20: bombshells.

"Oh my god, Kat! She looks adorable!" Georgia grinned widely as she looked at my daughter

"Say thank you." I said in a baby voice as I played with Melanie's small hands.

"Where is my brother?" She looked around, raising her brow.

"Outside with the boys." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"How's everything been?" Alison asked, sitting back on the couch.

"Honestly? I've never been happier." I smiled happily.

Life was amazing, and things were actually not so bad. Except for the occasional argument over why Bret didn't clean out the nursery trash can, or Melanie not wanting to go down for a nap. She was only further proving how stubborn she was. Just like her father.

It had been a solid month and a half, and my daughter was already growing. She looked like Bret with a few of my features, including my blonde hair. One thing that melted my heart is how giggly and smiley Melanie had become recently.

"She's beginning to turn into such a chunk, and I love it." Celeste whined, poking Melanie's chubby legs.

"She eats all the time." I smiled, rubbing my hand over her head.

"Sounds like someone we know." Alison smirked, nodding her head out the window.  She then announced she was leaving to get her daughter. All of us hugged her before she had to swiftly leave our little shindig.

"Of course. What doesn't she inherit from her father." I scoffed, standing up and sitting Melanie in her bassinet.

"Mind watching her while I go check on the guys?" I asked, looking at Celeste and then to the two Hart sisters.

"Don't ever ask me that again. I would steal her." Celeste said calmly, smiling.

"Would Tom be alright with that?" I smirked, putting my hands on my hips.

"I didn't realize he got a say so." She deadpanned.

"I'll be back." I laughed, walking out onto the back porch.

The guys sat gathered around the fire pit in my backyard. Wayne, Tom, Bret and Georgia's husband B.J sat comfortably as they talked. Beers of course were included.

"Hey, anyone want anything?" I questioned, walking up to the group.

"Should you be up and walking around?" Wayne asked, giving me a funny look.

"Listen, just because I had a baby doesn't mean I'm paralyzed or I'm not capable of doing anything." I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I could use another beer." B.J. said shyly.

"Fook it, me too." Tom added, pushing his longer hair out of his face.

I nodded, then looking at Bret. He looked at back at me. I raised my brow, playfully, he grinned.