3: a hart's dinner.

Bret's POV.

"Bret, you need to get ready to head to your parents." Jim reminded me as I drank the last of my beer and sighed heavily.

It had been a hard week on us. We were putting in our everything and Vince still didn't seem like he cared that much. Davey and Tom were his crown jewels at the moment. I could understand why. They were an excellent tag team. But they didn't seem the hype to me. It seemed like anything those two did Vince was in love with.

"Bret!" Jim shouted this time.

"Okay, I'm doing give me a little bit. You can go on and pick up Ellie and the kids." I waved him off.

"You're sure?" He asked.

"Yeah. Meet you there, brother." I pounded his fist with mine and made my way into my pathetic excuse of a room in my small apartment space.

I needed help.

After taking a quick shower. I got dressed and headed to my parents house. It was the usual Sunday dinner. No matter what Stu had us all there for his feasts on Sunday's or else.

Of course that meant I had to see all of my siblings and usually their loved ones. I usually got along with my brothers and sisters. Usually. Ellie and I have never seen eye to eye. I've always been convinced she hated me. It just so happens that she married Jim, my tag team partner.
It was no problem for my dad Stu and my mother Helen. They owned what we called the Hart Mansion. They could have as many people as they wanted.

I forced myself out to my apartment and into my car. I hated how I lived. I made pretty good money, but I still wasn't able to buy a house or an actual good running car. I hated it.

When I arrived I could see all of my sisters outside. Ellie with her daughter Natalie, Georgia stood beside her with her big, long blonde hair. Allison held her newborn daughter Madelyn in her arms while Diana held her newborn son Harry. They seemed to all dawn over each other. I could never understand it.

"Uncle Bret!" Nat yelled as I got out of my car.

"Hey there, Nattie." I smiled down at her, messing her hair up.

"Where are all the guys at, huh?" I grinned, walking her back up to her mother.

"Out back playing ball." She giggled.

"Girls." I greeted them with a hint of a smile.

"Bret." Georgia said in surprise as she wrapped her arms around me.

Ellie glared at me. I did my best not to do the same in return. Allison walked over, her daughter in her arms and smiled. I hugged both of my sisters back when Diana gave me a tired smile.

"You both look very tired." I looked between Diana and Allison.

"We are. But we're glad you're home." Di swayed her arms carefully.

"I'm glad to be back." I admitted.

And I was. I loved coming home. I just hated when one of my siblings usually started a fight.

Excusing myself, I walked around to the back side of the house and found all of my brothers playing football. I chuckled to myself as I watched them. The one that stood out the most to me was Owen. With his shaggy blonde hair and his taller build, Owen was already in the best shape of his life. I thought he would go into football or maybe something else. But wrestling had sucked him in too.

"Bret, you're late!" Bruce shouted at me.

"I know. Sorry." I said stepping closer to the field.