"You lost?" I hummed.

"Uh... I um... I'm here to see Bret." She said meekly.

I raised a brow at that. I hoped to the gods this wasn't the moment I found out Bret was cheating on me. We had been through too much for either one of us to throw it away now.
Turning back to see where my fiancé was. I seen him walking towards us with our daughter in his hands. My eyes turned to slits seeing him.

"It's for you." I spoke with venom laced in my voice as I grabbed Melanie from his arms.

"What? Who is it?" He asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

I turned back to the door, looking at the girl. "What's your name?"

"Ursula."

"And what exactly do you have to see Bret for?" I shifted my daughter on my as her hands tangled in my hair.

"Dean told me to come by here. I work for a women's wrestling company called GLOW. He told me Bret had some old training gear I could borrow until I find some." The young blonde explained, I remained stoic faced, however nodding.

I turned back to Bret and quietly raised a brow. He looked skeptical as he opened the door wider.

"Hi. I'm Bret. You said Dean sent you?" He questioned immediately.

"Yes. Your brothers Bruce and Dean are helping train a few of the girls and well... I'm the only one without proper gear." Ursula nervously tucked a piece of hair behind her ear as she eyed Bret.

"Uh-huh..." Bret scratched his smooth chin.

"I don't have anything right now. I'm sorry, miss. Have you tried my dad's place?"

She faltered a little bit as he spoke. I scoffed out a laugh. Melanie began whining and reaching for her father as I held her.

"No... they said–"

"Check there. I'm sorry." Bret cut her off as he took Melanie back from me, smiling as she began cooing at him.

"Alright. Is this your daughter or niece?" Ursula nodded before smiling at Melanie. I felt my defenses begin to build as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"His daughter." I cut in.

Her eyes flickered to mine. She pursed her lips before clicking her tongue.

"She's cute."

"Thanks...." Bret said awkwardly, looking to me.

"Are you a wrestler too?" The girl asked, looking me up and down.

I smirked, raising my brow slightly. "I don't know. Want to find out?"

"Alright. It was nice meeting you, Ursula. But my wife and I have to go start dinner. So if you will excuse us." Bret put a hand on my shoulder, practically pulling me backwards as he shut the door before the tiny blonde could speak.

Turning back to him, I huffed. "I could have taken her."

"There is no need to fight a girl I will never even see again." He smiled a little, his thing gently stroking the skin between my neck and shoulder.

"Seriously? What is with your brothers?" I grumbled, reaching out for my daughter who only babbled one, smacking her hands against Bret's chest in high amusement.

"I don't know... but I don't like it." Bret shook his head with a scowl. Before smiling down at Melanie.

"Dean wasn't even in town last time I talked to Diana." Moving into the kitchen, I began pulling things out for dinner.