Chapter 12

So sorry for any mistakes, it's 2:30 A.M. right now where I am and I'm attempting an all-nighter to get stuff down and I wanted to get this chapter done.
Sang's P.O.V.

       Today has been mentally and emotionally exhausting, to put it simply.

     I am now sitting in Biology in front of Silas, with my head laying down on my desk.

     I want nothing more than to curl up in bed and sleep. Knowing my luck, I won't be getting to do that.

After my interaction with Mr. McCoy, I don't even want to be here anymore.

Flashback to Study Hall

I walk to the back of the classroom. Something about Mr. McCoy is unsettling and I certainly don't like being the only one in the room.

I settle myself in the back, hoping that if I avoid any sort of contact, I could make it through Study Hall without any conflict.

Unfortunately, luck is not on my side today.

As I look through my bookbag, Mr. McCoy's voice interrupts me, "I bet you think you're very smart, don't you?"

I'm confused and flustered at this point, "I-I'm not sure what you mean."

I'm finally able to force myself to look at his face which has a wicked look on it. He says, "You know exactly what I mean. The skirt incident the other day," he inches closer with each word he says, "All the little sluts in this school and you're no different, are you? You like to stay on the edge of the rules, wear skirts that are slightly longer than fingertip length, so you can deny what you really are. Well I'm so damn tired of it."

I sink down into my seat, wanting nothing more than to disappear at the moment. I don't understand. I simply just want to wear a skirt because I like to wear them. What's wrong with that?

He makes his way behind me and I hear just how close he is.

Class starts soon, how am I this unlucky that nobody else has come in?

I feel his arms on my shoulders clamp down tightly and my body goes rigid.

He gets really close to my ear and whispers in my ear, "Girls like you get what's coming to them eventually."

     Finally a student walks in and he backs away, walking back to the front of the room.

Students filter in and when it's time to start he says, "Welcome back students. This is your study hall as you all know. No phones, no talking, no distractions. Now, everybody stand up, I'm doing assigned seats."

I stand on shaky legs and walk to the side of the room, phasing out whoever Mr. McCoy. My heart is racing, my mouth is dry, and my throat feels constricted.

"Sang Sorensen!," Mr. McCoy barks my name and I'm brought back to reality. He glares at me and points at the desk directly in front of his own.

I duck my head and sit down in my seat. I look at the person to my right and almost do a double take.

Greg from homeroom sends me a quick wink.

Fantastic.

End of Flashback

My trance is broken by a nudge on my back.

"Sang Sorensen," the teacher calls, I assume for the second time now.

I raise my hand and the teacher nods, moving on to the next student.