The Girl is Dead

I leave Mystic Falls a couple days later with too many goodbyes for my unsentimental heart to take. Caroline and I caught up about Tyler and college. I even managed to have a nice conversation with Bonnie and Jeremy. I avoided Elena, though she was acting weird anyways. And this morning, I left my brothers with a few hugs and wishes of well-being, though their wishes were more commands as they also ordered me to let them know if anything happens. I neglect to tell them about what's already happened in New Orleans. As Stefan said, I think they already have enough on their plates as it is.

As I near New Orleans in my car, I attempt to prepare myself for what I'm about to walk into. Klaus went too far the other day, and I know he must realize this too. Everyone will expect me to have something to say about it, and they're right, I do. Though that doesn't mean that they need to be privy too it. I can only hope that Rebekah took my advice and handled the situation calmly instead of escalating it. Ugh, and I thought fighting with Damon and Stefan was bad...

Stepping into the compound with my suitcase, the few vampires hanging around freeze when they take note of my presence. I don't know if it's because of who I am to Klaus or it's me, but I ignore it as I head for our bedroom. When I enter it, I find Klaus seated in an armchair in the corner with his sketchpad. Popping my suitcase onto the bed, I start to unpack. After a moment I look up to find Klaus watching me. I quirk a brow. "What? No hello love. Shame," I sigh to myself, "I thought you would've missed me more."

Klaus sets his sketchpad down, but he doesn't move from his spot. "I suppose you have been told about my exploits while you were gone. I'm sure one of my siblings or Marcel was all too eager to tell you."

I nod my head, putting the last of my clothes away. "Rebekah told me, yes." Shoving my suitcase underneath the bed, I glance to Klaus to find his forehead crinkled with concern and anticipation.

"And?"

I place my hands on my hips, staring back at the man in the room. "And haven't we done this before? Haven't I answered this question?" He frowns in confusion. I release another sigh, walking over to him. "I already told you that I'm not here to lecture you. I'm not here to guide you on a quest of morals. You know what you've done, and now you must decide whether it was the right move or not." I take a seat at the end of the bed. "Besides you know now as well as you knew two days ago that I wouldn't have approved of your choices. You knew what my vote in the matter would've been. So tell me, what would telling you what you already know do? Where does that get us?"

His face falls as he takes in my words. "So, you're not mad?"

"Mad?" I echo his word of choice. "No," I shake my head, "more disappointed. Because poison, really? That's what you deemed necessary?"

Klaus drops his head as his eyes fall to the ground. He thinks to himself for a moment before he stands, crossing over to me. I look up at him with curiosity. He merely grins down at me and offers his hands. I take them, and he helps me up. Next, his lips find mine, and we lose ourselves in a kiss. "Welcome home, Love," he smiles at me when we pull away.

"Thank you." I smile back at him.

He frowns slightly. "You're right. My actions may not have been the wisest way about going about things." He glances at me. I only raise an eyebrow in a "you-think" look. He shakes his head and steps back to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "So tell me, how are those pesky brothers of yours?"

I roll my eyes but tell him about Mystic Falls all the same.

Afterwards, I go to find Davina, the poisoned girl in question. She's in her room and when I knock, an incoherent mumble greets my ears. Opening the door, I peek in. "Hey, Davina." I'm afraid I may not be her favorite person, but something about the young girl...I don't know if it's her spirit, her fight, or the fact that she has survived so much..I feel a kinship with her.