What Feels Right

I wake to knocking at the door. Groaning in irritation at someone interrupting my sleep, I push myself up in the bed. "Yes," I call with annoyance. The door swings open, revealing Marcel.

"Hey." He grins at me, shutting the door behind him. "Sorry to wake you, but I brought you clothes, and I wanted to see how you were doing. Josh told me that he took you to feed last night. That mean you feeling better?" He questions, throwing the clothes onto the armchair in the corner of the room before taking a seat at the end of the bed.

I shuffle so I'm sitting cross legged, looking at Marcel. "I guess." I sigh, truthfully not really knowing how I feel. "Thanks for the clothes. Hell, thanks for everything." I smile at him before dropping it, taking on a more serious tone. "You've done so much for me, I don't know what I could do in return."

"Hey," he pushes my arm lightly, "you don't owe me anything. You're still family to me, Lily. I'll always be here for you." I bite my lip as I meet his chocolate eyes. Our gazes lock and I can see the sincerity in his gaze. Reaching over, I take his hand and squeeze it.

"Still, thank you," I tell him. He smiles in return.

A moment passes as we enjoy the silence before he stands up. "Look I have a few things to do today, but I'll be back later, okay? Maybe we could go to a good bar I know, Rousseau's?" He asks as he heads toward the door. Placing his hand on the knob, he's about to open it when my voice stops him.

"Actually," I murmur, bowing my head and playing with the blanket on my lap, "I was thinking that I don't need to stay here anymore. I mean, I'm feeling better, and I'm sure that whatever happened to me was just a one time thing. I think I'm good enough to not be babysat by your night walker anymore." I laugh at my words, but Marcel doesn't follow suit.

Instead, he inhales sharply, drawing my attention. "Look Lily, I get it. It sucks being cooped up all day, but trust me, you're a lot safer here." His gaze meets mine pointedly, like a parent scolding a child. "You didn't see yourself the other night. It wasn't good. And it's been tense in the city. I don't want you to get mixed up in things. I don't want to see you get hurt-"

"I'm a big girl, Marcel!" I exclaim mockingly as I step out of the bed; the t-shirt from last night covering my body. "I know what I'm doing," I spit at him, hating how he's treating me like a child. "As for getting 'mixed up' in things, that's all my life has been lately. I can handle it. Don't pretend like I can't. You may have known me once a long time ago, but things have changed. So do not treat me like one of your vampire lackeys, like someone to order around, because I do not serve you or anyone. You may be this self-proclaimed King of New Orleans, but you are not my King!" I yell at him. My eyes narrow, piercing him like daggers.

He grits his teeth, seeming to try to calm his rage before addressing me. "I am just trying to protect you," he grits at me, clamping his hand on the door knob and twisting it open. "I will be back later." He states before leaving.

"Ugh," I scream, punching the wall beside me, leaving a gigantic hole in the plaster for him to fix. Serves him right.

Stomping into the bathroom, I decide to shower and change, ignoring Marcel's wishes and leaving after all. If he thinks he can boss me around than he has another thing coming for him.

...

Walking into Rousseau's, I hear familiar voices, causing me to freeze in my tracks and listen in. They seem to not have heard me as they continue speaking. "Where is she?" I hear Elijah's voice ask. Wait Elijah? I thought he was daggered. Damn, I must've missed a lot.

"If I tell you where Agnes is, you'll just kill her." A woman's voice replies, peaking my interest. What is going on?

"Isn't that obvious?" Klaus questions sarcastically. Klaus? I roll my eyes. It seems as though he's in a great mood.