Chapter 15

Sang's P.O.V.

Gabriel pulls me into a room where two guys are sitting.

One is Dr. Green. The other is somebody I would ultimately describe as perfection.

    He has pale skin with short soft brown hair that is cut short and brushed back from his face. He has steel-grey eyes that are covered by a pair of black-rimmed glasses.

       "Gabriel, how nice of you to join us," Mr. Perfect tells Gabriel before looking at me, "You're Ms. Sorensen, I assume? I hope you have a good reason for being late."

      I look down at my ripped shirt and Gabriel's disheveled appearance and bruising face. Isn't it obvious?

      Gabriel voices what I'm thinking, "Sorry, we were a bit held up. Literally. Getting our fucking assess kicked."

      I'm assuming this is Mr. Blackbourne. His face is stoic, showing no reaction to Gabriel's words, "Language, Mr. Coleman. Now, what happened?"

      Gabriel briefly describes the incident briefly and all Mr. Blackbourne asks, "Stun gun? In school?"

     The way he looks at me makes me feel guilty for some reason but Gabriel says, "I'm sorry, did you miss something?"

     He spins me around, "Ripped stitches!"

      I turn around and look at the ground, not liking the situation I have gotten myself into.

       Dr. Sean hops into action, getting supplies while Mr. Blackbourne looks at Gabriel, "Wait outside. If any of the other boys try to come in tell them to wait."

      Gabriel sighs but nods and hugs me lightly before walking out.

      Mr. Blackbourne looks at me, "Ms. Sorensen, I'm sorry we have to meet under these circumstances. Your schedule will have to wait, obviously. Dr. Green will help stitch you back up momentarily."

      I nod and then realize that getting these stitched will probably take a while. I shake my head, "You know what? I'm fine. I can get this stitched this up later."

     Mr. Blackbourne raises an eyebrow, "What kind of teachers would we be if we allowed that?"

     I simply shrug as my anxiety goes through the roof. If I'm not home on time, I'm as good as dead.

As if Mr. Blackbourne can sense my anxiety, he steps forward slightly, "Ms. Sorensen, is there a reason you don't want Dr. Green to stitch you?"

I look down at my feet, "I just need to be home when my bus gets there."

"Well, I'm sure your parents would understand, ripped stitches happen and you need help."

"No, they didn't even take me to get them the first time. You don't understand," my eyes snap to his so maybe he will get it, "I have to be home when that bus gets there."

All rationality has left my brain. My survival mode was now kicking in.

His face slightly changes for the first time, showing a faint look of recognition before he says calmly, "Alright. We have time, you will be home by then. We have thirty minutes and Dr. Green is good at what he does."

I nod and I hear, "You finally admit it and it's not even to my face. How rude."

Mr. Blackbourne looks at Dr. Green, "Not the time. Her back, quickly."

Dr. Green rolls his eyes and turns to me, "Alright, my favorite student and patient," he winks, "Here's a hospital gown, I keep some of them here just in case. Mr. Blackbourne and I are going to leave for a few minutes to let you change out of your top and into that. Then you can lay on your stomach and I'll get you as good as new."