Chapter 14

Sang's P.O.V.

The next day, I'm just as nervous as the previous day about school. Not about the classes or most of the students, but about Mr. McCoy.

    I focus on pulling my hair up, trying not to focus on the vile man.

      It's one class. If I can survive my Mother, I can survive this.

I start to walk to my door before I remember something. I walk to the attic space and open it, pulling the stun gun out.

I contemplate it momentarily, before sticking it in my bookbag. It can't hurt to bring it just in case.

I walk quietly out of my room and down the stairs.

I quietly make my way out of the room and down the stairs, ignoring my aching body from yesterday's punishment.

Before I know it, I'm at Axel's car.

Out of all the guys, he's the one I'm most nervous around. He doesn't make me uncomfortable and he hasn't been rude, it's just hard to tell what he's thinking and he just has this aura of dominance around him.

I get in the car and tell Axel good-morning. He does the same and asks, "Are you feeling better about school today?"

      I shake my head without hesitation, "No. But I'll be fine."

       I watch the road as he takes off. Suddenly his assertive voice fills my ears, "Hey, look at me," my eyes meet his as he says, "If you need anything let us know. We're here for you through this."

     I start feeling slightly guilty at keeping the Mr. McCoy incident from them and I make a promise to myself in this moment.

       If anything else happens with Mr. McCoy, I will tell them everything.

    I nod and thank him.

    We sit in silence for the rest of the short ride. But it's not awkward. It's almost peaceful.

     When he pulls up to the school, he hands me a similar bag to one Marc gave me yesterday.

     I smile at him, "Thank you guys... for doing this. I mean- you don't have to do-," Axel interrupts me.

     "Maybe we don't. But we want to. Besides, somebody has to and I don't believe I'm far off by saying your family doesn't do this."

      I shake my head, "No, you aren't."

      His passive face alters slightly to now show a hint of anger, but his voice is controlled, "That's what we thought," his tone softens and he cradles my face gently in his hands, "We want to do this. Maybe that's hard for you to believe that we just want to, but we do. And that's all you need to know about it."

     I nod, "Okay. Thank you."

     He takes a moment just looking at me before placing a kiss on my forehead and pulling away, "Have a good day. And like I said, if you need anything, let us know."

"I will," I tell him honestly.

I get out of the car and walk towards the school.

I arrive to home room and see North and Luke are already in their seats.

"Hey, Sang!," Luke calls my name and I notice Greg look over when he hears my name.

I turn my gaze from him and walk to my seat.

I sit down and smile at Luke, "Good morning Luke."

I turn to North, "Good morning, North."