Dovetail

By ChinitaQueen25

[Royal Academy's 2nd book] They won and they lived but will they be able to survive the emerging bloodshed? ... More

Dovetail
Pharaohs
Half-blood
Normal
Once King
Unconscious
Hanada
Dead
Gray
Past
Celebration
Woman
Amara
History
Father
Night
Message
Drink
Heart
Fulumbra
Hold on
Son of Poseidon
Voices
Scroll
Moments
Renvela
Heiress
Akita
Niece
Elders
Taldor
Surge
Escaped
Future
Enlightened
Guests
Asleep
Identity
Emergence
2nd wave
Azalaura
Still Changing
Armour
Time
Wizard
Epilogue
3rd book

Arrival

5K 369 51
By ChinitaQueen25

Dedicated to mavviannaaa! Thank you so much for reading and supporting my works! Enjoy reading!!

**

"Azalaura's dead." Balita ni Enfys kay Sefarina na biglang napadilat at hindi makapaniwalang tumingin sa kanya.

"No way... There's no way Luna would kill her!" Pasigaw nitong bulong.

"It's not her, Sef. It was the King." Natahimik si Sefarina at napasandal sa pader. 

"Gago, ang sakit pala." Bigla nitong sabi kay Enfys habang pinipigilang lumuha.

Enfys realized that even though they weren't really close friends, Azalaura and Sefarina still had memories together, and seeing how it would only be a memory was what was hurting her.

She gently patted her back, comforting her, but stopped when she heard the hissing of the dofuses becoming louder and louder as seconds passed, indicating that they were nearby.

"I'm sorry to stop you from being dramatic but we need to go." Aniya at agad itong tinulungan para makatayo.

"Teka lang, tangina aray." Sunod sunod na reklamo ni Sefarina.

Enfys tore the end of her shirt, almost exposing her stomach, and crumbled it before inserting it inside Sefarina's mouth.

She smiled, patted her cheeks, and drew a circle beneath them. When their feet landed on it, it changed into a glass.

"Hold tight." Inosente niyang ngiti kay Sefarina bago niya ginalaw ang kinatatayuan nila para dalhin sila sa kabilang parte ng palasyo.

Their ears were followed by a loud sound that sounded like something was being crumbled into pieces. Enfys turned around to see the battlement being knocked down by the dofuses.

If they were even a split second late, they would almost certainly have collapsed with the battlement.

"Hmm! Hmm!" Pinaningkitan ng mata ni Enfys si Sefarina na pilit kumakawala sa hawak niya. 

Hindi niya ito pinansin pero panay ang paglikot nito at paggalaw ng ulo papunta sa ibang direksyon kaya wala siyang nagawa kung hindi ang tanggalin ang busal nito sa bibig. 

Hingal namang huminga si Sefarina bago tuluyang nagsalita.

"Si Luna!"

Her eyes widened as she looked in the direction Sef had been trying to show her. She took a look around and maneuvered the platform inside the thick leaves of the tree near where Luna and Armour were, to hide from the enemies.

She shifted her gaze, tiptoeing, and was shocked to see Luna fighting with her eyes closed. Her clothes are ripped, and her body is riddled with wounds and scratches, all of which are covered in blood.

No. This is not possible.

Enfys moved her eyes to the far end of the palace, hoping to find the person who was supposed to be protecting her, but she received no response.

"What the fuck, Luna lang?! Stand up!" Gulat na ani Sefarina sa tabi niya.

She motioned her to stop talking because she was afraid Armour would detect them, and in their current state, none of them could help Luna.

Enfys kept her gaze fixed on Luna, who was now kneeling, her left hand on the ground to support her body and her right tightly clutching her chest, coughing her own blood. On the far end, Dame can't be seen because of the smoke he's emitting.

Biting her lip, she inspected the area and began devising ways she could possibly do to help Luna without drawing Armour's attention.

"Bakit ba kasi nakapikit si Luna? Tangina, mamamatay na't lahat inuuna pa rin ang pride na hindi makita 'yang lolo niya." Lait ni Sefarina.

"No. It's not like that." Mahina niyang sagot.

"Medusa." Dugtong niya.

