With You In A Coma

By sweet_stimorol

Daisy, a fun outgoing teenage girl embarks on a journey of young love and mystery. Together with her boyfrien... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 - Court day
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 5

68 4 1
By sweet_stimorol

I felt the bed dip as two heavy, teenage boys cheerfully jumped on it.

'Little girl, get your lazy bum out right this second,' Tiago said.

'Yeah you lazy bum.' Eldon encouraged gazing down at my sleepy figure.

In reply all I did was groan at them and slapped my face against the silky heaven that was my pillow. The two persistently annoyed me until all I could do was kiss my beauty sleep goodbye.

Looking around the room, realization hit that I had left my whole life behind. My brother and my friends had been my ride or dies since forever and now I was stuck with those two idiots. Thinking of my life made me feel down-hearted that my own parents weren't even there to send me off.

I was quick to erase those thoughts since I seemed to go on a spiral whenever I thought of them. My lovely guardians that truly cared for me and my well being. Even I could taste my own sarcasm heavily coating those lies as my brother had practically raised me in the absence of our parents.

'Good morning to you too,' Eldon said.

'I'm also having a great morning thanks for asking Daisy.' Tiago added.

I scoffed at their pettiness and made my way to the bathroom to get ready for a pool day. The three of us were lounging in the beautiful pool when Eldon carried me to the poolside. I giggled all the way 'till he placed me down which earned us a groan from Tiago.

Eldon was still in the pool when he began to nervously twiddle with my fingers. Did he have news to break to me? Did Tiago get him up to speed on my interaction with Riker on the plane?

'I have something I want to give to you.' He said calming my nerves a bit.

I looked down at our intertwined hands as he pulled off his and dipped them into his swim shorts. He pulled out a gleaming piece of silver metal skillfully carved into a band that I then realized was a ring. He took my hand in his.

'I know that a daisy is a flower but you are my treasure. I've never felt for someone the way that I feel for you. If my heart was an alarm, it would always ring for you. I want a lifetime with you my darling.'

My heart raced, my stomach fluttered as my cheeks tinted a deep red or so I wanted to feel. After such a confession I was supposed to be head over heels but the only thought that ran through my mind was how distraught Eldon would be if I rejected him. He took my silence as a go ahead to continue.

'With you at 17 and me at 18 I know that it isn't ideal to get married so to prove my dedication to you I want to give you, Daisy Lorelei Enya Azra Damaris, this promise ring.'

Before he could slip it onto my finger I hastily pulled away and stood up from the pool side. His eyes were crowded with confusion as I scurried out of the lounging area.

In the distance I could hear Tiago's voice mumbling 'Daisy lorry enny azzy Damaris, imagine her mom trynna scold her.'

I hated myself for definitely destroying two years worth of a relationship.

Breakfast during that morning was what I dreaded the most. The silence around the kitchen table was louder than the forks cluttering. Eldon and I had to talk about it but neither of us knew where to begin.

Tiago tried to lighten up the mood clearly noticing our tense figures.

I shuffled the food around my plate; my appetite was as non-existent as Eldon's promise ring on my finger.

Tiago wasn't even done eating when he stood up claiming to go and feed a puppy that we didn't even have. I took a glance at Eldon noticing how his head was hung low and his golden strands of hair shielded his face from my view. Deciding to gather up courage, I made an effort to apologize.

'Hey are you okay?' I asked.

After minutes of no response he looked up at me with squinted eyes that screamed 'no shit sherlock'. Even the clouds above could see that he was in the least bit okay.

'I apologize for making you feel bad but I personally think that we're not yet ready for the next step.' I explained.

'What do you mean? We have been together for years now it's only right that we start thinking about marriage.'

I gaped at him.

'Oh so you felt obligated to give me a promise ring just because that is what felt right.' At that point I didn't even know what I was arguing against though it felt like he did it simply out of duty. It was probably because we were each other's first loves and had never been with other people aside from each other.

'No Daisy I genuinely love you and can't see myself living without you.'

It hung with me how he never mentioned me being his partner or wife, he didn't see the two of us together I presumed.

'As your partner or as just a friend because as far as I know this love you talk about has felt like brotherly love lately.' At that, Eldon slammed his lips shut but that wasn't long lived.

'Well yeah.......' Is all he had to say.

That was the first time during the argument that we had actually agreed on something. 'I am well aware that the vibe in our relationship has faded but I am willing to stick around and rekindle our love. Isn't that what every couple should do?' He genuinely spoke and I felt my heart open up to him.

