The Reverend's Daughter (Book...

By Jaidesmamasmama

Violet Petals has found a maid that touches his heart. Charming, funny, and extraordinarily handsome, the pir... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six Part One
Chapter Six Part Two
Chapter Seven Part One
Chapter Seven Part Two
Chapter Eight Part One
Chapter Eight Part Two
Chapter Eight Part 3
Chapter Nine
Nine Part Two
Chapter Nine Part Three
Chapter Ten
Chapter Ten Part Two
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Eleven Part Two
Chapter Twelve
Twelve Part Two
Chapter Thirteen
Thirteen Part Two
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fourteen Part Two
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Fifteen Part Two
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Sixteen Part Two
Chapter Seventeen
Seventeen Part Two
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Eighteen Part Two
Eighteen Part Three
Chapter Nineteen
Nineteen Part Two
Nineteen Part Three
Chapter Twenty
Twenty Part Two
Twenty Part Three
Twenty One Part One
Twenty One Part Two
Twenty One Part Three
Twenty One Part Four
Twenty Two Part One
Twenty Two Part Two
Twenty Two Part Three
Twenty Two Part Four
Twenty Three Part One
Twenty Three Part Two
Twenty Three Part Three
Twenty Four Part One
Twenty Four Part Two
Twenty Four Part Three
Twenty Five Part One
Twenty Five Part Two
Twenty Five Part Three
Twenty Six Part One
Twenty Six Part Two
Twenty Six Part Three
Twenty Seven Part One
Twenty Seven Part Two
Twenty Seven Part Three
Twenty Eight Part One
Twenty Eight Part Two
Twenty Eight Part Three
Twenty Nine Part One
Twenty Nine Part Two
Twenty Nine Part Three
Twenty Nine Part Four
Thirty Part One
Thirty Part Two
Thirty Part Three
Thirty Part Four
Thirty One Part One
Thirty One Part Two
Thirty One Part Four
Thirty Two Part One
Thirty Two Part Two
Thirty Two Part Three
Thirty Two Part Four
Chapter Thirty Three Part One
Thirty Three Part Two
Thirty Three Part Three
Thirty Three Part Four
Thirty Four Part One
Thirty Four Part Two
Thirty Four Part Three
Thirty Four Part Four
Thirty Five Part One
Thirty Five Part Two
Thirty Five Part Three
Thirty Five Part Four
Thirty Six Part One
Thirty Six Part Two
Thirty Six Part Three
Thirty Six Part Four
Thirty Seven
Thirty Seven Part Two
Thirty Seven Part Three
Thirty Seven Part Four
Thirty Eight
Thirty Eight Part Two
Thirty Eight Part Three
Thirty Eight Part Four
Thirty Nine
Thirty Nine Part Two
Thirty Nine Part Three
Chapter Forty
Forty Part Two
Forty Part Three
Forty Part Four
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty One Part Two
Chapter Forty One Part Three
Forty One Part Four
Chapter 42
Forty Two P. 2
Chapter 42 P. 3
Forty Two P 4
Forty Three
Authors Note *Not an update
Forty Three Part 2
Forty Three P. 3
Forty Three Part Four
Chapter Forty Four
Forty Four Part Two
Forty Four Part Three
Forty Four Part Four
Forty Four Part Five
Forty Five
Forty Five Part Two
Forty Five Part Three

Thirty One Part Three

8.7K 465 26
By Jaidesmamasmama

Pete and Rebecca left the boys in Katherine's very capable hands.

Katherine was more than happy to have Timothy and Jonah stay, so Pete and Rebecca could go have dinner.

Luckily, Paulie and the boys had eaten their dinner earlier at Rebecca's, as the boys had seen the desserts the King brought and had pounced on their share.

They were clustered with the other boys, as Pete and Rebecca made their way down the gangplank, past the King's men.

Rebecca directed Pete the way they should go as they made their way up from the wharf, a short walk bringing them to one of the establishments Rebecca's father had brought her to occasionally.

T'was a pub of the middle class range, not fancy, but cozy and inviting, Pete noted, as they walked inside.

Rebecca had brought Pete here because they boasted the best Yorkshire pudding this side of the Atlantic.

"Would you like me to order you an ale?" Pete asked, as he helped her into her chair. He scooted her in, as she wiggled around becoming comfortable, then smiled up at him.