Armour's collision with the witches brought him a lot of things. The first is the Akita, a lifeline curse. For he shall never be separated from it, and he shall always remember that as long as the Akita exists, he will exist.

Second, an immortality curse. It wasn't the crests he kept stealing that made him immortal, but the witches who wanted him to feel death but eventually come back to life. They wanted him to live forever, remembering the pain with each death.

And ultimately, a Medusa curse. He was given the eyes of Medusa, and anyone who looks into them will turn to stone and never live again.

"Pero si Damien..." Nanghihinang bulong ni Sefarina.

"Dame is a half-blood, Sef. Paalala niya sa kaibigan.

Half-bloods have always posed a threat, not just in the pyramid, but throughout the realms. Their existence raises many questions, such as how they are able to do this and...

What else they can do.

"Fuck, ouch ha!" Matinis na mura ni Iraia at hinagis ang sarili sa ere.

She summoned her clones as she moved her hands to allow the veins in her arms to flow before wrapping them around the heads of the dofuses. 

"Ang sarap sa tenga kapag ikaw yung nagmumura, bakit gano'n?" Sword asked, his hands occupied with the release of poisonous dusts.

"H-hoy! Ilag!" Sigaw niya nang makita ang mga pana na paparating sa dalaga.

But because she was preoccupied with chopping off their enemies' heads, she wasn't able to react quickly, which is why her left wing was shot.

Sword cursed and hurled a cloud of poisonous dust at the dofuses, pushing them away before capturing Iraia.

Nagpa-panic niyang nilibot ang tingin para maghanap ng makakagamot sa dalaga pero wala siyang makita bukod sa kanilang dalawa.

"Shit. Okay ka lang ba?" Tanga niyang tanong na ikinangiwi ni Iraia.

"R-remove it, p-please." Nasasaktan nitong pagmamakaawa sa kanya.

He's at a loss for what to do first. He must find someone to heal Iraia before anything bad happens to her, but he must also seize the dofuses who have surrounded them. 

Kaya gano'n na lang ang pagliwanag ng kanyang mukha nang makita ang pagdating ng ilang miyembro ng Pharaohs kasama si Master Laidre.

"Help!" Sigaw niya habang winawagayway ang isang kamay para makita nila lalo na't lahat sila'y nasa ere habang nakikipaglaban.

"Huh? Who you?" Takang tanong ni Pream habang nanliliit ang mata.

"What the fuck..." Mabilis na lumipad pababa si Veton at maingat na kinuha si Iraia mula sa bisig ni Sword.

"I'm going to leave. Ingat kayo." He felt Sword tap his shoulder as he ran towards the palace's hidden corner.

He tried to find Enfys to help her heal his woman pero hindi niya makita kaya wala siyang choice kung hindi ang ilapag ang dalaga na ngayo'y nawalan na ng malay. Nanginginig ang kanyang kamay na hinawakan ang palaso na nakatarak sa pakpak nito at agad na hinatak.

"Ahh!" Biglang sigaw ni Iraia kasabay nang pagtulo ng mga luha nito.

"Hey, hey. It's fine." Alo ni Veton sa dalaga at inalalayan ito para maihiga sa kanyang dibdib.

Ilang beses itong napaigtad dahil sa sakit habang naaawa itong pinapanood ni Veton na walang magawa kung hindi ang aluhin ang dalaga.

"Hahanapin ko na ba si Flaire?" Malambot niyang tanong sa dalaga na hindi sumagot.

"I'm here." Napaangat siya ng tingin sa dalagang gutay gutay na ang suot.

If he were still sane and had enough energy, he'd laugh at Flaire's state and play with her. 

Flaire knelt behind Iraia, tying her hair and resting her trembling hands on Iraia's broken wing. Veton watched as the hole in Iraia's wing gradually reformed into a whole, as if it had never been torn in the first place.

"I can only fix her wing and remove a bit of her pain." Tango ni Flaire sa kanya.

"I-it's okay... Thank you for healing my wing." Mahinang bulong ni Iraia na ginawaran pa si Flaire ng malambot na ngiti.

