Chapter 8

Brandon teaches Sang about working on motorcycles in this chapter and I don't know shit about them. I tried to do research, but it honestly confuses me so that won't be in too much detail, because I'm not about to write about stuff I have no clue about.

Hope you guys enjoy!
Sang's P.O.V.
      The next morning, I get ready to spend time with Brandon. He texted me last night telling me that he was going to come get me this morning if I was able to get out of the house.

      I'm obviously not missing an opportunity to get out of the house again, so I told him I would be able to.

      Mom is passed out, Marie is in her room, and Das is God knows where. I put medicine and toast by Mom's bed making sure to be very quiet.

      When Brandon tells me that he is at our meet-up spot, I sneak out as quickly as I can, notebook and pen in hand.

       All this interaction with new people is seriously getting to me. As I walk to the spot, I rub my clammy palms against my skirt. I enjoyed hanging out with them, but I am scared I'm going to embarrass myself or that they will tell me they actually don't like me. It's not like it would be new to me, considering my family, but it feels like they genuinely like hanging out with me. At least I know where my family stands on their feelings for me. This is completely new territory to me.

      I take a deep breath as I come up to Brandon's vehicle, but panic fills me again as I realize it's not a car. It's a motorcycle.

        Lord help me.

Brandon's P.O.V.

       I tend to think of my twin as somebody who trusts to easily. He seems to always see the good in people, something I have trouble with.

     But when it comes to the tiny blonde bombshell in the form of one Sang Sorenson, I felt like my brother. Something about her just feels trustworthy, despite me not having spent have any alone time with her.

      It made me feel better that my other brothers were already enamored with her. Even Axel, even if he doesn't admit it. She has them wrapped around her finger already and she doesn't even know it yet. I'm sure I will be too if she's already taken the others down.

       I do know that I'm ready to get her out of her house and to introduce her to the Academy, whether she joins or not, the Academy can still help her.

      I send her the text that I arrived at the same spot the others did and wait.

     When she walks up, I can practically feel the nervousness radiating off of her. Something doesn't sit right with me at the sight and I want to soothe her fears. I just don't know if her nervousness is from me or the motorcycle or both.

She writes a simple, Hello on her notebook and I'm filled with anger at the reminder of what her mom did to her.

I greet her back and she stands there with her arms wrapped around herself protectively. I'm not very good with making others feel better.

     "Don't think about it. Come sit behind me."

She hesitantly walks over and gets herself on the bike. I give her the extra helmet I brought and she gives me a grateful smile as she takes it.

"Okay, you're going to have to hold on tightly and lean with me," she nods and puts on the helmet before wrapping her arms around me tightly.

I think I enjoy her body pressed against my back too much and I clear my head of those thoughts before starting the motorcycle.

          I take off and get grip tightens even more and she seems to get even closer to me. It takes everything in me to focus on my driving and not her body on mine.