What was I doing by pushing him away when instead I should've been pushing my uninvited feelings for a certain stunning man away?

'I'm also willing to stick around.'

I smiled at Eldon who reciprocated though it didn't quite reach his eyes.

'Aww you can hug now.' Tiago popped out from the entrance.

'Douche,' Eldon snarled at his twin for eavesdropping into our heated conversation.

'You guys are literally the power couple' Tiago fangirled in a high pitched voice as he slung his arm over my shoulder.

'So can I be your bridesmaid at the wedding?' Tiago asked me. It was a mystery if that had been a joke or not. With Tiago, you can never be too sure.
'Only you can pull off a dress my dear brother.' Eldon mocked. I laughed at that to which Tiago playfully glared at me.

Eldon walked behind us with the sole purpose to slap Tiago's arm that was still draped around my shoulders.

'Ouch' he whined.

'Go get your own girlfriend' Eldon scolded as he downed a glass of litchi juice.

'Why brother dearest when we can share just like twins are supposed to.' I smacked Tiago upside his head for that one to which he whined again. 'Sometimes I wish you remained lost' Eldon retorted jokingly.

The two continued bickering as I thought about their weirdly satisfying relationship. Eldon and Tiago were identical twins separated at birth. Their mother passed away months after the two were born and their dad got involved in some illegal operations so as to get money to feed his orphaned children. They thrived for a few more months before it all came back to bite him in the backside.

'Earth to Daisy,' both boys screamed in my ear.

'Damn it, my ear drums.' I jumped off the stool trying to increase the distance from them.

I then left to get ready for our first official day in Shunn city. We had started off on a bad foot but the sky had begun to open up for us. Noticing the amount of cloud cover I put on warm clothes and so did the boys.
Walking out of my room, Eldon stared at me as if I had transformed from nothing to everything.

'Wow, you look gorgeous,' he said as he spun me around admiring me. A smile painted my face as I complemented him too.

'You look good too sexy man Tiago! oh thank you guys.' Tiago spoke striking several poses for us.

Both Eldon and I ignored him as we made our way to the rented Mercedes we had parked outside. The rest of the afternoon was spent scouting for apartments as we were yet to open Johnny's dinner for diners.

Johnny was the name of Eldon and Tiago's dad. Eldon had told me on countless occasions how opening a food place was always Johnny's dream that was carried by the wind when everything went south.

A nearby apartment building is where we began our scavenger hunt but to no avail. Apparently, we were too young to sign a leasing contract. The salesman referred us to a real estate agent who took us to a lavish residential area, Amka town.

The houses were state of the art at a reasonable prize which was a definite yes. Unfortunately, there was only one house left. Eldon, Tiago and I were quick to refuse at the idea of staying together as it'd be a total disaster shaped in various genres.

But as we returned to our hotel in the capital I found myself considering the idea.

It was dinner time when I decided to break the news to the two morons.

'Guys I bought the house in Amka town.' The two stared at me mouths agape.

'Why in the sweet chocolate fudge would you do that.' Tiago scolded.

'Yeah Daisy I thought we agreed on scouting for other houses.' Eldon said.

'And that we'd split the cost.' Tiago added.

I tried to make them understand that the house was big enough for the three of us to stay in and still have our own personal space. After hours of endless discussions, we finally made ends meet and decided to move into the house.

That night I had a lot on my mind including the failed proposal, my little deal to try and rekindle my love with Eldon and our new house.

Among all those, a distinct memory pulled me out of my daze.

'It makes me happy to know that I had the undeserved priviledge to raise such an amazing boy like you. At times I wish your twin had been there too. Eldon my son, I want you to find your brother and make peace with him. He is my failed responsibility but he's also your flesh and blood. The two of you are identical, I'm sure you'll find him. Also, follow your dreams and don't ever let anything get in the way of that, even school. After all there is more to life than academic success.'

The last words Johnny said before something tragic happened to him. Something that Eldon was still yet to tell me about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403 16 24
Jasmine's life has been full of misfortunes and losses, but nothing compared to the moment her daughter was taken from her right before her eyes. She...
757K 42.8K 47
After a car accident leaves Riley Perez in a coma, she wakes up in the hospital a year later. With the absence of the memories of her loved ones, she...
263K 10.8K 25
"I knew if I wanted a relationship, I should find someone else. But I didn't want anyone else and I still don't." I managed to take his arm from arou...