Feelings We're Afraid to Name

A breath of relief falls from my lips as the water cascades down my skin. This is what I needed. After all the stress I've felt lately, a hot shower is exactly what I need to relax a little. As I reach for the soap to lather upon my skin with my loofah in hand, the glass door opens behind me. I smirk to myself, glancing over my shoulder. Klaus's naked form greets my eyes as he smiles at me. His arms wrap around my stomach as he presses a kiss to my shoulder. I hum to myself. The kiss is followed up by a trail of them leading to my ear. "Allow me," he whispers in my ear, taking the loofah out of my hand. I bite my lip as I watch him squeeze some soap onto it before he touches it to my skin.

Slowly--so slowly--Klaus washes and lathers me. He takes his time to make sure every nook and cranny is clean as he explores my body. Moans fall from my lips at his gentle and sensual touch. His murmurs of pleasure brush against my delicate skin along with his lips. When I can't take it anymore, I turn around and collide my mouth with his. Klaus easily returns the kiss, pushing my passion beyond comprehensive depths. And in that moment, I need him more than anything else. I crave him. So, I push him against the shower wall and take what I want to no protest of his.

Long after the water has turned cold do Klaus and I find ourselves finally stumbling out of the glass enclosure and into towels. I laugh at the dopey expression on his face. He's too cute. A chuckle falling from his lips, Klaus picks me up and sets me onto the bathroom counter. Stepping in between my legs, he pulls me into another kiss. I grin through it, feeling as dumbstruck in love as he looks. Once our kiss breaks, I toss my arms around his neck. My fingers twist into his hair, and I stare into his beautiful blue eyes. He smiles at me in return.

"I have a question," I whisper. Klaus hums in response as he drops his head to plant kisses up my arms. "My friend Anna is getting married later this year, and I'm a bridesmaid." Klaus doesn't respond. He merely continues his kisses as he waits for me to ask my question. A nervous breath falls from my lips as I stare down at the man of my dreams. The man that has haunted me for years. He captured my heart a long time ago, and even when I didn't know, he's held onto it since. "I was wondering," I swallow, "...I was wondering if you wanted to attend as my date." Klaus pauses his expedition of my arms and looks to me with curious eyes. I panic, shifting in my seat, and start to ramble. "It would be a chance for you to meet my friends. I know Jess wants to meet you, and I talk about her a lot, so I'm sure you're curious, and if you came then you could do that. And you could meet everyone else too. I-I just want to include you in that part of my life, that is if you want to be, and I think this would be a good starting point. And I-"

Klaus presses his lips to mine, effectively putting a stop to my endless sentences. When he pulls away, I blink at him. Wonder swirls in his eyes as he studies me. "You want me there?" The thickness of emotion in his voice quiets me. I nod. Klaus watches me. His eyes flicking over my face. "And you want me to meet your friends?" I nod again. His lips twitch, but then, a dark look crosses his features. "You want me to meet them? Evil, bad Klaus Mikaelson." The sudden doubt in his voice has me frowning. I move my hands from his hair to his cheeks.

"Hey! That's not true." But Klaus pulls away from me. Pacing our bathroom, still clothed in only a towel around his waist, he runs a hand over the back of his neck. My frown deepens. "Nik." I slide off the counter as I step to him. My hand falls between his shoulder blades, pausing him in his step. "You're more than you're reputation. You know that, right?" He shudders underneath my touch, stepping away. I refuse to let him pull away though. Touching his arm, I spin him around. His eyes find mine, blazing with an insecurity that breaks my heart. "Nik," I murmur. "I love you. Of course, I want my friends to meet you. And when they do, they'll see what I see." I raise my right hand and place it over his chest. "A passionate, creative, ambitious, loving soul. Someone who will always fight for what they believe in and for those they love." My left hand caresses his cheek as I beg his eyes to see the sincerity in mine. "You're amazing, Niklaus. I just wish you saw that too."