Seventeen

~Tate's POV~

It's the next day and I've been quiet since we started driving. Jasper occasionally holds my hand, reaching behind the seat, but after a while I fell asleep. Now, Bella is on the phone, giving mom a voice mail. When she's done, she turns to me and asks softly, "Are you okay?" I respond flatly, my voice hoarse from crying, "Fine."

MUCH LATER

We get into a hotel and now we're sitting around, waiting for results. Jasper hands me a water bottle, "Please, darlin', you have to at least drink something. It'll make you feel better." I just take it and only lightly sip from it. He smirks and kisses my forehead. I say, "I'm gonna change." I wasn't going to until I saw Bella do it. He nods and I take my bag into the bathroom.

      I cling to my necklace as I walk out of the bathroom

      I cling to my necklace as I walk out of the bathroom. Jasper smiles and I smile back when Alice gasps, seeing something. We walk over. Jasper rushes over next to her on the couch, "What is it? What do you see?" She responds, "The tracker, he just changed course." Jasper asks, "Where will it take him, Alice?" He grabs her a pencil and a piece of paper.

      She begins drawing, "Mirrors. A room full of mirrors." Me and Bella both watch the paper intently. Bella says, "Edward says the visions aren't always certain." Jasper explains, "she sees the course people are on while they're on it. If they change their mind, the visions change."

      I say, "Okay, so the course the trackers on now is..." me and Bella both say at the same time, "A ballet studio?" Jasper and Alice both look shocked at us, "You've been here before?" I nod, "We took lessons as kids. The school we went to had an arch just like that." Jasper asks, "Is the school here in Phoenix?"  We nod and Bella's phone rings. I say, "I'm gonna ask the front desk for some towels to shower I'll be back." Jasper stands up, "Wait." I say, "Jasper, I'm just getting towels. I'll be fine."

      I leave before he can really stop me. Once I ask for it at the front desk, I get a phone call as well. I open it and it's Mom. I say, "Hello?" She says, "Tate? Tate, what's going on? Where are you?" She's scared, I can hear it. I ask, "Mom, calm down. What's wrong? Why are you freaking out?" I hear what sounds like shuffling  and it's quiet. I ask, "Hello? Mom?" Suddenly, I hear James' voice, "Fork's high school isn't very good at protecting their students' privacy." My heart drops.

      He continues, "It was too easy for Victoria to find your previous address. It's a nice house you had here. I was GOING to wait here for you, but then mom came home after a very worried call from your dad and it all worked out quite well after that." I hear my mom in the back trying to say something and I go outside, "Wait! Wait! Don't touch her, please! Wait!" He says, "You can still save her. You can still save your dad too." I ask, "What are you talking about?"

      He chuckles, "Well, it just so happens that Victoria is babysitting your dad. One call from me and your dad will end up the same fate as your mother." I just stay silent. He says, "If you wanna save them, you're gonna have to get away from your...'friends'." I can't let him hurt my family. I ask, "Where should I meet you?" He suggests, "How about your old ballet studio? And I'll know if you decided to bring them along, so don't. I'll be waiting."

      He hangs up and I hail a cab, giving him the address. I really hope mom's fine and dad doesn't get hurt...

      I get to the place and step inside. It's quiet. I call out, "Hello?" It's still quiet so I walk to the center of the room. Suddenly there's a gush of wind, causing me to turn around. I only see James for a minute, gasping, when he hits me in the head and knocks me out. What the hell just happened?