"Watered wine, if you please," Rebecca wanted to stay awake and enjoy every moment of this evening. Ale made her sleepy, and as an added boon, she found herself having to use the privy every five moments when she did drink it, "Thank you."

The wine would be a much better choice.

"As you please, my lady." Pete went to the bar and told the barkeep what they would have.

Returning to Rebecca, he sat next to her, rather than across, his eye then having full view of the door that led into the establishment.

Habits died hard when you were used to watching your back, and this was a habit Pete would not be giving up anytime soon.

A young, pretty maid brought their order, "Good evenin' ta ya both," Her sparkling, green eyes smiling, as she greeted the newcomers, "Will ye be dinin' w' us ta night?"

"Aye," Pete looked to Rebecca, as he answered the smiling maid, "We are here for your Yorkshire puddin' this eve."

Rebecca nodded, smiling appreciatively at Pete. Her visage glowed, as even though she thought the maid to be prettier than herself, Pete paid the attractive girl no attention at all.

Pete's eyes seemed to be only for herself, and Rebecca adored him for that.

Receiving her stunning smile, Pete chuckled softly, "And just what has you beaming so brightly, Sunshine?"

"Oh, now. Allow a woman her secrets, Pete." She fairly batted her lashes at him, as she answered coquettishly.

"I am here to explain and clear myself of any wrongdoings in yer eyes," Pete grinned at her, "Yet ye make me feel as if I do not need to bother."

"You do not need to bother." She assured him. "I enjoy being with you, Pete. And you do not have to explain yourself to me." Rebecca glanced down at the table, as Pete's hand settled atop her own, her eyes warming to a deeper azure, as she welcomed his touch.

His thumb traced back and forth over the back of Rebecca's wrist, until she turned her palm to his to hold his hand, stroking with her own thumb against his skin. "I would have you do whatever you may need to, to accomplish what it is you do."

Pete had not thought there would be an issue over his dealings, considering it was because of those dealings, Rebecca now had her nephews to love and raise.

"I thank you for that," Pete ducked his head shallowly, "Especially as it seems I will be continuing to do so, at least for a while."

"And I am glad!" Rebecca squeezed his hand, "If you do not, who will?"

"That is how we feel about it." Pete agreed.

"So tell me other things." Rebecca smiled at the maid, as the girl set their steaming plates in front of them.

"Thank ye." Pete said absently to the maid, once again keeping his eyes on Rebecca. "I could tell you about a miracle we had at sea." Pete picked up his fork, and took a bite with his left hand, so his right hand did not have to release Rebecca's.

Rebecca could not eat, Pete was holding her left hand, and she happened to be left handed.

Pete noticed she had not picked up her fork. Thinking her uncomfortable with him holding onto her, he released her.

As she smiled and lifted her fork, spearing into her pudding, Pete transferred his fork to his right hand, and they shared a laugh together.

"I had not noticed you were left handed, I will remember to seat ye on my left next time." Pete winked at her then gave his dinner some attention, as Rebecca glowed at his words.

There would be a next time.

"Your miracle...?" She prompted, before taking a small bite.

Pete turned serious eyes her way, "Have ye heard of the Barbary Pirates?"

Rebecca chewed her dinner slowly, as she nodded, her eyes growing round with concern at his words.

************************************

Will sat up in the dirt slowly, his hands pushing him up from behind, as one knee raised up in front of him.

Will tested his jaw as the Duke turned to Violet. "I apologise for my son...."

Violet replied, "No, your grace, it is I who apologise." Violet was instantly appalled at his own behaviour.

Will began laughing heartily, as he slowly stood, raising both hands in surrender he gave Violet an appreciative look. "Why are you two apologising, when it is only I that owe one?"

Violet started wondering the same thing, "You apologise?" Vi narrowed his eyes at Will, as the man brushed off his backside.

"Of course I do, just because I find your wife delectable does not mean I should say it to your face." Will continued laughing, as he again held his hands up in surrender, "Joking, my good man, she is as my little sister, Mister Petals, and I would know how you felt about her, truth be told."

Violet could see enough of Will's face in the semi darkness, to tell that Will had been goading him.

"I hope that satisfied your curiosity." Violet stated.

Will continued to express amusement in his tone, "More than I expected, Mister Petals." Will rubbed his jaw, as he walked past Violet to take his horses reigns in hand.

Tying them to a post until a groom came for the steed, Will waited, as his father and Vi exchanged glances.

The Duke brushed by Will, "You can fetch your own cigar and brandy after such rude behaviour, young man." William took his seat again, as Violet followed suit and sat once more beside the large man.

