Chapter 16

Corey's P.O.V.

"Sang? What's wrong?"

Sang begins talking too fast for me to understand, "Sang, I need you to breathe and calm down."

I hear her rapid breathing begin to slow down, "There was a fight. They were bullying somebody because they thought he was gay. I got involved. The Vice Principal is a total creep and I'm getting suspended. They are calling home and my Mom is actually going to kill me. What do I do?"

I obviously want to know what all of that means, but now is not the time to ask. I quickly form a plan, "Sang, you trust me right?"

"Yes," she says without any hesitation.

"I'm going to have to hang up, but I'm going to take care of it. You are going to be fine."

"Alright," she says, sounding confused.

I tell her goodbye and get to work. I redline Axel, who obviously answers immediately.

        "Corey, what's wrong?"

        "Axel, I don't have time to explain. I'm currently intercepting a call and it's going to go to your phone. You are going to pretend to be Richard Sorenson."

       Without any hesitation, Axel says, "Alright. But I am expecting an explanation later."

      He hangs up as I mutter, "So am I."

      The call finally goes through and I work fast to have it transferred to Axel.

I really hope this works, for Sang's sake.

Sang's P.O.V.

After I finish the call, I sit and wait. I'm worried, but Corey told me he will take care of it. I don't know how he can take care of this, but I trust him.

While I'm waiting, Luke walks up. He sits down and smiles at me sadly, "How are you doing?"

"Could be better. Why aren't you in class?"

"Gabriel texted us all."

He looks unsure, but says, "Look, nobody is going to say it because we are all a little pissed about the situation. Some more than others. Silas is holding North back right now," he laughs awkwardly, "But thank you for helping Gabriel. I wish you hadn't put yourself into that situation and I will say that Gabriel could have fought back. But, deep down, all of us know he wouldn't have. He's heard this his stuff his entire life. He gave up defending himself a long time ago."

My heart hurts at Luke's words. It's not fair. From the little time I've spent with the guys, I've gotten a glimpse of Gabriel's passion for the things he loves. He doesn't deserve this.

"There's no need to thank me," I tell him truthfully.

He nods, "Yes, there is. You got hurt, for somebody you barely know."

We both stay silent for a moment before Luke asks, "How much trouble are you in?"

I sigh, "Suspended for the rest of the week."

He gapes at my words, "What about the guys that started this?"

"Detention for the rest of the week."

"That's bullshit!," he exclaims.

I nod, before I mutter, "The whole thing is unfair."

I'm not saying I shouldn't be in trouble. But I was only defending Gabriel.

I would do it again.