Chapter 35

Unedited- sorry for any mistakes.

So sorry for my long absence. If you guys didn't see my updates, or if you don't read Under Her Spell, I was pretty sick for a while and I still am. I had to see six different Doctors and ended up in the emergency room. I have gastritis, aka severe inflammation of the stomach lining. It's caused some severe pain and some other not so fun symptoms. I'm getting better by the day, but it's still going to be a while before I'm 100%. Thankfully, I'm feeling a bit more energetic so I'll be writing more often again. I'm so excited to be back and writing this story for you guys again! This isn't my favorite chapter I've written but I'm just trying to get back into the mindset of writing this story.

Hope you all enjoy!
Sang's P.O.V.

      The next morning I'm awake a while before Brandon and I come to the conclusion that I need to go ahead and tell them about the pictures.

     I mean, it can't be a coincidence. And I can't even be surprised my Father didn't mention anything. I can't think of a time where we've had a normal conversation. I have no clue what the connection between the two could be, but something about this entire situation doesn't feel right to me.

      Eventually he does wake up. He groans and rubs his eyes with the palms of his hands. "Morning," he says, "Have you been awake long?"

I shake my head, "Just a little bit."

He sighs, "I hate that we have to take you home to that woman."

      I'm not sure what to say to that. Nothing I say will make him feel him better about it.

"I'll be okay," I tell him, "Nothing is going to happen."

"Sang, don't make promises you can't keep," he says.

"I'm just being optimistic. I just need to lay low when I'm home."

Brandon shakes his head, "You shouldn't have to lay low. You shouldn't even be there anymore."

I sigh, "Let's not worry about that. Let's just focus on this morning. We still have a little time left."

"Fine," he says, "I'm still going to be worried though."

That doesn't surprise me. But, I'll take what I can get. Eventually we get up after Brandon tells me that we're going to stop somewhere and eat before they drop me off. We take turns in the bathroom getting ready and shortly after we're on our way to wherever it is we are eating.

When we get to the restaurant, we're seated right away. All I can think about is the pictures. I don't know why I'm so nervous to tell them. They are the people I trust most in my life.

After we have our drinks and we've ordered, I blurt out, "I have something I need to tell you."

"What is it Sang?," Corey asks.

"As you all know I wanted to find information on my birth mom. And I did. Sorta," I pause for a moment to prepare myself. "I found some pictures of my Father with her. But there was somebody else in one of the pictures that we know. Mr. McCoy. And there was this note with these numbers on it, but it wasn't a phone number."

"When did you find these?," Axel asks.

I grimace. "A couple of days ago. I don't know why I didn't tell you guys when I found out, I guess I was just scared."

Marc gives me a weird look, "Why were you scared?"

"I was worried what the pictures might mean. It's not like my Father and I have the greatest relationship, but why wouldn't he mention that he knew him? And what are the chances that I go to the same school Mr. McCoy works at? Plus, I didn't want this to ruin our day yesterday."