"I'll contact Diamante to keep you hidden under their noses. Magtago muna kayo." Flaire waved her hand lazily before shrinking to the size of a thread as a clear colored firecracker flew up into the sky.

"Ouch!" Maarteng saad ni Stella matapos lumagapak sa lapag dahil sa sipa ng dofus.

Stella clutched her stomach, flinching in pain after being kicked by a dofus, as she looked back to order these idiots to kill each other.

"I thought you were special because Armour used you as his army, but you're all just dumb giants who knew nothing but to smash, kick, and throw." She grunted and whined in annoyance.

"Kapatid ni Master Kreme!" Eskandalosang tawag ni Pream habang nakaduro sa dalaga.

"Yes, love?"

Pream felt a chill run through his bones and moved away from her, shaking his head. "Yung likod mo nagdudugo." 

"I'm fine." She smiled and continued to concentrate while maintaining a steady control over the dofuses around them.

"Let her. She is capable of handling herself." Master Kreme had already intervened before he could even respond to Stella.

"Ikaw, Master? Kaya pa?" Nag-aalalang tanong ni Pream na ikinangisi naman ni Kreme.

"Baldado lang yung kanang kamay ko pero buo pa 'yan." He confidently answered.

Pream frowned at his response, and all he could do was scratch his nose as he recalled how stupid he and Veton are.

"You fools, stand up!" Sermon ni Master Laidre sa kanilang dalawa matapos silang pagsisipain.

"Pare, 'wag mo ako pigilan. Magkamatayan na, hindi ko bibitawan 'tong tangina na 'to." Sinubukan niyang manghingi ng saklolo dahil lalong nanggigil si Veton at mas hinatak pa ang kanyang buhok. 

"Then die."

Napatigil silang dalawa at sabay na napalingon kay Master Laidre na halos binabalatan na sila ng buhay dahil sa masasamang titig nito.

"Watch out!" Hindi na sila nagkaroon pa ng tyansang lumingon dahil mabilis na humarang si Master Kreme para saluhin ang magkakasabay na atake ng natirang mga rebels.

Nanggagalaiti hinawi ni Master Laidre si Master Kreme papunta sa likod nito at ito naman ngayon ang umatake. 

He opened both of his palms as his eyes shifted to the shade that mirrored the ocean, and in an instant, a thunderous growl of an animal rose.

"Tangina, andyan na siya!" Kabadong sigaw ni Veton habang nakaturo sa hippocampus na ngayon ay gumagapang papalapit sa mga rebels na hindi magkamayaw sa pag-atake.

But none of them escaped as the hippocampus swallowed them alive. Agad namang namutla si Pream nang mapagtantong kumakain ng tao ang alaga ni Poseidon na siyang nakaharap nila noon.

"Sorry, Master." Paghingi ng tawad ni Pream dahil sila ang may kasalanan kung bakit hindi ngayon magalaw ni Master Kreme ang kanan nitong kamay na panay ang pagtulo ng dugo.

"Don't mention it. Just be alive and stay vigilant." Paalala nito at tumakbo na papaalis.

"Luna!" Malakas na sigaw ni Damien kay Luna na hindi nakaiwas sa enerhiyang nilabas ng stick na hawak ni Armour.

Luna was thrown and painfully fell to the ground, as has been the case since they fought. Damien, who had just recovered from Armour's attack, moved quickly to give her time and went to fight him.

"Gago, hindi pa ba 'to mamamatay?" Nanghihinang bulong ni Luna habang pilit dinidilat ang mata.

She thought her months of training would be enough to prepare her for the battle, but because she had been closing her eyes, she couldn't control her attacks or anticipate Armour's attacks because her senses were messed up.

Despite the fact that Damien has been reminding her to gather her shits, Armour is deliberately messing with her. It's no surprise that her broken bones are now higher than her healed ones.

'Balance, Luna. Does it ring a bell?'

Her eyes opened and she desperately searched for the person who had just spoken to her. She turned to face Enfys, who was now fighting while protecting the unconscious Sefarina on her back.

Luna clenched her teeth and wiped a tear from her eye before nodding to Enfys.

The message of the prophecy was not always clear. It could be a forewarning or one's destiny.

