Chapter 13

Sang's P.O.V.

     Since it's the first day of Gym, all of the students in this period gathered in the Gymnasium.

     Also, we don't have to dress out today. They told us about the mile we will have to compete soon.

     Gabriel is in my class and Nathan is supposed to be, but he never shows. Gabriel opts to sit with me on the side with the girls instead of the boys.

     Gabriel shrugs his shoulders when I ask why Nathan didn't show and I don't ask again, not wanting to pry.

    Suddenly a man and Mr. McCoy walk into the Gymnasium, their eyes searching the students, until they land on Gabriel. They walk over to where we are seated and suddenly my palms break out into a sweat. I rub my hands on my skirt repeatedly, trying to calm myself down.

    Gabriel eyes my movements but before he can question me, the man with Mr. McCoy says, "Good afternoon, kids, I'm Principal Hendricks. Hate to interrupt," he looks harshly at Gabriel, "You're one of Mr. Blackbourne's kids right?"

     Gabriel nods quickly, "Yes sir. How can I help you?"

    "Mr. Morgan didn't show up for his last class today. And I'm sure you noticed Mr. Griffin isn't here. Would you have any idea as to why?"

    Gabriel shakes his head, "I have no idea. Maybe they felt sick or had an emergency. Either way, I'm sure if you ask Mr. Blackbourne, he would know. We are required to report to him."

        Principal Hendricks lips press together firmly, "Well this isn't your Academy. Here you report to Mr. McCoy or me."

         I'm very confused, but don't say anything. Who is Mr. Blackbourne? And why would the Principal question Gabriel where Victor and Nathan are?  What Academy is he talking about?

     He turns around without another word while Mr. McCoy sends me a quick glare, making me flinch. A little movement I'm sure Gabriel noticed and I talk before he can ask.

      "Gabriel, what was that?"

      He sighs and shakes his head, "I don't know. Those are some weird guys."

I simply nod. Something doesn't exactly add up about what he said, but I just met them. And it's not like I've been completely honest with some of them either, so it's not my place to question what they decide to tell me or not.

    Gabriel and I talk a little for the remainder of the class before the bell rings, indicating the end of the day.

     Gabriel and I tell each other goodbye, before I walk to my bus.

Once I finally get on, I sit in the back, so relieved that this day is over.

During the short ride, I wonder if there is any way for me to switch my study hall. I don't think I'll survive the year with Mr. McCoy.

We reach home all too soon and dread fills me once again.

Is Mom awake? Is Dad home? Is there going to be something I did, resulting in another punishment?

When we get to our stop, I see Marie who is seated at the front, start to get off. I follow suit until we reach the front of the house.

     Suddenly I hear my name called, "Sang!"

     I turn around and Kota is across the street, waving at me.

    I wave back and when he takes a step forward, I frantically shake my head. He looks confused but doesn't take another step.