Chapter 28

Unedited

Thank you guys for the love on the last chapter, even though I wasn't feeling it. I usually try to respond to everyone, but I was up for three days straight, just writing. I definitely needed to pause and get some sleep, plus my job is unfortunately back open. I did read them all and I thank you all for the continued support!

Also, I was rereading this story and realized that I did write the Blackbourne Team is pretty aware about Sang's home situation. That was written before I took that long break while I was sick, so I didn't remember until now. I'm going to be eventually rewrite so that Sang isn't as open about it. So up until this point, they are only assuming she's being abused, besides North and their conversation.

I hope you guys enjoy!
Sang's P.O.V.

      A little bit later, Dr. Green shows up with Mr. Blackbourne, leaving me to wonder why the boys are so close to two of our teachers. They all started school the same day as me, I'm not sure how they would have the time to get close.

Mr. Blackbourne looks as stoic as ever, simply crossing his arm, "Mr. Lee, report."

His words confuse me even more, they talk as if they've known each other for a long time. I'm not sure how I didn't put the pieces together before.

"We were hanging out when all of a sudden Sang's voice got all weird and she started coughing. We got her to admit that her Mom made her drink lemon juice and vinegar."

Dr. Green looks shocked at Kota's words, while Mr. Blackbourne is impossible to read.

"Miss Sorenson, is it safe to assume that your Mother is the reason for the stitches on your back?," Mr. Blackbourne asks.

I hesitate, but nod.

"Words, Miss Sorenson."

"Yes. But it's only because she's sick, she only acts out sometimes because of her medicine." I try to use the same excuse that I've used with everyone, even though I know that it won't satisfy anyone.

His lips go down, almost in a frown, "We'll discuss this more after Dr. Green checks you out."

Dr. Green walks over to me and kneels in front of the chair I'm sitting in, "How are you feeling?"

     "I'm fine," I lean in to whisper, "Everybody is overreacting."

    He grins as I look into his dazzling green eyes. He whispers back, "They tend to do that. They meet a pretty girl and they don't know how to act. His comment makes me blush slightly. "However this time I don't think they are. Are you sure you don't have any pain right now?," this time he speaks loud enough for everyone to hear him.

     I nod, "My throat was just scratchy, but I'm fine now Dr. Green. Promise."

    He searches my face for any detection that I'm lying. "Call me Sean." His words take me by surprise.

     "Are you sure about that?" I ask.

      "Of course. Only pretty girls like you get the privilege," he says in a teasing tone.

     "Alright, Sean." It feels awkward, just because he is a teacher. But if the boys trust him, so do I.

    "Dr. Green, now is certainly not the appropriate time for flirting. Especially one who is a student."