Chapter 26

This chapter is the result of an all-nighter so there will be mistakes I didn't catch!

Hope you guys enjoy!
Sang's P.O.V.

Monday morning rolled around fast, despite me not doing much yesterday. Everybody was busy, so I spent the day listening to music and reading. I have been spending all my spare time with these guys recently, and it felt strange having the day to myself.

I feel like I won't be having much of that now.

On top of that, I have school work I'm going to have to catch up on, which Corey has already kindly offered to help me with when I go to Sergeant Jasper tonight.

I've been excited to go back to school, but as I'm getting ready, I can't help but worry.

       What if there's some retaliation from the fight? I'm sure the guys wouldn't let that happen, but they can't be by my side all the time.

       I guess the only thing I can do is hope for the best right now.

       I grab the outfit Gabriel picked out for me, which is a dark blue cotton sort and a light gray blouse. I brush through my hair. I'm tempted to put it up, but I know that won't last long.

       I'm also supposed to meet with Mr. Blackbourne during homeroom to discuss what I'll be replacing my study hall with.

       I've barely spoken to him, but he makes me nervous. He seems nice enough, though. Just very intimidating.

I make my way downstairs. Today I'll be taking the bus for the first time. I told Axel last night that they shouldn't be picking me up anymore.

He told me that they didn't mind taking me to school, but I insisted, in fear of my stepmother finding out.

He reluctantly agreed, but told me to check the mailbox before I left for school.

I walk out, wondering what he could have put in there.

When I open it, I want to cry.

One of them had driven here earlier this morning to put a bagged lunch in the mailbox.

I don't know why a bagged lunch almost brings me to tears.

I put the lunch in my book bag and make a mental note to thank them later.

   I walk down to the bus stop, where a few people I don't recognize are standing along with Marie.

     She doesn't acknowledge my presence, which doesn't really bother me. I've grown used to it.

    As we are waiting for the bus, I see Kota walk out of his house.

        I watch as he walks to his car, before looking around. He spots me and waves.

      I lift my arm and give him a small wave back.

     He tries to wave me over, but I shake my head.

      I can't risk getting caught. I've been pushing the limits too much recently.

      He puts his keys away and walks over to me.

       "Hey, I can give you a ride," Kota tells me.

        I shake my head again, "Sorry, I can't. My Mom wouldn't be happy if she found out." I keep my voice low, considering Marie isn't too far away.

     "Alright," he nods, "Looks like I'm taking the bus then."

       "You don't need to do that. I'm fine taking the bus."