Fourteen

~Tate's POV~

      I ask, "What?" He says, "Werewolves." I ask, "Those exist? Well, I mean, if vampires exist then why not them. Are there any around here?" He looks me in the eyes, placing the drawing in my lap, "The Blacks and Clearwaters." I ask, "As in Jacob Black and the Clearwaters, one of the dad's friends?" He nods and I just look at the picture, "How do you know?" He says, "We can across them a while back." I ask, "So EVERYONE is a werewolf?" He says, "From MY understanding, no. I don't know TOO much about it, but supposedly they only turn when vampires are present. It stops their aging until all vampires in their territory are gone."

      I ask, "Is Jacob one?" He says, "I'm not sure. Probably not. At least not yet. Sometimes it skips a gene or two." I just nod understandingly and say, putting my sketchbook on the floor, "Come on, let's sleep." He says, "Vampires don't sleep." I shrug, "I know, but I want to lay down with you." He smiles and lays back, ready for bed, and says, "Well don't let me stop you." I smile and lightly laugh, laying down on his chest again. He turns the light out and says, "Good night, darlin'." I say, "Good night, Jasper."

      Through the night, I've had flashes of the nightmare I described to him, but they went away quick as I felt someone stroke my cheek. It was probably Jasper. In the middle of the night, I start thinking back to the water. It's like I'm reliving it. I feel like I'm under the water again, being held down. I'm thrashing around, trying to come up for air, but Tyler is holding me down. I try to talk but I end up coughing and screaming under the water.

      I feel something shaking me and I end up awake back in my room, gasping for air and sweating disgustingly. Jasper holds me gently, speaking softly, "It's okay, darlin'. You're safe. You're not in the water. You're laying in bed with me." I take a few deep breaths, closing my eyes and reminding myself everything that he's telling me. PTSD is a bitch to handle sometimes. We end up going back to bed, Jasper's embrace more firm, but not so firm that it hurts.

THE NEXT MORNING

      I wake up and Jasper's thankfully still here. I sit up and he smiles, "Good morning, beautiful." I scoff, "Nothing about me Is beautiful in the morning." He says, "I beg to differ." I shake my head and get up. Looks like someone's in denial and it isn't me. He says, "You'll want to get suited up comfy today." I ask, "Why's that?" He says, "You're playing baseball. You and Bella are coming with me and Edward to play with my family in a secret spot in the woods for us." I smile brightly, "I'd love to."

      I get dressed in something both appropriate AND comfortable. I'm surprised we're going to be playing with light rain and lightening. I wonder why...

      Once I'm done I see that Jasper had a bag next to the bed the whole time that I didn't even notice until now

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

      Once I'm done I see that Jasper had a bag next to the bed the whole time that I didn't even notice until now. I also notice that he's changed himself. I smile and say, "Look at you. My own sexy Texan baseball player." He smiles and I give him a nice kiss on the lips, wrapping my arms around his neck and he wraps his around my waist.

      He says, "I'll meet you in a sec. Me and Edward are going to be waiting at the door." I ask, "He was here last night?" He just smiles and I nod, makes sense. I go downstairs to see dad cleaning his gun. Uh oh. Bella looks at me and then at dad. She grabs him another beer and says, "Hey, got you another one." He says, blowing into the gun, "Thanks." She says quickly, "We have a date with Edward and Jasper." Dad just looks at us, stopping what he's doing with his gun.

Bella asks, "I thought you liked the Cullen's?" Dad says, "I though you didn't like any of the boys In town." That IS what she implied last night. I know that dad isn't like "rah-rah go team" for me and Jasper, but he wasn't too rude or anything when I told him. Bella says, "Edward doesn't live in town." Dad gives her a look and she says, "Technically." I say, "They're right outside." Dad asks, "They are?" We nod. Bella chimes in, "Yea, they wanted to OFFICALLY meet you. At least Edward did since you kind of already met Jasper."

Dad sighs, "Alright, bring 'em in," cocking his very large and very scary gun. Me and Bella both freeze in our spots for a moment, our eyes wide. She asks, "Could you be nice?" I explain, "They're important." Dad draws a fake halo over his head. Bella runs and opens the door, giving dad a chance to give my outfit a once over and offer a weird look.

They walk in and Edward looks even more nervous than Jasper if that's even possible. Edward starts, "Chief Swan. I want to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen." They shake hands. Jasper does the same thing, minus those EXACT words. Jasper explains, "We won't keep the girls out too late tonight." Edward continues, "They're going to play baseball with my family." Dad asks, "Baseball?" Jasper says, "Yes, sir, that's the plan."

Dad guffaws, "Bella's going to play baseball? I understand Tate a little bit, but Bella?" It's silent. Dad says, "Well, good luck with that." They say, "We'll take good care of them, we promise." We start leaving when dad does something even MORE embarrassing. He whispers, "Psst. Still got your pepper spray?" He mimics spraying someone and both of our eyes go wide out of embarrassment. We reply, "Yeah, dad." We leave and the boys chuckle. Time to play some baseball.

New Girl, New Life (A Jasper Hale Fanfiction - a Twilight story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें