13: milestones.

I was pissed. Beyond pissed off.

And being pregnant in thigh hugh stiletto boots were not helping the situation.

"Kat, you're not going out there–"

"Oh yeah? Watch me!" I snapped back at Bret who held the bridge of his nose.

"It's not safe! You're pregnant!" He hissed.

"This is my last appearance before I give birth, Bret! Let me have this!" I argued against him.

"No." He shook his head.

"You are overreacting!" I pushed my hand through my blonde locks and stopped, turning to him.

"I'm overreacting? You're the one that's getting mad here."

"Because you know how much this means to me. I am giving a lot up here, Bret. This is going to be the last thing I do before I have our baby. I figured you would understand that and support me." I flailed my hands in the air and rolled my eyes.

It went silent between us.

And the tension was cut open loud and proud. I wasn't done drilling into him yet.

"You've been acting distant and moody towards me ever since that fight between me and your stupid sister at your parents house almost two weeks ago." I pursed my lips and watched him advert his eyes to the ground.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked seriously, and softly.

"It's nothing." He said rather defensively.

"It's obviously something." I scoffed.

"Is the baby really mine?" Bret asked quietly as I opened my mouth.

I only stared at him. What else could I do? I felt like my whole world was crashing down at this very second.

"How fucking dare you ask me that..." I said lowly.

"Kat–"

"No! I haven't been with anyone but you in a long time, Bret. I could've if I wanted too but I haven't! You're unbelievable! You seriously have been acting like this because your sister, who hates my guts made a comment that has went to your head..." I stopped myself and laughed.

I looked up at him and forced a smile. Patting his shoulder with my hand softly.

"You're off the hook, Hart."

I spun on my heel and started up the hallway. But not without Bret shouting after me.

"Kat, please–"

"No! Leave me alone, Bret. This is over. Whatever we had. It's done. I guess I was right. We really can't be together." I put my hand on his chest and shoved him back.

"Don't do this Kat! I'm sorry!"

"Don't talk to me. Don't look at me and don't even think about me." I growled and made my way up the hallway.

I passed a few locker rooms before I found the one I was looking for. Hesitantly, I brought my hand up to the door and knocked. It took a few seconds before anyone came to the door.

"Hey..." I said awkwardly.

"Aye." Tom acknowledged me with a nod.

"What 're ya doin' out here. Aren't ya suppost to be with Hart and Neidhart?" He asked while leaning against the door.

I only shrugged, shuffling in my heels. Tom sighed heavily before opening the door up to me. He tugged my arm a little and pulled me inside the room with him.