Whatever it is, the most important thing for anyone to understand is that the prophecy's choice of words always has an impact on the outcome.

Every word, every tone, everything has a connection.

Her mouth slowly released a giggle, which quickly turned into laughter. How did she miss the fact that the prophecy has a significant impact on her life? 

Because the prophecy speaks of her... and her fate.

And the warning it has been giving her must be carried out today. She must rouse the divided royalties who rule each kingdom.

Before she can kill the man behind the shadow, who is carrying the most potent poison anyone could have, the elders must be present.

"Sa likod mo!" Paalala ni Lady Eavour kay Lithus na mabilis dumapa at naglabas ng patalim na gawa sa bakal bago hinagis sa mata ng kalaban.

"Thanks, Lady Eav."

Tumango naman ang huli at hinablot ang kamay ng dofus na papalapit bago hinagis ang sarili papunta sa dibdib nito kasabay ng malakas niyang paghampas ng kanyang palad roon. Her attack emitted a red and black smoke respectively as the dofus started trembling.

Nakangisi siyang tumalon pababa habang pinapanood itong mamatay dahil lingid sa kaalaman nila'y sumasabog na ang loob ng katawan nito.

"So brutal." Rinig niyang bulong ni Lithus na tinawanan lang niya.

Natigil siya sa pagtawa nang makaramdam ng hapdi sa dalawa niyang paa. She looked below and saw the snake head of the dofus biting her legs. Agad siyang naglabas ng apoy at pinaligo 'yon sa ulo ng dofus.

Nang abo na lang ang matira ay nanghihina siyang napaluhod sa kanyang kinatatayuan na ikinagulat ni Lithus.

"Lady!" Mabilis siya nitong sinalo bago pa tuluyang bumagsak ang katawan sa lapag.

Lithus immediately helped her in standing up, and before they could even leave the spot where they were standing, the heavens roared. The sky's constant blinking was accompanied by trembling noises, as if it was calling out to something, or perhaps someone.

Luna screamed in agony as she felt him pulling her hair from her back. She was on her knees, sweating from exhaustion and covered in blood from all her wounds. Her sobs grew louder after she saw how a dofus stabbed Enfys' shoulders.

She bit her lip, closed her eyes, and continued to release the energies stored in her body. She wasn't aware until today that the dovetail within her... is the energies themselves.

"D-do you think y-you'll live after t-this?" Utal niyang tanong sa matanda at natawa ng mahina.

After her question, Armour pulled her hair even tighter and began strangling her. She struggled to open her swollen eyes and smiled at the man who was staring at her with such intensity. 

If she hadn't trapped him, he might now be destroying their kingdom.

"Amara, dear. Don't waste your energy on me, alam mo naman na siguro ang kahihinatnan mo." Puno ng galit nitong bulong sa kanya at diniin ang pagkakasakal sa kanya.

Even though she couldn't speak, his words made her laugh. She wasn't doing this to prevent him from stealing her energy. She was doing this to bind the dovetail to the shattered pieces of their realms.

"F-fool." She grinned before succumbing to the lightning that struck her directly in the chest.

She did nothing but cry because of the pain and intensity, allowing it to flow within her. She could feel her veins thickening, her chest expanding, her hips widening, and her hair growing longer; she could feel every change in her body.

As the light faded, she remained kneeling on the ground. Although she appeared weak due to her current state, she felt light and the bursting of energies within her remained, only this time the connection was stronger and bolder.

"Armour."

She drew a small smile on her lips and tried to open her eyes to see the five elders she was trying so hard to wake up. She coughed, letting the familiar liquid escape her mouth before collapsing to the ground.

She did it.

**

Okay pa ba?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 5.3K 52
when nixie rose ester oliver gets a surprise email saying that she has been chosen as harry styles's tour photographer, she says yes. she says the t...
441K 18.3K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
120K 2.9K 19
Ava Mitchell and her older brother Pete are quite easily the best Navel Aviator's in the country along with their RIO's. When they get the once in a...
354K 10K 28
CURRENTLY REVISING. Expect updates but it is just the revision of the story. I hope you like it. A college girl gets her life ruined when her parents...