The Beginning of the End

(A/N: Quick FYI: I changed Anna's fiancés name to Will instead of Frank. It has been changed in Secrets too.)

Standing in our bathroom, I use the mirror above the vanity to put on my makeup. My body is adorned in one of my favorite skirts and a basic gray shirt. I accessorize the outfit with layered necklaces, my rings, and sandals. It's a simple look, one that I haven't worn in a while. As I coat my lips with lipstick, my phone buzzes with a text. Glancing down at it, my heart jumps a beat when I read Jess's 'SOS' text.

I cap the lipstick and immediately call her. Klaus and I agreed on no interruptions, but since we technically haven't left yet, I'm answering this as very rarely do I get a 'SOS' text from Jess. When she's answers, I'm quick to speak. "Hey, I saw your text. What's up?" I ask with concern.

"Oh, wow. I'm surprised you called so soon. I thought I was going to have to wait a few hours before I heard from you."

Leaning my hip against the vanity counter, I sigh. "Okay, I get it. I need to improve on answering. Now, what's the SOS about? Are you in trouble? Did you get yourself arrested again? Because I told you to just compel your way out! Agreeing to go with the officer just because they're cute is not a good enough reason to allow yourself to be dragged into a station."

Klaus enters the bathroom, raising a brow at my words. I wave a hand, dismissing his concern. He smirks at me and steps behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, leaning his chin on my shoulder. "No. No. That's not it. I'm not that stupid, Lilypad!"

I roll my eyes in amusement at Jess. "Really? Then what's your excuse for Prague?"

Jess scoffs across the line as I lean back against Klaus, who starts to press delicate kisses against my neck. I try to nudge him off as it's becoming distracting, but he persists.

"Ugh! Will you never let that go? It was one time, woman!" Jess argues with me, but I can hear the smile in her voice. "No, I'm not in trouble-"

"Then why SOS?"

"I will tell you if you stop interrupting me," Jess scolds me. I grin. When she realizes I won't speak again, she continues. "I'm calling an SOS because I need to borrow your red dress."

Although I know she can't see me, I still raise a brow at this. "My red dress? That's not at all vague. Which one?"

Jess huffs. "I'm talking about the red dress. You know, your bombshell? Your hook-and-sink? The one you wear when-"

"Ok, yeah. I get it," I cut her off, fearing where the rest of her sentence was going. Klaus doesn't know the Lily that existed in the last few decades. He doesn't know this side of me, and some things should be kept quiet a bit longer, like my pick up tactics. Speaking of the devil, Klaus pauses his attack to send me a questioning look in the mirror. I shake my head, replying to Jess instead. "Yeah, you can have it. I think I left it in my Chicago apartment. You remember the code to get in?"

"Yep!" Jess affirms before releasing a giggle. Her cute little laugh makes me smile. "This is gonna be so amazing!"

"Why? What do you need the dress for?"

Another giddy giggle echoes down the line. "Not a what, but a who! You'll never guess who I ran into while having a brunch date with Anna."

Klaus presses a kiss to my cheek, as his arms tighten around me. "Who?" One of his arms wraps around the back of my thighs as he picks me up and seats me on top of our vanity. When I meet his gaze, he sends me a mischievous smirk. I send him a warning look in return.