"See? As long as Amara's not doing anything stupid, it's alright." she laughed. "I'm sure she's not planning on getting babies anytime soon." she said, looking at her husband and the twins pointedly. "Unless you think she will?"

I felt my face turn red at her comment, and the twins both opened their mouth to object.

"That's not what we meant!" Santino spluttered.

"We don't think she's going to have sex!" Salvino added. "It's just-"

"Just what?" she interrupted, raising a brow. "Amara, why don't you go upstairs? I'm going to have a nice chat with your brothers."

"That's an amazing idea." Salvestro agreed, standing up.

He didn't hesitate to drag me out of the chair, completely ignoring Salvatore's words of 'sitting back down' and 'come back' as he towed me away.

"I swear, they are too protective over you." Salvestro muttered exasperatedly, shaking his head as he pushed me upstairs. "Salvatore, especially."

"You just realized?" I drawled, rolling my eyes.

"No, I've known since the beginning," he denied. "But what can I do?"

"I have no idea." I replied. "What can you do?"

"Nothing, to be honest," he said dryly. "I can't change them. It's in Salvatore's nature to be like this."

"Is it though?"

"Probably." he shrugged. "He's always been extremely protective over the things he considers as his. Even as a child. Obviously, not like you are property or anything, but like... you get what I mean? He considers you as family."

"Yeah, I get it." I nodded. "You don't have to explain it to me."

"Thank God." he murmured, giving me a wry smile. "I honestly would not know how to explain it to you."

"Eh, living with you guys means I got to understand how you guys work." I replied offhandedly. "But what do you think Alicia is going to talk to them about?"

"No idea," Salvestro grinned. "She'll probably scold Salvatore."

"In front of Sandeo and the twins?" I said disbelievingly.

"No no," Salvestro chuckled. "Salvatore will throw a fit if she did it in front of people. He'll be embarrassed as hell, and will be livid. Alicia will probably reprimand him when they're alone."

"I can see that." I agreed, nearly giggling at the sight of Alicia scolding Salvatore.

It just didn't paint the right picture in my head. Alicia, a small woman even with a fit, athletic body, successfully chiding Salvatore, a big man packed with at least two times the muscle mass Alicia has.

However, with Alicia being Salvatore's wife, I could see it happening. I could paint a picture of Salvatore putting away his pride. It just made sense, y'know?

Now if it were someone else like Elena who decides to try and scold him... he would definitely throw hands. I wouldn't know if he would win against a full on physical fight with Elena though. It would be too hard to tell.

While Salvatore did weigh and have more muscle mass than Elena, I was nearly a hundred percent sure Elena had skills Salvatore would never be able to match up with. Knowing her past history as an assassin, I wouldn't know who to put my money on if those two were to ever get in a physical fight.

"By the way," I started, turning to look at Salvestro. "Where's Ophelia?"

"She went out today." Salvestro answered immediately. "She wanted to make a lemon custard pie tomorrow, and since we didn't have the ingredients she needed, she went out to buy them."