15: brother vs brother.

"You do not!" He laughed as I smiled at him over the table, sipping my water out of my champagne glass.

"So... what have you been up to?" I grinned and watched him run his hand through his wild hair.

"Things haven't been bad. I've been alright." He smiled hard.

"Dean..." I sighed.

"Kat, you're in a far worse situation from me. You're pregnant and my asshole, idiot of a brother left you to deal with it." The gorgeous Hart rolled his eyes and slumped in his chair.

"It's been two days since I left that message, Dean. He's probably at work." I bit my lip.

"Or... he doesn't want this." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't see why he wouldn't." He shrugged.

"Well I'm nothing special. I'm moody, my hair is falling out. I have swollen ankles if I'm on my feet too long. I look like I swallowed a beach ball. I could go on." I waved my hand and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Listen, all I'm saying is, I wouldn't have left you." He snorted.

"I hate you." I laughed and threw my napkin at him.

We both got up and moved towards the register. Dean left the tip as I paid. He helped me out the door when an older couple stopped and smiled at us.

"What a gorgeous family! You two will be amazing parents!" The elder lady beamed happily.

"Uh.." I smiled a little trying to find the words in my head. She meant no harm. She didn't deserve to be bawled out.

"Thank you, ma'am. We're both excited." Dean smiled at her and nodded before opening the other door for me.

I raised my eyebrow at him once we walked outside.

"We're both excited?" I mused.

"I'm excited! Even if it's Bret's." Dean shrugged and lit up a cigarette.

"Well... you know. Thanks." I wrinkled my nose and moved to his other side as we walked.

"Kat.. I know things between Bret and I will never be the same but I'm happy for him. He's living his dream. While I've barely got control of my life." He sighed.

"But aren't you doing concerts and stuff? Isn't that working out?" I frowned and stopped when we reached my side of his truck.

"No. I'm uh... moving back in with my mom and dad. Do you know what that's like?" He said softly before chuckling. I could only stare at him.

"All of my other siblings have went out and settled down. Made themselves a life. While I'm going to live at home with my parents and my youngest brother. I feel like I've failed." He puffed on the cigarette simultaneously.

I pulled it out of his fingers and chucked it into the grass. I took his face in my hands and smiled at him. Dean looked at me with dull, brown eyes that were once full of mischief and life.

"Dean, you haven't failed. You've went out and seen the world! How many people can say they've done that in your family? Not many. You've met people some of us will never meet. You have done more than you think. Dean, your mom and dad aren't getting any younger. And Owen will leave them soon. They will need someone there with them. There is a reason everything happens. You're worth something, babe." I smiled as my thumb stroked his cheek. I pressed a kiss to his cheek and got inside his truck.

"Come on! Your niece or nephew need a nap!" I clapped my hands at him. The Hart stood before my window a few feet back and grinned slowly as he then rushed and got into his truck.