"I did dance with your wife last night, Mister Petals. However, all she wanted to talk about, was you." Will said this, as he walked into the manor to fetch his own glass and a cigar.

Violet smiled smugly, he knew a peace offering when he heard one, and that one had been pretty good.

"He is not so bad once you get used to him." William imparted, before taking a swallow of brandy, and relighting his cheroot.

Taking the flame from the duke, Violet replied, "I hope to feel the same about his sister one day." Violet relit his cigar as he remembered the trouble he had with Arianna. He could easily see the two being brother and sister. Both of them being just a bit high in the instep for his tastes.

Will greeted his mother, and his aunt, explaining he was going to join the men for a bit out on the veranda.

Taking his glass and a cigar, Will went back out with the men.

The three of them sat in companionable silence for a few moments, as Will wiggled his jaw around a bit, before lighting his cheroot and swallowing his libation.

"I would care to apologise, my lord," Violet did not want to be the kind of man who settled things with his fists, and he could usually hold his temper better than that. He knew it was his own frustrated feelings of wanting to be with Elizabeth that had made him so quickly turn to violence. "I should not have been so quick to anger."

The empty glass rested upon Will's thigh as he turned his gaze to Violet, "You owe me none, Mister Petals, I would have done the same......... T'was my fault completely, I definitely should have ducked."

Will grinned at Vi, before inquiring, "Am I forgiven?"

Violet could goad also, "I suppose you must be, my wife thinks quite highly of you, though I can not see why."

"Me either." Will stated, as all three men then chuckled at his humor.

"You had no idea Bitsy was Alex Hasting's daughter when you wed her?" Will brought up his newly acquired knowledge.

Violet was not sure how he felt about Will having a pet name for his wife, yet he held himself in restraint, "No," Vi looked to Will, "Elizabeth did not even know herself until just recently."

Violet turned to the Duke, "Did you know you had what qualified as a trained assassin under your roof?" Violet chuckled softly, as both men's eyes showed confusion.

Violet than told them what Betsy was capable of.

They were suitably amused, and amazed, at the telling of the rat eradication, they then erupted into laughter when Violet told of the blustering commander having his leg soaked.

"She always did have a hidden spark in her." Will thought back to the many times Betsy had smacked him when he had teased her mercilessly, trying to kiss her.

It had just been too entertaining for Will to waylay her in the hallways, teasing her with advances, making her blush and sputter.

Will did not intend to inform her new husband of this, however, unless of course, he wanted to get clocked again.

"So where does one come by the name of Violet Petals?" Will chuckled.

"The same way you came by your own name, my Lord." Violet was becoming mellowed by the dark, quiet evening, a few sips of brandy, and his cigar.

They were being civil now, so Vi chose not to be offended.

"Does your mother have something against you?" Will chuckled some more, as he asked.

"Your mother likes my name." Violet raised a brow at the man next to him.

"She would." Will stated, still amused.

"'Tis hard to tell what the ladies like most," Violet ruminated, "My name, or my face, as both have always served me well in that capacity, my lord." Violet then chuckled, at Will's puckish face.

"Please, Mister Petals, call me Will, 'tis the least you can do after knocking me flat on my arse." Will's humor was evident in his demeanor.

Violet decided, that even though Will did take some getting used to, he was enjoying Will's company. "I go by Violet, or Vi..... Or Captain," Violet smiled smugly, "Whichever you prefer, Will."

"Damned pirate," Will chuckled, "Just my luck, Bitsy goes off and marries herself a damned pirate."

"That she did, Will," Violet puffed on his cheroot, "That she did."

Violet's grin could be seen shining brightly in the dark, as the Duke chuckled beside him.

****************************************

Gosh, I love Violet, lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 8.9K 38
(EDITORS PICK) In the bloody, ruthless, and decidedly uncouth world of 17th century pirates, can a woman deceive even those closest to her and surviv...
40.7K 1.5K 18
Orphaned by a hurricane, Marion Swift has grown up under the caring wing of Lady Taylor in Port Royal. Prim and proper, no one would've thought that...
65.6K 4.1K 104
Once upon a time, thousands of years ago, men and fae lived side by side. These were often dark times, as men had little means to defend themselves f...
635K 16.1K 33
A Will Turner love story ~ A flower and a blacksmith were best friends. The young girl fell in love with the young boy. But he thinks he loves anothe...