
『a bump in the road
『a merry trip down the river and into sea
『a tumultuous greeting
『a boy following traditions
『alone in thought
『a moment of solace
『a devastated sacred ground [1]
『a devastated sacred ground [2]
『another bump in the road
『at long last
『and up the mountain
『around the temple
『and down the mountain
『an apparent divide
『an ode to knowledge
『a long way home
『a diplomat, a prince, a prince, and a queen
『a tourist hot spot
『an awkward date [1]
『an awkward date [2]
『an awkward date [2.5]
『an awkward date [3]
『a miscalculation of epic proportions
『agonizing realizations
『a truth unspoken
『a tale of Tonraq
『a tale of Haku
『a tale of Iroh
『a tale of you
『a-plus planning
『a timely rescue [1]
『a timely rescue [2]
『a timely rescue [3]
『a timely rescue [4]
『a tea shop
『affronted by his omission
『a wise uncle
『a deadly pass
『a deadlier ally
『a deadlier ally [2]
『a cave filled with love
『an outspoken boy
『a tough wall to crack
『a date in Omashu!
『a lost soul
『a behavioral problem
『a bargain
『a daisy in the snow
『a plan for the future [1]
『a plan for the future [2]
『appealing to the masses WITH PAMPHLETS!
『an eternal necklace
『agreeable relations
『against their fathers' wishes [1]
『against their fathers' wishes [2]
『animosity between brothers
『a grand festival [1]
『a grand festival [2]
『a lethal ideal
『a burning tower
『 a looming threat
『a determined group
『 a faulty escape plan
『a burden greater than man himself
『a burden greater than this idiot
『a mix up in sleeping arrangements
『ah she's a fighter
『a very accurate play?
『a group forever
『despite our best efforts
『very still is the world
『even through all the hardships
『new love, old love
『they lurk in the shadows
『united we stand
『ushered deeper into the abyss
『until we meet again
『unknown and alone
『unacquired justice
『utterly lost
『rendered to adapt
『remember us, remember our promise
『experience this love
『ever after
『salve for the wounds
『friends or foes
『oven-baked plan
『ren, the first
『evaluate and execute
『venture into the wind
『enter and discover

『a prince's return

1.7K 88 36
Bởi MizzGinger

A/N: Omg finally... Sorry that it took so long. This is a rather long chapter cause of how close we are to the end. Chapters will definitely be longer for the next arc since it's only 15 chapters. Thank you for the comments, as always they give me life and motivation!

Enjoy!

[x]

Hand in hand, Iroh leads you towards the entrance of the palace with the rest of the group trailing behind. Endless stairs and scattered councilmen are what welcome the lost prince; scrutinizing stares follow as you guys begin your ascent up the stairs, but when they realize Iroh's return, shock replaces their confusion.

At the top of the stairs, a stern looking woman and General Azusa stand there with a familiar face. You freeze but Iroh continues dragging you until you are face to face with your mother. Haku and Tonraq give the two Fire Nation royals a deep bow, but you just stare at your kin with no emotion.

You can sense her annoyance brewing and a plan being concocted. How will she play this out with royals around? How will she ensnare you into her web once more? How will you react to her devious plans? She's nurtured your fear of her adequately enough for her to maneuver what she wants out of you.

But there is a newfound confidence in your presence. You hold her with little regard and stand firm beside the prince of the Fire Nation.

"I presume you are [Name]." 

Your attention drifts to the Fire Lord herself and you recall your manners. You supply a quick bow before addressing her appropriately. "Yes, Fire Lord."

"From what I heard from many other leaders and my husband, we are quite indebted to you," she states objectively. Her face holds no warmth, but you can spot a flicker of joy in her gaze to see her son.

"I... I wouldn't really say that. I feel like we've all had each other's backs," you sheepishly respond. 

"Nonsense," Haku gasps. "You picked us all up likes strays and kept us safe with all your knowledge. How to hunt, where to go, battle tactics! You always knew."

You send him a thankful smile. "And with that, you guys made sure you had my back."

Fire Lord Izumi watches your interactions with mild interest until she switches over to her son, who stares at her with a tenacious gaze. She tilts her head as she inspects the different version of her son. "I am relieved to say the least that you've returned."

Iroh's expression becomes guarded. "Why? Afraid your heir might leave?"

Finally, her facade of a Fire Lord cracks and the sound of her hand slapping Iroh's cheek echoes throughout the palace entrance. A mixture of concern and anger spread across her face.

"That my son has returned alive!" she exclaims. "I'm a mother too. I have a right to be worried to death that my son had run towards the dangers of this world."

Tears line her eyes, and it's then Iroh realizes the errors in his thought process as pain ensues in his cheek. "H-How am I supposed to know when all you ever care about is my royal training?!"

Fire Lord Izumi grits her teeth as she remembers her stature. Airing out family drama in front of her subjects is no way to conduct herself, and she must act accordingly. General Azusa notices her tendency to overthink and rests both hands on her shoulders, forcing her to relax into his touch.

"Iroh... If there is anything I want you to remember is that I love you," she plainly states. "We can talk more inside, but for now, please come inside."

