Chapter 40

Sang's P.O.V.

      After History, Victor and North walk me to lunch. All I can think of  the entire way there is what I'm going to say to all of them. All I know, is that I'm feeling a little bit more upset than I originally was. I don't think I would have realized what was happening if my boys hadn't pointed it out.

They're all sitting at the table already when we walk up. The three of us sit down and all of the boys go silent.

      "Listen, Sang," Kota says, "We're sorry about what happened yesterday and about keeping things from you." I can tell he's sincere, but a simple apology won't be enough this time.

      "Are we okay?," Luke asks.

       I shake my head, "I don't know if we are. I understand not telling me about the Academy, we really haven't known each other that long. But what you found out about me not technically existing? That's something I should know."

      The boys look at each other and I continue, "You know, the boys were right. You don't think I can handle things. Sometimes, I don't know if I can either, but at least they gave me the opportunity to try. Because, for whatever reason, they believed I could handle it. And I did, just fine."

In all honesty, I'm surprising myself by saying this. I don't like conflict, or being mad at anyone. But, they need to hear this.

"Sang, we didn't mean to treat you like that," Victor says. "We truly thought we were doing what was best at the time."

I nod, "I know you guys thought you were helping and you had the best intentions. But, they were right yesterday in saying that I wouldn't trust you guys if you weren't honest with me." I take a deep breath, "I don't want to put up with people lying and keeping things from me or making my decisions for me."

        "What can we do to make it up to you?," Silas asks.

       I think about it for a moment. "Prove that I can trust you guys. And Mr. Blackbourne has said that he'll be apologizing, but I think all of you should. Especially you," I point to North. "Raven didn't deserve any of that yesterday."

North looks torn as he looks at the others. Luke slaps him on the shoulder, "Just apologize to Raven." He looks really amused, but I don't understand why.

North grumbles something and Nathan looks at me, "He and Raven have a... complicated relationship."

I shrug, "Fix it. They kinda defended you guys after everything when they didn't have to. Look, I like being friends with you guys. But I don't want a repeat of yesterday. No matter what, I'm with them now. So if I have to choose between you guys, I know who I'm picking. Please don't make me choose."

Gabriel nods, "We will fix it. We'll make it up to you."

I nod, unsure of what to do or say now. I'm not the only one, because an uncomfortable silence falls across the table. I stand up and grab my stuff.

"Come on, Sang. You aren't even going to stay and eat?," North asks.

I shake my head, "Nope. I'll see you guys later." If I stay, I'll break and forgive them faster than I should.

The rest of the day is uneventful, I pretty much stick to myself. I hate it. I've gotten so used to being around the boys at school, that distancing myself now feels uncomfortable.

My mood lifts when school is over and Brandon is here to pick me up. I get in the car and sigh.

"How was today?," he asks.