Iroh's hand tightens around yours at the sound of her plea. He looks down at you, and you send him a reassured smile. It's there in that smile that he finds solace and newfound confidence to accept his mother's invitation into the palace.

[__]

After a nice warm bath, you seat yourself beside Iroh in the dining room. You recall the decadence of the Earth Kingdom's palace, which mirrors that of the Fire Nation. The only difference is the color palette and unique detailings only found in this region. The gold remains the same. 

Iroh sighs with relief at your arrival and places a few kisses on your cheek as your fresh scent intoxicates him. You two bask in each other's love until a screeching sound ruins your loving moment. 

"Honeeeeeey! I heard about your return," Melina's voice echoes throughout the palace as she waltzes into the room. She shows no awe for her location due to her being well acquainted of it and acts as if she already owns the place.

Seeing her arrival, you send Iroh a fierce yet questioning glare. Genuine confusion mars his expression which forces your glare onto the girl. When she catches your eyes, she glares back. "Why is she here?"

"I can ask the same of you," you spit out. "Didn't he break up with you?"

The smug look on her face falters. "I-I ignored all his letters, so I have no idea what you're talking about." 

"I doubt that. If you received a letter from Iroh, you definitely read it. You just ignored the contents of the letter," you scoff.

"Don't use your logic on me!"

"Ha! I knew you were lying!" you laugh as you point at her. Before she can respond, your mother coughs in hopes of garnering your attention. She arrived behind Melina, but you don't plan to acknowledge her.

Unfortunately, Iroh doesn't catch the memo and stands up to greet her. He didn't have the chance earlier since he was wrapped up with his own problems, but he hopes to speak to her now. Though you hold onto his arm and root him to his chair.

"Uh.. [Name], what are you doing?" he asks as he struggles with your hold. Not wanting to hurt you, he remains in his chair but decides to speak to her from his spot. "It's nice to meet you, ma'am."

Your eyes squint at her, silently telling her to back off from your life. She understands your message and elects to ignore it. "My, what a polite prince we have. It's such a delight to meet my daughter's boyfriend."

"He isn't. He's my fiancé," Melina interjects as she sits directly across from Iroh.

Your mother's smile remains still as her brain tries to process the situation. "I-Is that so?"

"Stop lying, Melina. Get over it and move on," you wave your hand. "It's sad really."

"Know your place, peasant," Melina retaliates.

Your hands form the shape of binoculars and they rest around your eyes. "Oh, sure. Let me look for my place. Hmmm..." You ponder as you glance around the room. "Oh, that's right! It's here, next to my boyfriend."

"You're so childish!" she exclaims.

"Says the person that just ignores someone breaking up with them," you retort. "I know they've promised you that you'll be Fire Queen some day, but it wasn't Iroh who promised you that."

You notice pain flash across her face. It appears the play had some accuracy to it seeing as how she has no response for you. Anger stirs in her petite form until she finally has a reply.

"Well, your mom is ugly."

"I know, and the worst part is that she doesn't leave me alone."

Your mother abruptly stands up and throws her hands in the air. "YOU KNOW WHAT?! FINE! BLAME ME FOR NOT WANTING A DAUGHTER THAT LEECHED OFF OF ME!"

"Oho, she finally breaks," you coo with amusement.

Your mother sends you a ferocious glare. "I didn't even want a daughter. I wanted a son if I had a child. But since you turned out to be a genius, I kept you so you can sustain us both. What a disappointment that you can't even be obedient to me when I've given you so many opportunities."

Your indifference remains steady throughout her verbal assault. "Oh no, my mother doesn't want me~"

"Yeah, be all sarcastic as you'd like. I'm leaving. I don't need a good for nothing daughter!"

"Byeeeeee," you wave her off as she stomps away past Tonraq and Haku, who both stand at the dining room entrance in shock. "Why don't you follow her too, Melina?"

She sits there quietly, but you can tell from her expression that she holds unnecessary pity for you. Although you've dealt with a mother who never cared for you your whole life, you found solace in books and learning. She never deprived you of that, and that is the only thing you are thankful for when it comes to her. You don't need others' pity, you don't need their empathy or any kind words to comfort you.

No, not when you are finally rid of her. The heavy burden of having a family tie to her dissipated the moment she walked away from the palace... and you couldn't be happier.

Such a feat wouldn't have been possible if you didn't have your friends to rely on. The fear of being alone was the only power she had over you, but it's nonexistent with those that surround you. 

A relieved smile forms and the group understands that you more than alright. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

194K 4.4K 65
You've been a servant to the Fire Nation since you first learned how to take orders. You left with Zuko when he was banished to find the Avatar. Thr...
3.3K 105 15
Naoki is a fire bender who escaped the fire nation to find her friend, Zuko. When they reunite they both travel across the world to find the Avatar...
4.9K 182 23
𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 __________________ 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘩�...
46.1K 1.2K 36
Prince Iroh II always had fantastic grandparents, a loving mother, a father that did everything possible for him, and a loyal little sister. So, why...